News:

• May 09, 2024, 02:37:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: should I glue them on?  (Read 1016 times)

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
should I glue them on?
« on: July 27, 2006, 02:24:11 PM »
I've got the nacelles pinned and ready for glue. I've used every measuring tool I have. I've eyeballed them too.

How do they look to you?
If you need to see them from another angle I can get a picture asap.
Frank Carlisle

Offline Ron King

• Commander
Re: should I glue them on?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 02:46:46 PM »
Frank,

Scary moment, huh.  %^

Are the engines supposed to be zero-zero-zero? Many full scale twins use asymetrical thrust lines for the engines to help in single engine situations.

If these are supposed to be zero, then here is what I would do: Attach one nacelle, then do a full measuring job again before mounting the second unit. If you can get one of them square with the wing, it should be easier to get the second one to match. Think of it as doing two single engine planes. I sure wouldn't try to do both of them at once.

I don't see an incidence meter in your shot. I would have one of those on the wing the whole time to make sure I don't bump anything out of line. I also have three or four angle meters that double as squares. These get placed at strategic locations while I'm mating the major pieces together.

Actually, if this was my plane, I would sit and think about it for another week or two, just to be sure I didn't forget something.   ~^  It always takes me a couple of days to mate the wing and fuse on a single engine stunt ship. Twin engines equals four times the work???  <=

Best of luck,

Ron

Ron King
AMA AVP District 4
Wannabe Stunt Pilot since 1963
 Amateurs practice until they get it right; Pros practice until they cannot get it wrong.

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 03:12:42 PM »
yeah Ron, very scary-the moment of truth.

Consider this please. The three bottoms are dead flat. The wing incidence is paralel with top and bottom of fuse. The wing slot in nacelles is identical to that of the fuselage. The wing is square in the body. I marked lines 4 1/2 inches from fuse. The inside side of nacelles are lined up on these lines. All thre bottoms are even and sitting flat on the table.

The plans suggest 2 degree offset on right (outboard engine). When I built the engine crutches I set both engines  dead straight. As it sits now the nacelles are as dead straight as I've ever gotten anything.
Frank Carlisle

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 05:50:56 PM »
O.K. the nacelles are glued on .
Frank Carlisle

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here