News:

• May 20, 2024, 03:13:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pictures of ARC Ringmaster  (Read 668 times)

Mike Griffin

• Trade Count: (0)
Pictures of ARC Ringmaster
« on: April 28, 2009, 04:36:38 PM »
I have finished two ARC Ringmasters and both are sold but wanted to post the pictures here so everyone who was interested could see how they will arrive.  About all the pilot has to do is drill for the engine he is using, install the landing gear (wheels, wheel collars, gear retainer clips and wire gear are included) Cover the wing, Install it, Install the stab (pre-hinged to elevator with dacron hinges)glue on the rudder and put a tank on it. The pushrod is installed in the Tom Morris bellcrank and I include a piece of carbon fiber pushrod and a solder sleeve so the customer can use either to attach the back half of the pushrod to the elevator.

I used contest balsa everywhere I could (mostly Bud Nosen) and have finished sanded the entire plane and applied 3 coats of 50/50 Butyrate dope and thinner.

Mike
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 07:48:27 PM by Richard Grogan »

Mike Griffin

Re: Pictures of ARC Ringmaster
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 09:28:02 PM »
Hello Ty haven't talked to you in a while.  The plane is $175.00 and the shipping is $15.00.  If someone doesn't like to build or have the time to do it, this could be an answer for them to get in the air with a nice plane that wasn't made by a 12 year old girl in China with a hot glue gun...LOL>...

I don't want to get swamped but would like to make a few for the folks who want them.

Mike

Mike Griffin

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 04:44:56 PM »
Thank you Ty...any word of mouth would be appreciated.

Hope to see you in Paducah this year

Mike

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 08:45:20 AM »
Mike, do you gaurantee that the wing will not fold? LL~ LL~ LL~ Just kidding as the pictures show some great construction.  If I wasn't so strapped with too many planes I would take one, but,  I already have a Ringmaster hanging on the hook.  Hope you get a lot of orders to keep you busy.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 10:08:54 AM »
Wow!  A Ringmaster with a line adjuster and wing weight box! That calls for some serious trim adjustments!

Floyd
90 years, but still going (mostly)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Mike Griffin

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 09:24:31 PM »
Hi guys thanks for the nice compliments.  Yes I did even add adjustable leadouts and a weight tip box.  I wanted to give em their money's worth.

Mike

y1 y1 y1

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here