Building Tips and technical articles. > Building techniques

Original Nobler flaps

<< < (2/3) > >>

Brent Williams:
Here is a little snip from the plans for the Brodak Original Nobler.
Certainly shows a radical differences in inboard vs outboard flap size.

doug coursey:

--- Quote from: Brent Williams on February 20, 2024, 08:18:09 PM ---Here is a little snip from the plans for the Brodak Original Nobler.
Certainly shows a radical differences in inboard vs outboard flap size.

--- End quote ---
your right i was looking at the 57 nobler flaps...these plans from brodak and RSM are not 100% correct especially the RSM ones....

Ken Culbertson:
While we are on the subject of Nobler plans, which set was used for the TopFlight ARF?  When I finally got mine trimmed it seemed to actually fly better than the Green Box.  I was lucky to get a light straight wing.  As to the different size flaps, that was not uncommon back then.  Just getting through the new pattern was more important than having a bit of roll in the "right" direction. With, at best a Fox 35 for power, the overhead stuff would become a religious experience quite often. 

Ken

Dave_Trible:
I think I have a set of green box plans someplace so I'll dig.  What you show with the larger inboard flap,  and in many cases with airplanes in the early classic period where the inboard wing might be as much as two inches longer,  is the case where they used little if any tip weight.  I just built two new classics that call out ZERO tip weight.  I built them that way but yet to fly them.   I'm a little nervous but I'll figure it out.   Bro Adamisin is making up some light lines for me so that may be the trick.   I think on your Nobler I'd make the flaps equal both sides and carry a bit of tip weight to start and go from there......

Dave

doug coursey:
i made mine equal length wing panels and flaps...but narrowed the flaps a little bit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version