News:

• May 04, 2024, 04:00:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need help, as usual  (Read 608 times)

Offline Keith Spriggs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
    • khspriggs
Need help, as usual
« on: March 18, 2007, 07:54:21 AM »
I am scratch building a Tomahawk, my first building in almost 40 years. I made a jig to build the wing. I assembled the ribs, spars. and leading edge. After checking and clamping everything together I checked it for being straight. When I was satisfied that it was straight. I applied thin CA to all the joints. It is still in the jig. Now for the question.

Do I need to apply more glue to the joints? If so what kind? What do you think about using Tite-Bond for the trailing edge which is a piece of 1/16 inch balsa strip top and bottom that are about an inch wide. Is this the best thing to use? If not what should I use.

Thanks in advance
Keith

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Need help, as usual
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 08:33:17 AM »
Keith: As far as adding more glue, I would say there is no need to unless there is a weak joint you'd just be adding more weight. As far as the trailing edge sheeting, is there a trailing edge cap? if not make sure you taper the sheeting where they meet unless there's stationary flaps. Tight bond, sigment,sig bond, ambroid or even medium CA will do. I use Sigbond just my choice.  Good Luck
Leester
ama 830538

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here