News:

• May 14, 2024, 09:44:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mig-3 Cockpit. Added Photos!! 8th wonder of the world!  (Read 3336 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Mig-3 Cockpit. Added Photos!! 8th wonder of the world!
« on: April 02, 2014, 07:23:35 PM »
That 8th wonder thing is a joke. Honestly.

I'm in such a good mood, I feel like "Good" Will Hinton.

Yippiee, yahoo, wazoo and all that stuff.  #^

I'm delighted because I'm winding down on the cockpit detail of the Mig-3, and I'm happy that it's almost completed.

It's been in limbo because of the nameless "E" conversion.

Another couple of hours or so and I can dedicate my time to finishing the nameless. Maybe call it ARGO. Not a bad name.

Anyway, I'm sure there are plenty of modelers who don't know of the Mig-3 cockpit build. It's not in prime time.  LL~

Well, if interested, it's over at CFC Graphic's vendor's corner.

41 more pieces and this is what I have to show for my recent efforts. 279 pieces so far.

Charles
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:05:42 AM by Avaiojet »
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Mig-3 Cockpit. Added Photos!! 8th wonder of the world!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 10:10:52 AM »
I'd like to thank everyone for their replies.

Here's some added photos.

Not much left now!
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 10:38:16 AM »
That's impressive!  What is the "First Aid" box used for, I wonder.  If one of these things tangles with an F-86 I don't think Ivan would have time for a Band-Aid.

F.C.
90 years, but still going (mostly)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 02:06:52 PM »
Incredible workmanship -simply incredible.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 04:26:14 PM »
Let's face it, Charles.  You are a scale model builder.  Scalers are different from everyone else.  To them, it is never quite good enough.  Not uncommon to spend years fussing over small details, and doing them over and over, if required.

If you have enough documentation, and if your model follows an exact prototype, you should do well in C/L scale competition.

In my past, I competed in R/C scale.  But no more.  The model building standards have increased such that I could no longer do very well.

Floyd

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 04:58:50 PM »
Let's face it, Charles.  You are a scale model builder.  Scalers are different from everyone else.  To them, it is never quite good enough.  Not uncommon to spend years fussing over small details, and doing them over and over, if required.

If you have enough documentation, and if your model follows an exact prototype, you should do well in C/L scale competition.

In my past, I competed in R/C scale.  But no more.  The model building standards have increased such that I could no longer do very well.
Floyd

Floyd,

Thanks for the reply.

Don't do well? Hummmm.  Could that be because YOU are the only one that built your model?

Could you Post potos of whatever you have? I'm interested.

The Gee Bee Z could be a posibility, but to go scale is a great deal of work. Don't know if I'm up to it. I'd send it to someone in a box for finishing and detail then say I did it.  LL~

This Mig-3 thing was for fun, I'll never do this agan, especially to a model that isn't anything. Cute, but it isn't anything.

What could this model and the nameless compete in?

I might consider a local.

Charles

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 06:42:39 AM »
Hi Charles,

If you changed the rudder/fin outline to match the Mig 3, you could enter it in Fun Scale for sure.  At least the profile view would be close.

For the "nameless", you would have to enter it in whatever PAMPA/AMA skill class you enter for stunt.

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 08:33:48 AM »
Hi Charles,

If you changed the rudder/fin outline to match the Mig 3, you could enter it in Fun Scale for sure.  At least the profile view would be close.

For the "nameless", you would have to enter it in whatever PAMPA/AMA skill class you enter for stunt.

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM

Bill,

What a surprise!  #^

Thanks for the reply.

I know you have mentioned the rudder before, but I have 35.5 hours in that rudder and I'm not about to change it.

Well, a couple of hours.

The rudder is all part of the design. Remember, when I re-modeled the looser, I built a new wing and changed the look of the rudder to match the look of the wing.

Some model designers do that and some don't.

Fun scale? Does that class include throttle control?

Probably get away with it like it is for fun scale?

Thanks for the reply.

Charles

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 01:03:42 PM »
OK then.  This is an example of my R/C scale building.  The model is a "Packard LePere" of 1918.  The only WWI plane built in the US.  The war ended before they could be sent to the front.

This is a big model with a Super Tigre 74.

Floyd

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 02:08:11 PM »
Floyd,

Featured on the cover, 1974.

Not to shabby. I'm impressed. Really impressed.

I see talent when it meant something. Outstanding.

Come clean, what else can you Post.

Charles

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 09:22:28 AM »
Isn't one enough?

F.C.

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 10:11:30 AM »
No Floyd it isn't!  Love your cover plane, if you have more it would be great to see them.  Not near enough scale stuff happening! H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 10:35:38 AM »
No Floyd it isn't!  Love your cover plane, if you have more it would be great to see them.  Not near enough scale stuff happening! H^^

Glenn,

Absolutely.

Floyd, please Post. Past or or present.

Let's see what you have.

Put um up!!

Charles

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 01:15:16 PM »
You're gonna get tired of this.

OK, so the R/C Aeronca 7AC model shown at a static display contest.  Powered by Super Tigre 71.  Exact scale and markings of my 1947 Aeronca that I restored and flew for 150 hrs. (before trading in for a Cessna 140--bad move).
Picture from "Radio Control News", May 1970.

I am shown taking off with my Packard Lepere "LUSAC" R/C model at contest. This picture from our Lockheed weekly newspaper.

My R/C Fokker Eindecker shown flying at a contest.  Picture published in "RC Sportsman", also containing my plans and construction article.

Floyd

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 03:11:05 PM »
You're gonna get tired of this.

OK, so the R/C Aeronca 7AC model shown at a static display contest.  Powered by Super Tigre 71.  Exact scale and markings of my 1947 Aeronca that I restored and flew for 150 hrs. (before trading in for a Cessna 140--bad move).
Picture from "Radio Control News", May 1970.

I am shown taking off with my Packard Lepere "LUSAC" R/C model at contest. This picture from our Lockheed weekly newspaper.

My R/C Fokker Eindecker shown flying at a contest.  Picture published in "RC Sportsman", also containing my plans and construction article.

Floyd

Floyd,

I'm not going to get tired of any of this.

OK, so you had the actual aircraft, a 1947 Arenoca. You're a pilot, good for you, so am I. Except I'm washed out.

Yes, should have kept the Arenoca. What actually prompted the trade? When was this?

Your choice of aircraft to model are interesting choices. Has to be a story behind each choice.

Feel like telling stories?

Are you still flying GA? What other aircraft have you owned or have time in?

Quite a thing to have a construction article.  H^^

I'll pay more attention to what you say from now on.  LL~

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 04:51:18 PM »
This is my Aeronca "Champ" at San Jose (CA).  I bought it as a "basket case" for $750. Spent 6 months rebuilding the engine, fabricating metal work and recovering. I built the R/C model exact scale, and using the same paint.   My next plane, a Cessna 140, was still a two-place, 20 MPH faster, but not as much fun.

This is my Focke-Wulf 44J.  Built 1938 in Sweden.  It served in the SAF.  I also restored it as a 7 year project.  I have flown it in air shows, and I taught myself aerobatics in it.  The picture shows me taking a lady for a ride.  Watsonville, CA.

Floyd

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 05:37:20 PM »
Floyd, that is one nice looking AirKnocker!  One of those afforded me the most embarrassing moment of my flying career!  I had several hundred hours under my belt, was instructing part time, and had the chance to "take her around the patch" at a local grass strip with a 50 foot barn on the approach end that particular day.
Plopped her down pretty close to the barn coming in, relaxed way too soon and GROUND LOOPED THE SUCKER!  Didn't hurt anything but my ego, but I sure learned a lesson about paying attention until the last tie down was fastened.
I love that airplane, it's one of the sweetest relaxing ships one can have, wish I had one now.  (Never liked the 140, by the way.)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 11:01:12 PM »
Floyd,

My gosh, this just keeps getting better!

Your past shows some great years and adventures. If these young guys only knew.

I never noticed before, but you're a young 80. Remarkable!  H^^

You gave us an intro, so when are you going to get to the real good stuff?

I'll bet you have Ercoupe time. I almost bought one once, but opted for a 1/5 share in a 152. Shudda bought the Ercoupe.

I know there's more. You only covered a few years.

Charles

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 10:52:35 AM »
This, of course, is just my personal opinion speaking, but no, you didn't want the Ercoupe.  The 152 could offer a lot more fun, at least for my tastes.

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 06:26:55 PM »
While serving as a judge in the Antique Division at the Watsonville (CA) Antique Airplane Fly-In, I got to know a lot of pilots who owned real antique planes.  Over the years, I got to fly in a whole lot of antiques, either as pilot or passenger.  And I gave a lot of rides in my plane.

The most thrilling flight as pilot was a Ryan ST-A.  Most thrilling ride as passenger was a Curtiss "Jenny".  Many more, too numerous to mention.

I've gone and hijacked Charles' thread.  No more about me.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 07:42:04 PM »
While serving as a judge in the Antique Division at the Watsonville (CA) Antique Airplane Fly-In, I got to know a lot of pilots who owned real antique planes.  Over the years, I got to fly in a whole lot of antiques, either as pilot or passenger.  And I gave a lot of rides in my plane.

The most thrilling flight as pilot was a Ryan ST-A.  Most thrilling ride as passenger was a Curtiss "Jenny".  Many more, too numerous to mention.

I've gone and hijacked Charles' thread.  No more about me.

Floyd,

Maybe you never noticed, but I don't care about hijacking.

Ya gotta know stuff, not to mention having the background to judge antique aircraft!  H^^

I've been involved in GA since I was 17 years old and have the log book to prove it! Soloed in a all aluminum Luscomb. My instructor was a woman, Mary Lippitt. (sp.)

Back then you could fly a bunch of "other polot's" airplanes because the insurance requirements were nothing like they are today.

Sounds to me that you are a humble, long time, veteran aviator. You can still be humble and share with us your stories and adventures.

I know there are plenty for you to mention, even briefly. Right here now, in this Thread! OK.

The Ryan ST-A. Never had time in one but one of my favorite aircraft.

I scratch built this Ryan in the early 70's. Can't find the plans and I'm sure it's a bit heavy. Possibly for semi-scale?

This photo is my choice for a scheme.

Floyd, I still owe you graphics. Please call it in. I don't remember what it was you wanted, but it's always on my mind. call it in, Free!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here