News:

• April 28, 2024, 11:52:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Making Adjustable lead outs  (Read 603 times)

Offline Gary Anderson

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Making Adjustable lead outs
« on: January 26, 2009, 06:04:59 PM »
Hi guys,
I was just curious, when you make your adjustable lead out bracket, how do you attach the 1/8" tubing to the adjustable part of your lead out bracket. Do you solder washers or do you epoxy the tubes to the slide bracket? I've been playing around and threaded my 1/8" tubing. Then I used blind nuts, threaded the tubes through the blind nuts, installed a back up nut and then I epoxied the whole mess. I used a 6/32 die to thread the tubing. Maybe everyone does their adjustable lead out bracket this way. I used to do the soldering of washers and then used the epoxy. Threading the tube seemed to work a lot better and a simple way to do them. I'm always doing things the hard way and I keep trying different ways of doing simple things and make them a harder task but I'm just having fun. My son had bought me a kit for Christmas and the kit has a adjustable lead out bracket but the tubes in the slide bracket don't extend through the fixed bracket. I was afraid if the slide bracket became loose the cable might hang up? Just me but if you're making your own stuff, give it a try, you might like it, Gary
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 04:34:16 PM by Gary Anderson »
Gary Anderson

Offline Dick Fowler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Re: Making Adjustable lead outs
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 06:35:02 PM »
I use  eyelets and drill a hole in the plywood, apply some epoxy to the flare area and push them in until they bottom out on the flare. SIG and Dubro make them.

Dick Fowler AMA 144077
Kent, OH
Akron Circle Burners Inc. (Note!)
North Coast Control Liners Size 12 shoe  XXL Supporter

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here