News:

• May 04, 2024, 04:04:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fueselage  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Ironbomb

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Fueselage
« on: May 21, 2006, 08:44:40 AM »
What should the be the best way to procede building the fues? I have the doublers installed as instructed. Lines layed out on the board.  I still have to make the cowl mounts, that will be done shortly. I dont want to recut parts. I'll post pics when I have something to post.

Greg
Beating the crap out of the ground, one airplane at a time

Greg Bossio
AMA 834382

Offline captcurt

• Commander
Re: Fueselage
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 03:36:47 PM »
Hi Gregg--I see no one has hit this yet so I'll share how I do my SV 's and others.

Finish the crutch assembly with both bulkheads F1 and F2. 

I lay out a centerline on the building flat area and transfer the locations of each bulkhead and put in a square line at each location.

Then I dry assemble the whole mess using square blocks and weights to keep the fuse sides square and clamped into the bulkheads with each bulkhead center mark aligned with the main centerline on the table.  When it is all there, and stable on the table with the crutch assembly also, I CA in the AFT bulkheads first.  Dont do the crutch with CA tho.   When the bulkheads are in, I sand the tail connection so the post will fit and CA that also.

Finally, I then remove the blocks holding the forward fuse sides against the crutch so it springs open.  With waxed paper under everything, use epoxy to glue in the crutch and bulkheads.  Leave this all aligned and sitting square on the table reference lines until cured. 

This is all done with the fuse upside down so the reference line stays straight.

Take care that there is a square line placed at the location of th front of the fuse sides so you can get them lined up and end up with a square nose for nose ring mounting.

OR

You can do basically the same thing using a fuse jig.

FWIW

Curt

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
Re: Fuselage
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 04:19:59 PM »
Very good Curt!

AMA 12366

Offline Ironbomb

• AMA Member
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Re: Fueselage
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 12:46:18 PM »
Thanks Curt, I have the first step done, the crutch. I am happy with it. I will move with the rest of the fues and have pics ready this weekend. I should have made a better fues jig/build board while we were on the down time, not when the build started. rats

and happy late birthday Curt  %^

Sparky, the speed of your building, ouch, you hurt my eyes.....

Greg
Beating the crap out of the ground, one airplane at a time

Greg Bossio
AMA 834382

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here