News:

• May 01, 2024, 09:52:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: F94C  (Read 626 times)

Mike Griffin

• Trade Count: (0)
F94C
« on: June 01, 2008, 11:49:22 AM »
Well the little Jet from Larry Richards is a sweet flying little plane. The kit was an absolute delight to put together and I thought if this plane flys as well as it was thought out and kitted, then we have something here. Finally the weather broke and I finished my honey do jobs and this Saturday it was time for its maiden flight. We had a wind of about 8-10mph with some stronger gusts but nothing that would keep me from getting this bird in the air. The plane came in at 27 ounces with a Brodak .25 in the nose. The plane balanced perfectly due to the careful thought and planning and selection of proper weight balsa in the proper places. I did not have to add any tail weight, nose weight or tip weight. I flew it on .012 x 52ft lines and line tension was great. I actully think it would do fine on .015 x 59ft lines and I will probably try them next flight. The plane did not hunt and stayed perfectly level at 5' off the ground. The plane handled all the aerobatics I put it through with no problem. The wing on the F94C is double tapered and not very thick so the plane does not glide like a Nobler or any ship with a larger thicker wing. When the engine stops and she starts coming down, get ready to land it. I tried whipping it like I do my other larger planes but it just didnt want to do it. When it wants to land, it will land.

I love this little plane and would say for a beginner it is very easy to build and you get a plane that will do just about anything you want it to. Congratulations Larry. Great Plane

Michael Griffin

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here