News:

• May 08, 2024, 10:32:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Elevator travel - Oriental  (Read 818 times)

Offline Glen Wearden

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Elevator travel - Oriental
« on: July 25, 2006, 02:04:48 PM »
I'm building a full-house Brodak Oriental, the first built-up fuselage control line plane that I've tried in 30 years.  A lot of retraining is going on in my shop!  For the elevator pushrod, I was going to use arrowshaft, but that required a lot of whittling on the formers, so I decided to go with gold'n rod like I use on my RC planes.  Everything works great, but on the elevator, I'm getting about 24 degrees of up, and about 18 degrees of down, using the holes in the horns as per the plans.  Is that enough travel for an Oriental, or should I go one hole closer to the elevator?  Would welcome some expert opinions..  Thanx!!  Glen

BTW, the pushrod system is well braced and has almost no flex, at least not enough to be discernable. 
Glen Wearden

Offline Jim Oliver

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Elevator travel - Oriental
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 08:08:24 PM »
Years ago, I found lots of trim change with temp changes when using the plastic/nylon tube pushrods for R/C planes.  May not be an issue with C/L.

Jim
Jim Oliver
AMA 18475

Offline Glen Wearden

• Commander
Re: Elevator travel - Oriental
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 09:52:41 PM »
Thanks, Jim.  The new pushrod systems seem to be less sensitive to weather than they used to be.  We'll see how it works out on CL.  I found part of my problem, as when I put my flap zeroing template over the wing, I had about 3 degrees of up elevator.  Fixed that, and I think I"ve got an even amount of throw up and down.  I've really re-learned a lot building this kit.  Glen
Glen Wearden

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here