News:

• May 10, 2024, 02:46:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Clockwise flight and a Forster .35R - a foolish notion?  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Terry Caron

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Clockwise flight and a Forster .35R - a foolish notion?
« on: October 17, 2015, 07:13:39 PM »
In a thread about regaining my sense of balance by simply flying in circles, a respondent remarked of having to reacclimate when learning to fly  inverted.
I'm not ready to attempt that yet but, encouraged by success with my (admittedly simple) RingStreakster repair documented in another thread,
I'm thinking of building my other Flite Streak mongrel, the Dixie Whistler, (oh, BTW, I'm having a bit of trouble learning inside loops  HB~>) for CW flight.
If I must go through the dizzy period again, seems *maybe* reasonable not do it with an upside down plane in hand - for me right-side-up level flight is none too level yet!
Also, I have a sweet running Forster .35R I've been hankering to get in the air and this would obviate the profile up-or-down exhaust issue.

Silly or no?

Terry
NACA member, Huntsville, AL
AMA 249824
NRA Life Member

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Clockwise flight and a Forster .35R - a foolish notion?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 07:21:55 PM »
I suspect silly, unless you want to be able to grab any plane and fly it.

When you start learning inverted you'll poop out from the strain of remembering not to crash before you get dizzy.  By the time you can do enough laps to get dizzy, you'll be flying inverted fairly well.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here