News:

• May 14, 2024, 03:36:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Canopy install! Not your everyday method.  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Canopy install! Not your everyday method.
« on: July 09, 2014, 08:46:22 AM »
Thought about placing this in the Scale area but there's only like three scale guys. I'm Kidding!

Just looks like it takes a long time, it actually doesn't. Took only one hour to drill all these holes and mount the canopy. Doesn't include painting the frame from the inside.

Toothpicks, obviously get cut off, the stubs looks like rivets. Or sand them flush. Whatever floats your boat.

Bit of sanding plus paint detail follows and this will clean the frame up.

Not meant to be to fussy on this Warbird model.

Pictures worth a thousand words.  n~

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
Re: Canopy install! Not your everyday method.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 10:18:00 AM »
Charles.  That's a dandy idea.  I will try that next time I need to fit a canopy.  I forsee a potential problem; after drilling holes, the canopy has to be removed and cockpit must be cleaned of balsa chips and plastic chips.

Floyd
90 years, but still going (mostly)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 10:28:59 AM »
Charles.  That's a dandy idea.  I will try that next time I need to fit a canopy.  I forsee a potential problem; after drilling holes, the canopy has to be removed and cockpit must be cleaned of balsa chips and plastic chips.

Floyd

Floyd,

The violin is a great sounding instrument, especially for Blue Grass. I should have an avatar of me and my banjo.

HEY! FLOYD! YOU DRILL THE BLOODY HOLES BEFORE YOU MOUNT THE CANOPY!!  LL~ LL~ LL~

What is wrong with you?  LL~ LL~ LL~

I hope you can take a poke or two. All in good fun.

I know I sure can.  n~

Drill all the holes in the canopy.

I have 1/32 balsa on three sides in the front, on the inside.

Tack the canopy in place with CA. In my case, at the three pieces.

Afterwards, #11 blade pokes a hole in the balsa through the hole. Dip the toothpick in CA and insert into the canopy hole.

Repeat process. Stop when you feel the heart attack and come back later.

Simple as pie.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 12:17:20 PM »
Touch up paint brushed around the perimeter. Done!!

Now I have a magnet to install in the tank lid and another in the tank compartment.

And a long list of other stuff!!  ;D

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 01:09:21 PM »
No, Charles.  I spent about 35 years in various symphony orchestras, in addition to a similar span playing chamber music (string quartets, etc.).  Can't manage "bluegrass".

Retired because I kept getting hand cramps from playing too long at a time.

Floyd
90 years, but still going (mostly)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 03:15:36 PM »
No, Charles.  I spent about 35 years in various symphony orchestras, in addition to a similar span playing chamber music (string quartets, etc.).  Can't manage "bluegrass".

Retired because I kept getting hand cramps from playing too long at a time.

Floyd

Floyd,

Yes, I can enjoy Classical music from time to time. Did you see the movie "The Lone Ranger?" I'm kidding again, but I can enjoy the Boston Pops, as my wife and I have done so many times. Gotta go with the right people though.

I was actually a Jazz drummer. Couldn't get away from the "skins" so I took up the banjo.

I have a friend I played tennis with constantly, actually taught him a topspin backhand. He plays the Mandolin extreamly well and gives lessons. He started a Mandolin orchestra.

The guy plays so well he can make anyone cry, yes, he's that good. Well, maybe not a lot of CL guys, but most.  LL~

I like Beyonce also. She's got 350 million. That'll buy a bunch of bellcranks.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 02:03:37 PM by Avaiojet »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here