News:

• May 06, 2024, 02:49:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: butterfly paint scheme  (Read 765 times)

Offline Ed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
butterfly paint scheme
« on: March 15, 2007, 07:39:27 AM »
I have also posted this in the open forum, and thought it appropriate to post here

Need some help here fellows; My daughter is building a Sig Buster (Profile) with me. She really wants the paint scheme to resemble a Butterfly. Has anyone seen or done a scheme like this? Or can any of you make wing decals resembling butterfly wings. Any pic’s out there? It would be nice to have that, daddy my hero thing.

Thanks Ed Vega.

Offline Greg L Bahrman

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Re: butterfly paint scheme
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 10:36:57 AM »
OK Ed here's my take on it. I would spray a bunch of different colors on the wings in approx. 3 or 4 inch diameters. Now get some frisket paper and cut out some butterflies that are just smaller than the colored diameters. When paint is dry place the cutout butterflies (frisket paper, sticky back) over the different colors. Now paint the whole plane the color of her choice. When dry remove the cutout butterflies and there you have it. A plane with multi colored butterflies all over the wings etc. I think what she wants is one big butterfly which might be a little harder to do.
Greg Bahrman, AMA 312522
Simi Valley, Ca.

Offline Michael Boucher

• Captain
Re: butterfly paint scheme
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 10:18:17 AM »
I'm picturing a Monarch Butterfly in my mind.  Paint the edge of the wing black, rest of the wing orange and look at a picture of a Monarch to see how to draw black line on the orange area.  The other suggestion would have an actually butterfly shape.  Good Luck!   :!
AMA 59633

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here