News:

• May 05, 2024, 08:46:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: arrowshafts  (Read 1455 times)

Offline sadams714441

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
arrowshafts
« on: March 25, 2007, 06:14:56 PM »
I have a Vector 40 Brodak kit, getting ready to mount the arrowshaft push rod to the elevator, how do you mount the adjustable rods in the end of arrowshaft?  Also using ballinks on ends. 
Steve Adams

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
Re: arrowshafts
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 07:03:42 PM »
If you are using ball links then you are using threaded inserts for the push rods. The inserts are JB Welded in the push rod. The inserts are not adjustable, you adjust by screwing the ball link on the insert.
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 07:08:32 PM »
Is this the type you are refering to ?
Leester
ama 830538

Offline Bill Sawyer

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 08:51:14 PM »
And don't forget to wrap the ends of the carbon with something to prevent splitting. I use dental floss with a good drop of epoxy spread around.
Bill Sawyer
AMA 53987
Windancer Models

Offline sadams714441

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 06:39:29 PM »
The pointed ends that are placed in the end should be JB welded Also ??? Then wrap with floss or something
Steve Adams

Offline Jim Snelson

• Lieutenant
    • Control Line Central
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 07:31:06 PM »
Attached you will find the instructions for the Tom Morris Control System I sell. They should work for on your application. Lets see if I can get the attachment to work. It is a pdf. file.

Jim Snelson
www.clcentral.com

Offline sadams714441

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 07:36:24 PM »
Thanks Jim got it......
Steve Adams

Offline t michael jennings

• AMA 83322
  • 2016 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 08:02:28 PM »
If one puts right hand threads in one of the arrowshaft and left hand threads in the opposite end, then by turning the arrowshaft one can move the ends closer or further apart.  This allows adjusting the centers with out disassembling the joint.

New Ball Joints are normally not threaded.  The first time the Ball Joint is screwed on to the threaded part is the making of the threads in the Ball Joint.

Dubro makes a Turnbuckle (#2156; $3.50 for two 4-40) for adjusting the Tie Rods of a RC Car.  The Turnbuckle has right hand threads on one end and left hand threads on the other end.  Cut the Turnbuckle in half and use the ends in the arrowshafts using the appropriate arrowshaft insert.  Epoxy the insert, half turnbuckle, into the arrowshaft.  Then wrap the ends of the arrowshaft.

t michael jennings
 ~^

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 09:33:15 PM »
Tom Morris, and Jim Snelson at CLC, has left hand threaded inserts with a hex shoulder machined on it to use for adjusting length.  I use them at the rear to connect to the elevator horn, and then use a small hatch to be able to access it.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 04:38:40 AM »
My current plane will have a ball link at the bellcrank, Dave Brown pushrod, and Dubro soldered clevis at the control horn.  This will avoid the indeterminate situation of having RH threads on both ends.   

The ball link has more range of adjustment than the threaded clevis.  The combination of metal rod and plastic ball link makes a good friction lock.

Also, the threaded metal clevis, together with the threaded metal rod  has a history of failure.  My system avoids this.
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here