News:

• April 28, 2024, 07:41:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wynnie and Shultz have lost their memories...and maybe their minds  (Read 2732 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Just received an E mail about an old cartoon of Al Rabe's beautiful old 1969 Dark Navy BearCat...that I thought might have been published either in the Old SNAIL MAIL STUNT NEWS..OR AN EARLY AAM OR FLYING MODELS MAGAZINE?

BOTH AL RABE AND BOB HUNT have virtual PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORIES....DUE TO MY PAIN MEDS FOR MY LAST TWO SURGERIES...(AND TOO MANY BUDLIGHTS OR RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BEERS..) neither Wynn or old Shultz memory is pretty much toast..Maybe these two old photos might help jog our memories..
Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
Re: Wynnie and Shultz have lost their memories...and maybe their minds
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 06:58:36 PM »
See what I mean..THESE PAIN MEDS HAVE REALLY BOGGLED MY MIND AN BRITCHES~ H^^.The attached cartoon from Wynn was toooooo large a file...let me try the old cartoon we were talking about?  n~
AL RABE, OR BOB HUNT...IF YOU TOO GUYS ARE LURKING PLEASE CLEAR MY MUDDLED mine.
AT LEAST I GET MY STITCHES TAKEN OUT OF MY HAND TOMORROW AT 11:OO AM...(however I still feel like I have stiches left in my back too? GITTIN OLD SUCKS N NOT FOR WUZZZZIES...OR COWARDEEEEZZZ LIKE ME.
Don Shultz

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 05:55:55 PM »
Hi Don,

I thought you might like to see this.  It is something I did sometime in the '70's to commemorate Rabe's still unfinished Hornet.

The sketch was taken from an Aeroplane magazine from the late 40's.  The work was by an illustrator whose name I think was Wren, and he had a number of these type caricatures published in that magazine in that era.  The words are not entirely original, but are somewhat tailored to Rabe's machine and was done after the time when someone planted some large Legg's containers (that looked like large goose eggs) under one of Al's Sea Fury's at a Nats or a Team Trials.

Keith

Offline Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 11:07:09 AM »
Oh man, I remember that Bearcat so well---must have been about 1970 or 71 at the KOI.
My first real exposure to, well, just about everything!
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 12:00:18 PM »
Les,
We first met at the St Louis Team Trials in that era. Couldn't have been over 40 years.... I will be only 36 in August.... I was 37 last year .... 38 the year before.

Al has lost weight, so he is younger now too.

Shultzie,
Hope that hand gets better soon. We need our chief cartoonest/ artist.
AMA 7544

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 11:00:18 PM »

Shultzie,
Hope that hand gets better soon. We need our chief cartoonest/ artist.

Unfortunately the nerves in my drawing fingers have been further damaged by a botched carpal tunnel surgery by a local Tacoma MultiScare' hackster! *(  It sucks to have virtually no feelings in my finger tips! Hopefully time will help me deal with this.
Very de pressing to say the least!
However I can still type with two fingers n wipe my a-----------------------------------------------------------*(

Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here