News:

• April 26, 2024, 11:15:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wonder if anyone can ID this most stylishly dressed flyer at the 68 nats?  (Read 2268 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Nothing like a great set of flying cloths...for the well dressed NATIONALS stunt competitions.
Anyone know this well dressed  Olatha 68 nats flyer..
What a  compliment and OR contrast to the spiffy NAVY dress codes that we were used to seeing at those NAVY sponsored nationals that ended in 1973? This gent really stood out in the sea of white suits. LL~

I recognize my travelin' friend Tim Dunlop in his trademark  white nurse outfit in the background...and I think that his young son that is just over the gents left shoulder.
(or it might be that young McMillen kiddie? LL~ H^^

The second shot is of Norm Whittle....who is trying to "STYLE N PROFILE HIS CHARMS toward the lovely young who I think is perhaps Dawn Cosmilleo'.......who, by the way, seems to be walking and lookin straight ahead...and thinking to herself that she has already outscored him on their first round eliminations?  n1
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 11:25:02 AM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline WhittleN

• Commander
Don
That young lady trying to ignore me is Debbie Greenshields.  She was/is one very good C/L flier.  I think she won several events at the '68 NATS - I didn't.

Norm

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
Don
That young lady trying to ignore me is Debbie Greenshields.  She was/is one very good C/L flier.  I think she won several events at the '68 NATS - I didn't.

Norm

NORM!
GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU...GOOD BUD!! Over the years...when showing these slides at various club meetings...THIS SHOT ALWAYS GETS LOTS OF SMILES AND PRESS! That SMILE OF YOURS TELLS IT ALL!
We so much enjoyed your humor and friendships over the years...
THANKS FOR SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT ABOUT DEBBIE GREENSHIELDS and by the way....NORM? HOW BOUT' SHARING SOME OF YOUR STORIES OF THOSE GOOD OL' DAZE DAYS?  LL~ LL~
Don Shultz

Online Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral

That young lady trying to ignore me is Debbie Greenshields.  She was/is one very good C/L flier.  I think she won several events at the '68 NATS - I didn't.

Norm

Norm, Are you still out at Hill?  I ran into a 2nd Lieut. in Ga who is stationed at Hill supporting the F-22. I asked him if he knew "CHIEF WHITTLE".
His face turned red, as he admitted that he didn't. (Don't know why that happened)  He left saying he was going to find out as soon as he returned!  He indicated that there weren't many "Chiefs" there, and if I knew him, then he should!!  His last name was long and unpronounceable.

Offline WhittleN

• Commander
Paul
I don’t think 2LT are allowed to talk to Chiefs' this maybe his embarrassment.
 - We do have about 25 Chiefs on base and our workforce is about 26,000 people.   I am now working as the F-35 Program Manager to bring the Commodities Maintenance Repair Operation onto Hill AFB.  So I'm out of the F-22 workload loop.

Regards
Norm

Offline Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
Debbie Greenshields. Is that a great name for an old "Leave It To Beaver" episode or what ?
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Keep it clean. LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ mw~
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
Keep it clean. LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ mw~
Careful Doc! "YER MIND IS STICKIN OUT!" VD~ H^^ LL~ LL~
Don Shultz

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Never claimed to be an Angel or to be perfect.   >:D :o #^ H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
Look who's talkin' Les!!!...." Ty,...Doc... n'  ol' exiled  Donnie Boy  ~^ ~^ n~ <=
Don Shultz

Offline WhittleN

• Commander
Les

It just hit me that you are thinking   "Debbie Greenshields. Is that a great name for an old "Leave It to Beaver" episode or what?”
You spent too much time watching Captain Kangaroo and the character "Mr. Greenjeans"

Norm

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
Les

It just hit me that you are thinking   "Debbie Greenshields. Is that a great name for an old "Leave It to Beaver" episode or what?”
You spent too much time watching Captain Kangaroo and the character "Mr. Greenjeans"

Norm

:!OR MAYBE  DANCIN' WITH DA STARS...OR AMERICAN IDOL?  LL~ LL~ n~
Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here