News:

• May 14, 2024, 06:43:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Two New Old stunt Grunts  (Read 4422 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Two New Old stunt Grunts
« on: February 12, 2007, 09:50:32 AM »
On the left is Art Zehner,a retired cop and on the right is Richard Entwhistle a retired Mechanic that had a business in Alaska. Both of these guys are becoming good flyers and are just plain fun to be around.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 11:25:36 AM by Leo Mehl »

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
Re: Two New Old stunt Grunts
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 09:58:57 AM »
Art Zehner

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 10:08:42 AM »
Art Zehner

"HELLLLLLLOOOO! HEY LEOOOOOOOO!....CAN YA' HEEEEAR ME NOW?"  CAN YA COME OUT AND PLAY?....
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 10:50:38 AM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 10:49:19 AM »
Thanks Leo...
For introducing our newly addicted flyers from the Portland area? Have a great day....Leo. Your photos are soooooooooo welcome. Keep those stories and photos coming, stunt-gruntsters? :)
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 11:39:40 AM »
Delta Park in the fall. I have spent the best days of my life here. I flew here when the trees were very small. It now has a ball field thanks to a politician. Sometimes conflicks but usually pretty peaceful. Once in a while a ball will land on the field. the pavement was a welcome event. Good stuff has happened here.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 05:58:48 PM »
Beginner Stunt Grunt Richard Entwhistle. Here he is folks taking a rest. This is the other half of the Entwhistle Zehner stunt team.. We like these guys a lot.

Offline Art Zehner

• Art Zehner
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 12:44:10 PM »
  Hey Shultzie and Leo,
  You guys sure make it a lot of fun to read this forum.  Seems like just a couple of weeks ago I was teaching Leo how to turn on a computer.  Now he is every where.
  Just a note on Richard Entwhistles sun glasses.  There are 5 coats of rustolem black paint on the lenses.  He hasn't discovered that he can't see threw them yet and he still does some great flying.
  Artze
AMA 814545

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 12:56:32 PM »
  Hey Shultzie and Leo,
  You guys sure make it a lot of fun to read this forum.  Seems like just a couple of weeks ago I was teaching Leo how to turn on a computer.  Now he is every where.
  Just a note on Richard Entwhistles sun glasses.  There are 5 coats of rustolem black paint on the lenses.  He hasn't discovered that he can't see threw them yet and he still does some great flying.
  Artze
GREETING ART!
I love your humor about "teaching Leo how to turn on a puter'..."5 coats of Rustolem on those lensed of Rich's ;D
Keep us posted on whazzzzup in the Portland Vancouver area.
Don
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 05:56:28 PM »
Art just got back from Mexico where he has been hidding from us most of the bad weather. Not only did he bring his wife back but also the mexican flu, so he has not been at the field and we did some flying today. I guess it's that Mexican beer that he likes so well that gave him the flu. Anyway if he stays put we may all be flying togather. This is called the Art Richard leo stunt team. If you show up we will add your name to it. Maybe will even if you don't show up.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 06:54:56 PM »
Art just got back from Mexico where he has been hidding from us most of the bad weather. Not only did he bring his wife back but also the mexican flu, so he has not been at the field and we did some flying today. I guess it's that Mexican beer that he likes so well that gave him the flu. Anyway if he stays put we may all be flying togather. This is called the Art Richard leo stunt team. If you show up we will add your name to it. Maybe will even if you don't show up.

He should have stayed with the Maaaargreeeta's with that GIGGA'OF SALT!  DK^
Don Shultz

Offline Art Zehner

• Art Zehner
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 07:35:11 PM »
  Shultzie,
  Wouldn't you know it, the lady behind me on the plane was sick.  Planes are faster than walking but I think walking is a whole lot healthier.  Anyway all better tonight and picking Leo up tomorrow and heading for the park.
  I don't do margaretas as I heard the ice is bad.  Only cervases.
  Did you know Leo has a horse drawn computer?  Yup, he couldn't figure out how to plug in an electric one!
  Artzie
AMA 814545

Offline Art Zehner

• Art Zehner
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 07:57:39 PM »
  That last Post about Leo's computer wasn't very nice!  Actually Leo has taught me every thing I know about computers.
AMA 814545

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 08:36:36 PM »
Leo and Art....
CUT A FEW HOLES IN THE SKY FOR ME N' DA "G"MAN TOMORROW....
at the Delta in the Dawn.  H^^
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 04:16:20 PM »
I got more pictures of these new stunt grunts i will put in this column but I have to be carful that showing these guys in a public forum may not be good for my PC. They will be coming shortly. Stay tuned

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 04:40:50 PM »
Leo,
I gotta agree with you about the Artman and Richard, couple great guys to fly with, they really understand the joy of this hobby and have enhanced my enjoyment as well. Richard and Art both were there for support and help when I suffered the great begginer blues in Salem last fall. the ONLY problem is that Art for some reason thinks he is gonna beat me in Intermediate this year,, sigh, well I guess its the power of positive thinking right Art??? I s Richard moving up too? with you two flyin there I may just have to skip Inter and go right to Advanced so I have a chance,,,, Portland is right around the corner and I have almost two new weapons ready so I should be able to keep one alive for the contest. you three make a good group. to bad I am so faaaarrrrrr away, doesnt anybody stay in  one place,,,, hm to much karaoke, keep having lyrics pop into my head,, or maybe its the goofy from you three rubbin off,,,,,,
seriously, looking forward to flying with you this year, we need to do Joes place again!!!!
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 05:59:24 PM »
Mark, we three went flying today. Temp about 74, Wind, 3 MPH I have pictures of these old guys I fly with plus some more compatition for you. I know you are going to have fun as Am I.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 06:12:59 PM »
OK, this is the new kid on the stunt block. This is Doug Woods from Idaho falls who just retired. And has been flying at our field the last couple of weekends and we have been coaching him somewhat so better be on your toes. Anyway here is Art and Doug ploting bad things a Delta. Doug spent most of last week up in Gig Harbour where he has his sailboat.

Offline Art Zehner

• Art Zehner
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 09:16:10 PM »
  Hey Mark,
  I think the judges will see those pretty planes you build and I won't have a chance.
  We had a great day today at Delta Park.  Flying with Doug Wood, Richard Entwhistle, and Leo Mehl in the sunshine on a perfect day in March.  Who could ask for anthing more.  Well it would be fun if all the rest of you would be out there also.
  Come on back Paul Taylor, we miss you!
AMA 814545

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 10:32:54 PM »
70 degrees,, man thats but a fantasy, I saw mid 50 today for the first time in,, hmmmm (am I getting that old, I cant remember,,,must be horrible to be as old as you all  hehe) ??? I was inside working on the 109, got the wing joined and making some headway,, just remember Art, pretty dont make it fly better,, my only saving grace is that you were gone not flying for two months,, supposed to be 60 tomorrow, a veritable heatwave,, I am supposed to work but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I feel the flu coming on maybe,,,,, ummm ,,,, ;D
thanks for the comments bout my planes really!   Did you see the picts of my Qship? Joe calls it a purple chartruese martian butterfly or something like that,, anyhow, great to see somebody flying, heck even Pat J says hes going flying tomorrow in Boise,, Its not fair i tell ya its just not fair!!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2007, 10:52:42 AM »
Mark, you just got to be nice to us old guys. what goes aroun comes around an over the years this theary has proved itself. You should be getting good weather by now We sent it to you last week.hehe. Hey Don how about sendig me that picture of Ben and the judges to me on line. I tried to pick it up off the post but no luck.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2007, 11:22:38 AM »
Mark, you just got to be nice to us old guys. what goes aroun comes around an over the years this theary has proved itself. You should be getting good weather by now We sent it to you last week.hehe. Hey Don how about sendig me that picture of Ben and the judges to me on line. I tried to pick it up off the post but no luck.
Leo..
I sent about 3 other scans....hopefully one may fly???
Don Shultz

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2007, 12:57:10 PM »
Leo buddy,
I am nice to you "old guys," especially since you can fly circles around me,, (pun intended there i guess) I have yet failed to have a great time when around you guys, Its cool to be in a hobby where at 47 I am the youngest one there, nice to feel like a kid again,,,,, ;D
when next I see you we gotta talk  Photography, its been a long time passion of mine. I just picked up a new digital cam,, Canon 20D man is this thing sweet! I cant wait to try to get some in flight shots with it, my old Fuji digital was just not suitable for moving objects, this new Canon rocks, instant shutter response just like my film cams! I have two Minolta XGM bodies and associated lenses and paraphanalia,, my work horses, but its really hard to justify processing film when I can get such nice shots with the digital now!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 12:56:45 PM »
Man, Mark with a camera. Scary thought.  #^

Hope to make it to Portland next month and see all you guys. Should be fun. Even Patrick it planning the excursion.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 05:49:38 PM »
Mark, The 20 D should be a good camera. I have an XTi. I also had some Cannon lenses that I wanted to use. I always liked the metering system on Cannon cameras. But my favorite is my Nikon D 100 because all the lenses I have are top quality But the best thin is the Battery life on thier battery. I can do everything that the camera is capible of doing for a week before I have to charge a battery. And maintains the charge fo a long time if you dont use the camera for a while. I am putting in a picture of Mt. St Helens That was taken With Nikon and an 80-200 f2.8 Zoom Nikon lens.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
Re: Two New Old stunt Grunts ar at it again
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2007, 11:08:18 PM »
This is Art Zehners New Modified Twister Powered by a OS 40 FP. He calls it a twited Twister. It flys like it is on rails. Actually he has been flaunting this plane at the likes of Dave Miller and Mark Scarbourogh (probaly spelled wrong) Nice looking plane and most of all it makes Art Smile a lot. HH%% HH%% HH%% HH%% HH%% HH%% HH%%

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2007, 11:27:07 PM »
hey that thinng is pretty nice looking, Im guessing the bright red is so that richard can find it on the circle with his sunglasses on?
 S?P
Hey Art, I think my strategy at Portland worked out pretty well, I flew so horrible, now you think you got me covered and I am gonna smoke you at Regionals,,

If not, well I tried anyway huh?
are you and Richard gonna attend, if so when are you coming in. I will have two new ships there,, (had to, everything else was in splinters,, again,,,)
got a bent wing P-40, with an LA 46  on it, been flying it some, as weather permits. and am finishing an Oriental as well, no paint this time, just the waterproof shrinkwrap covering, especially since last years Regionals were rather,, um wet?
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2007, 06:00:43 PM »
Yhere was some talk of maybe whipping A_ _ some one who has this very odd name that starts with the letter S. Just trying to add fuel to the fire here. VD~ VD~ HB~>

Offline Art Zehner

• Art Zehner
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2007, 08:21:49 PM »
  Mark,
  Leo is stirring the pot! S?P 
  Looking forward to seeing you in Eugene.
  Art
AMA 814545

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2007, 10:03:29 PM »
Hey Art,
no matter the outcome, it will be a blast right? (that is as long as I go home with intact airplanes, that whole parts and peices deal is gettin old!!!!)
See you there,,

PS did you see the picts of the Oriental I posted? over in ARFs,, though its an ARC,,, small diff,,
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2007, 04:50:31 PM »
Hey Mark sorry i said anything about kicking Butt. I forgot to tell you I was only joking. As usual I know how to get in trouble. Sorry if I hurt anyones feeling. HB~>

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2007, 05:07:18 PM »
Hey Leo, ,absolutly NO harm done, I assumed you were making fun,, most times I try to assume the best least offensive interpratation of something said,, that way I dont get hurt or offended,, I have been around you enough to gather that you like to stir the pot...... Art and I poke fun at each other about this since Salem last year,, its a friendly rivalry,,,

Hey Art,, I still think you forgot to wrap the leadouts in your new plane,, maybe you should check? No, the ones on the bellcrank S?P
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2007, 06:00:42 PM »
whew, Art is looking pretty good but says he is only going to be there to have fun Go figure. Aw I love flying with these guys. We actually added one more to the group and are having a blast. He just retired so he could fly with us. They all are getting to be quit old though. An of cource they all think I am too grouchy. Me Never! mw~ mw~ mw~ mw~ LL~ LL~ HB~>

Offline Art Zehner

• Art Zehner
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2007, 09:34:09 PM »
  Leo, you  HB~>?  I don't think so.  Your more of a  S?P,  with a little  VD~ thrown in for good measure.  You just got to learn when we are having  LL~ with you!  Your going to be top dog in Eugene this weekend so keep a  n~ face.
  One of your  y1,  Art
AMA 814545

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2007, 10:05:08 PM »
I expect to at the bottom of the list. But will be at the top when it comes to haveing fun. Art and Richard have seen to it that I have had a lot of practice this week so I don't make a fool of myself. These guys have been practicing all week too so watch out. Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend. #^ #^ #^ #^ #^ <= <=

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2007, 12:39:38 AM »
I been busy packing and getting planes ready, flying, hmmmm oh yeah, lines, handle, fuel, I got it,, Hope I can get my motor started,, sigh,,
Its gonna be a hoot anyhow,, Last year I watched and got wet, this year I be flyin,, wo hoo,,
See you trouble makers there friday! And Art, you better keep the cofee pot on,, I be needin it for sure D>K
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here