News:

• May 10, 2024, 03:30:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stunt Grunts that do neat things for other people  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Stunt Grunts that do neat things for other people
« on: April 23, 2007, 11:01:27 PM »
At our contest this year Pat Johnson and Scott Riese asked me if I wanted to see the planes for this new plane so we trotted over to Pats car and he draged this set of plans out and I saw this really neet lookingairplane plans. then Scott said look at the name of this plane. I was a plane that I asked Pat to make planes for about 4 years ago called the Arctic Fox. My knees went week and they were very nicely draw. I asked Pat how much I owed him and he said Nothing. It can't get any better than that. I desighned this plane in the early 90's when I returned to the stunt scene and it took a sixth at the NW regionals. It is a good entry level plane. so hope to publish it in a magzine as soon as I get the text written for it. **)

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Re: Stunt Grunts that do neat things for other people
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 09:10:16 AM »
At our contest this year Pat Johnson and Scott Riese asked me if I wanted to see the planes for this new plane so we trotted over to Pats car and he draged this set of plans out and I saw this really neet lookingairplane plans. then Scott said look at the name of this plane. I was a plane that I asked Pat to make planes for about 4 years ago called the Arctic Fox. My knees went week and they were very nicely draw. I asked Pat how much I owed him and he said Nothing. It can't get any better than that. I desighned this plane in the early 90's when I returned to the stunt scene and it took a sixth at the NW regionals. It is a good entry level plane. so hope to publish it in a magzine as soon as I get the text written for it. **)

Thanks for sharing this with us on stunthanger. What great friends we meet over the years that share our passion for modeling. I too have always been amazed at those beautiful and exacting inked line art that has almost turned into an art of the past...by todays new technology into a lost art that was so taken for granted in the early days before all the cad' and computer drawings took over the scene.
Some how....sadly so far.... nothing that I have seen recently even comes close to equaling or displaying the talent  that the artistic and beauty that these rare breed of traditional artist rendings bring to our bewildered an adorning eyeballs.

I am looking forward...to seeing or hearing more about this model of yours, Leo.
Got any sketchs to share with us....huh? huh? purty pleeeeeeeeeease, with suggggaaaaa' or a shot of Heneseee' conqac' for a chaser!
Congratulations Leo! Your designs are always EYE CANDY...my gifted friend.
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 10:24:07 AM »
I'll chime in here. Pat is one of the great guys in this event. We've been friends for 20 years and Pat has always had a smile and a nice word for everyone. He gives without thought of reward and is possibly the most selfless person I've ever met. At the contest in Portland last weekend, he paid for dinner and gave me two engines he had brought just because he thought I "might" find a use for them ... eventually. He's a great designer and builder and would do most anything for you if he thought you needed it or even wanted it.

I am proud to call him my friend and hope I can live up to his example.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 10:53:41 AM »
One of the other neet guys in this hobby is Don Mclave. He will campain a stunter for a year and then give it away at the end of the flying season. He gave plane, motor and lines to a friend of mine just so he could fly a plane that was well trimmed.He droped by Dave and Alice Royers and droped off last years Orental. He also gave away severa planes before this happened. Again this is a man that promotes this hobby by his generosity. Not only that but his experience is always there for the taking.

Offline Bill Gruby

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 10:20:28 PM »
Leo;

Funny you should mention the "plans man"---Pat Johnston. Phil Bare and I had an idea, I went to Pat with it. Within a week the man came thru with a refined version of what we had asked for. This all happened the week before the contest you mentioned. He was in constant touch with me all the way. Truly an amazing person.

"Billy G"  ;D

PS-----Don't go sending me a PM to find out what we are buildin, it's a secret. I can tell you this it's BIIIIIIIIIIIIG
Bill Gruby
AMA 94433
MECA 5393-10

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 12:24:40 AM »
Oh No not another huge ringmaster for your 16 cylinder radial engine ??? HB~> #^

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here