News:

• May 02, 2024, 02:49:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: STUNT GRUNT PET DOGGY OF THE DAY!  (Read 4637 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
STUNT GRUNT PET DOGGY OF THE DAY!
« on: June 06, 2007, 10:27:15 AM »
Hey stunt grunters....
We talk about so many things on stunt hanger.....except for the CRITTERS-N-PETS that enrich our lives.
Why not take a moment and post your favorite fuzzy or not so fuzzy pet that stands or has stood by you...during those moments of thick n' thin-ins'?

Let me start this off...Here is our little soft coated Wheaten terrier  "LEXI" who passed this life last Christmas.
She has left a huge void in our lives....with such a short time of only 10 years but we think of her every day and are constantly reminded of the silly and funny little things that our doggies-do-do...and even miss pickin' up those little "land-mines" that I had to pick up on a daily basis around the yard and on our twice a day walks down our country roads.

Here is a photo of her taken last fall...helping me pick up leaves and another Lexi watching the sun going down at our favorite Cannon Beach.
GADS! SHE LOVED THE BEACH!
Don Shultz

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: STUNT GRUNT PET DOGGY OF THE DAY!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 11:43:48 AM »
Here's our newest "pup", Lizzie.  70+ lbs. of fun loving 1 year old Lab!  We never had a "big dog" in the house before, man have we learned a LOT!  LL~

(she thinks she's a Tea Cup Poodle! haha)

A picture with the Missus, and hopefully one with the Grandson:
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 04:56:24 PM »
Good old Bill has come thru with a pet. Nice looking and the dog ain't bad either. that  dog of yours is cute and looks a lot like you exceptooooon he has a lot more hair. I am glade this pet left  a long time before you or I wpuldn't be able to kid you. As you said there is just cause for what we do. I don't have any pets unless you want to include the ants Billy "G" gave my computer. There were too many to name. HB~> HB~> HB~>

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 07:41:27 PM »
Yeah, Leo, she's got lots more hair than I do!  LL~  LL~  Both the wife, and the pup!  Even my Grandson has more hair than me................and he's only 2.  Lizzie is about the sweetest thing I have found....... er, except...... maybe........ the wife!  **) **)
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 10:16:56 PM »
Bill, I have to apoligize those hair remarks were ment for Shultzie. Evidently my brain was at lunch when i typed that last coment. what happened here is you just told me that you don't have much hair. Thats OK and is permited for anyone over fourty. Best regaards LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ HB~>

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 10:21:30 PM »
Sorry Shultzie. I don't have a stunt dog. I have a whacked out psycho mutt. A Husky/Alaskan Malamute cross. I'm considering putting Adderall in her dog chow. That mutt has more energy than an Abrams tank...and acts like one too. I wouldn't consider letting her within a 100 yards of an airplane.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 11:33:54 PM »
Well Sienna isnt so much a stunt dog, (she does do some stunts of her own) but shes my bud' she definetly gaurds my planes whilst I am out and about wandering, just ask Scott Riese,, lol, her and Pat Johnston are good buds too,, This pict was in Pasco last year at our club fun fly. She was gaurding my chair for me., Planes were not in need of it by this time,,
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 08:49:40 AM »
Sorry Shultzie. I don't have a stunt dog. I have a whacked out psycho mutt. A Husky/Alaskan Malamute cross. I'm considering putting Adderall in her dog chow. That mutt has more energy than an Abrams tank...and acts like one too. I wouldn't consider letting her within a 100 yards of an airplane.
Randy...
That "Wached out Husky/Malamute is one great dog. Our next door neighbor has a Huskey named "Aspen" and Tony lets me  get my diggity-doggy fix take Aspen for long walks around the woods near my home up here in the Green Belt a few times during the week. 
Everyone, their kiddies and my little departed Lexi and me...LOVE THAT BIG CONFIDENT LEADER OF THE PACK LEAD DOG.
 ASPEN has been my therapeeee' dog since Lexi passed.

THANKS GANG...great hearing about these great little and NOT SO LITTLE critters that enrichen our lives with their dedicated companionship.
Don Shultz

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 09:59:23 AM »
Home Dog Secuirty...

You can't beat Red Hot Frank for guarding the equipment while flying at the local pitch.

Paul Smith

Offline Bill Gruby

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 06:41:09 PM »
"Shultzie"

How about this one, is it to big?  This is "Molly" only 10 wks. old.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 06:04:51 AM by Bill Gruby »
Bill Gruby
AMA 94433
MECA 5393-10

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 10:04:17 PM »
Shultzie,

Well, everyone keeps telling me that she'll calm down by the time she's 2 and a half or 3 (about 2 now). I can only hope. She's a stalker dog. I let her out to run and she runs over me. She is getting better. Sorta.
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 10:16:43 PM »
HI Randy, sounds like my Lab, Lizzie!  She's just over a year old, 70 lbs, not fat, and STRONG!  When she runs at me, she can really lay a lick on me!  Feels like I'm taking on a fullback and trying to plug the hole! **)

We had two Miniature Dachshunds before Lizzie.  Our first one was 19 when he wandered off in the middle of the night.  Gail swore to never get another!  Three months later we got the second one.  He became demented and we had to put him down when he was almost 15.  Those pups were a totally different experience.  2 pups that covered close to 35 years of our marriage!
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Bill Gruby

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 06:07:32 AM »

One more, "Rocky", he loves to be outside when I am testing motors. I swear this "Dog" has Castor Oil in his vains  LL~ LL~ LL~

"Billy G"   ;D
Bill Gruby
AMA 94433
MECA 5393-10

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 08:21:10 AM »
Bill,

The current whacked out dog is named Sitka. But I usually just call her Muttley. She's a tri-color about 90lbs

The cool dog was the last one; Kelty. 130lbs tri-color Alaskan Malamute. Sometimes called Tank. She only barked when someone was really there, the sweetest dog in the world. Great company and well behaved. She loved laying in the shop when I was working on a plane and would go to the field with me and guard the equipment while I flew. Never, ever chased a plane (or a person for that matter). Didnt' understand the concept of fetch and could develop sudden hearing loss while off the leash, but was a great animal. I really miss her. She died a couple of years ago at the ripe old age of 18.

We are weird like that here. Animals tend to live a very long time with us. We had a 23 year old cat that died a few years ago. Current have another one near 17. I have a Thorobread in the pasture right now that is pushing 32 and is in fine shape. That is OLD for that breed of horse. And that's my fear. That the mutt will live to be 30.  %^@
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 03:34:58 PM »
We have signs posted for our dogs at delta park. Take note!.
No running over lines in the pit.
Use only trees and tall gras along fence for you know what.
Now whinning or barking when master is flying.
No running to middle of circle when master is flying.
No biting or nipping at strangers.
Sitting on friends of master lap is permitted.
 And the final and basic rule. Do not break these rules or it's stay at home time. This also applies to Shultzie. HB~> HB~> mw~

GADS LEO...I THOUGHT YOU HAD FORGOTTEN THAT TIME THAT I WAS SOOOOOOO MAD AT ONE OF OUR FELLOW COMPETITORS flying companion... (who shall remain nameless for now)
who owned a fiesty cute little young Wire Haired terrier.
 While we were flying....I was over to my car and WATCHED IN DISMAY AND UNBELIEF...as his new little puppy, walked calmly over to my old Blue Nobler...'SNIFFED AT IT...FROM FROOM TO TAIL....LIFTED IT'S LITTLE LEGGEEE' AND MADE A FIRE HYDRANT OUT OF THAT OLD GOBBLER OF MINE!!!! 

I YELLED  & WAIVED IN VAIN AT HIS DOGGY FROM A DISTANT..but in those days...Veco 45's were unmuffled and no one responded.....
(Guess I really couldn't blame the dog for marking out his terrier-tory all over the rudder and elevator of that old GOBBLER of mine.) In those days...I used Lemon Pledge cleaner to wipe down my stunters before packing them off in the ol' VW. ( If you know what I mean...Old Lemon Pledge smelled more like cat pee when it sits too long after flying? LL~ LL~
I thought you knew that you had to do that first to mark your territory. I shouldn't have to teach you everything. HB~>

« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 08:50:46 AM by Leo Mehl »

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 06:34:07 PM »
Richards dog Nick is reading the pattern for him. However richard does not always listen.How many people have a real stunt dog that follows all the rules? Not only is this dog smart but he wants every one to pet him. Richard does't get that kind of attention. LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ %^@ %^@ HB~>

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 09:29:27 PM »
LEO!
THAT IS ONE REALLY GREAT SHOT! "Doggy co-pilot barking the pattern commands to his masta!"
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 04:37:04 PM »
I think the problem is ,Richard does not understand dog just like I don't understand women. DK^ DK^ DK^ DK^ %^ %^

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 05:19:08 PM »
I think the problem is ,Richard does not understand dog just like I don't understand women. DK^ DK^ DK^ DK^ %^ %^

LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ mw~ mw~ H^^ VD~
Don Shultz

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 05:27:09 PM »

**) **) **) **)  LL~  LL~  LL~  LL~  oh, I'm hurtin over that one.........  n~  :##
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Jerry Olson

• AMA Member
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2007, 12:31:16 PM »
Here is a picture of me and my dog.  The ugly on is me.

Jerry Olson
Clackamas, Oregon

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2007, 04:11:16 PM »
That is one sweet lookin stuntdoggie! Love those ears! H^^
Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007, 09:46:55 AM »
Stunt doggie for today...
ARF! Appearence point judge! (so the sign says! LL~ LL~
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2007, 10:41:46 PM »
Jerry, did he mean the ears on you or the dog? LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ HB~>

Offline Jerry Olson

• AMA Member
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2007, 07:20:26 AM »
I wondered about that myself but I didn't ask.  I think I might be afraid of the answer.

Later,
Jerry
Jerry Olson
Clackamas, Oregon

Offline Mike Gretz

• ACE
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2007, 09:46:55 AM »
Stunt doggie for today...
ARF! Appearence point judge! (so the sign says! LL~ LL~

Yes Shultzie, at the SIG Contest we take ARFs seriously.  This year we even designated a single judge who's only job was to give out ZERO appearance points to all the ARFs.

I agonized for days trying to figure out who I could trust to handle this all important job.  But then ... when Randi and Russ Gifford arrived at SIG Field on friday afternoon ... the answer came to me like a light from above ... "Sasha!  You're the one!  Will you do it?"

"ARF" , she said.  And that was all I needed to hear. 

Thanks to Randi for bringing Sasha along to the SIG Contest.  And thanks for Russ for teaching Sasha all he knows about ARFs.  And thanks for Jeff Welliver for the sign.  And, last but not least, thank you Sasha for a job well done.  She's ready for the NATS!

Mike Gretz
SIG Contest Director

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2007, 02:47:37 PM »
Again Mike~
Great idea and truly a GREAT LOOKIN' STUNT-DOGGIE'! There is something sooooooooo REGAL ABOUT FULL SIZED POODLEE'DOODLE-DOGS!
Thanks for posting that photo....Certainly takes TOP APPEARENCE POINTS FOR SURE!!! H^^
Don Shultz

Offline Bob Disharoon

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2007, 05:27:14 PM »
"Shultzie"

How about this one, is it to big?  This is "Molly" only 10 wks. old.

Yur killing me,BG.....I want that dawg....whata sweethart

Offline GEOFFREY

• Commander
  • Northwest Fireballs
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2007, 06:35:47 PM »
Monday after a day at the field my wifes dog zuky  wants to know " dad why is nick  smelling  there. she is confused????????????????????????? Richard's dog  NICK is a happy boy today
GEOFFREY L CHRISTIANSON  AMA 824607             DELTA PARK Portland Or.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2007, 10:44:53 PM »
Monday after a day at the field my wifes dog zuky  wants to know " dad why is nick  smelling  there. she is confused????????????????????????? Richard's dog  NICK is a happy boy today

Uhhh...I need to teach my new little stunt-doggy toilet training....but GADS!!!!
ARE NOT OLD NEWSPAPERS???...CHEAPER AND MORE PLENTIFUL THAT THOSE BEAUTIFUL STUNT MODEL PLANS that little ZUKY-DOOKEY SEEMS TO BE POOPEEY POOPIN ON?  LL~ n1  :o ;D

Here is a nudder snap of an old toot with his new little "wired Wire Terrier."
(look at the stress on that old kite-koots face....FROM NO SLEEP on her first night sleep.
AHHH! "LITTLE ANNIE FANNY!" those were the daze days n~

latest photo of AnnieFanny
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 10:32:08 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2007, 09:31:05 PM »
Uhhh...I need to teach my new little stunt-doggy toilet training....but GADS!!!!
ARE NOT OLD NEWSPAPERS???...CHEAPER AND MORE PLENTIFUL THAT THOSE BEAUTIFUL STUNT MODEL PLANS that little ZUKY-DOOKEY SEEMS TO BE POOPEEY POOPIN ON?  LL~ n1  :o ;D

Here is a nudder snap of an old toot with his new little "wired Wire Terrier."
(look at the stress on that old kite-koots face....FROM NO SLEEP on her first night sleep.
AHHH! "LITTLE ANNIE FANNY!" those were the daze days n~

latest photo of AnnieFanny

As I recall,you were always needing sleep. It's just a dog eat human world out there. The dog does not look as good as said wife but better'n you. ~^ ~^ ~^ ~^ ~^ ~^ %^ %^ %^ %^ %^ HB~>

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2007, 12:13:07 PM »
AMEN!  BROTHA' MEHL H^^
Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2007, 06:08:58 PM »
Sad Day....
My little Stunt-Doggy Annie has taken up a new hobby....chasing R/C cars with my Jason...my son in law.
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2007, 08:58:34 PM »
I love it when dogs have fun. Take it from an old dog. HB~>

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2007, 09:30:14 AM »
Try this again,  I have mentioned the deranged dog that I brought home from Tuscon last March.  The first pic is when we were still in Tuscon.  The second is as she looks now.  Yes, she is spoiled rotten as I can't go work on planes without her.  Have to put her on a leash when I am working outside.  Her name - Sandy.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2007, 10:26:31 AM »
Thanks DOC!
GREAT LOOKIN STUNT DOGGIE...I have been told that eyes are the windows to the soul.....Humm? That "red-eye" from the camera flash....illustrates also just how quickly these little angel doggies of ours can be tranfered into little wind-demon doggies? LL~
Don Shultz

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2007, 08:04:53 PM »
Demon is right as she wakes me up before the alarm has a chance to off.  She also lets me know in the middle of the night that she has to go outside.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2008, 01:11:07 AM »
This is Geoffrey's dog, I call him stunt dog number 2! **) **) **) **) HB~>

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2008, 10:44:57 AM »
What an expressive face....Hummmm?
Why does that expression look familiar on its face.....Hummmm?  :!

GOOD LORDY!!!!LEO!!!! TAKE A LOOK IN THE MIRROR! THAT IS EXACTLY THE EXPRESSION THAT I SAW ON YOUR FACE IN ONE OF YOUR PHOTOS...SOMEWHERE ON THIS SH WEBSITE?  LL~ LL~ VD~ H^^
Don Shultz

Offline Garf

• Admiral
    • Hangar Flying
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2008, 07:11:35 PM »
This is my beast. Her name is Sasha. She is now diabetic and 17 pounds.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2008, 05:08:27 PM »
This is my beast. Her name is Sasha. She is now diabetic and 17 pounds.
Aw Man I Love Cats. They are so independent that you can't help it! HB~> HB~>

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here