News:

• April 26, 2024, 01:27:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: STUNT-GRUNT GARY LETSINGER... revisted photos for the day.  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
STUNT-GRUNT GARY LETSINGER... revisted photos for the day.
« on: November 02, 2007, 01:48:44 PM »
Attached are three photos of Gary from 76-77 that I found in an old flight box of stunt-parts taken at our old Space Center BMA contests of old.

Gee what  kiddies we were...

First photo was of his modified  Novi? (is that right Gary!) Gary and I were really interested in fuselage side area studies.
 Gary being a retired Boeing Aerodynmaical' Engineering Wizard...and his equally impressive skills in building so really unique and outstanding stunt models...gave us lots of FUEL N' FOOD FOR THOUGHT when it came stunt model design configuration.  We often went to his pool of knowledge many many times.
He made so many interesting concept-design stunt models and it was always exciting to be around when it came to TEST FLIGHT TIME. This model shown was a very successful model and flew as good as it looked.

Check out the 2nd photo: Gary really enjoyed the PULL TEST THANG and really put his body and soul into it huh?

The LAST SHOT of Gary and Joe Dill discussing  how lucky that Joe's beautiful and elegant Crusader series stunter was still around after a near disaster in letting ol' Shultzie test fly that model the week-end before.
I think that is the same model that Joe let me put "red beauty stripes" onto an alumininmineeumum light pole...just like the one in the background when he let me test fly that purty model a week earlier?

Can you believe that I "nicked" that pole twice without destroying that beautiful model of his?
I do remember feeling a small "tick" vibration both times. at the handle..when that outboard wing marked the pole. (Only the red paint was rubbed off at the very end of the  wingtip. Only a small skuff mark remained to show just how close a CAT=AZZZZ=TUFFFY'---EEEEEEE and how fortunate that I didn't blow that wing tip into balsa confettiii????

After that close call.....I became more aware and not try to waaaaaaaaaaander around and stay put at the center of the flight circle.

Sorry to say...that pole is no longer there with the proof of that LUCKY STRIKE IN RED because that property is long been sold off by Boeing and now has many new buildings standing where we once flew our purty little toy airplanes. How sad!

but "TIME FLY'S WHEN WE'RE HAVIN FUN!"

Don Shultz

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: STUNT-GRUNT GARY LETSINGER... revisted photos for the day.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 12:47:17 AM »
Thanks for the pics, Donny. I haven't seen Joe in eons, but we get Letsinger out of the woodwork once in awhile. I didn't realize he is so tall! Don't believe I ever saw either of these planes, but still remember Joe's "Chimpunk".
Seemed quite a bit closer to scale than the JVL and SIG Chimps.  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 06:04:38 PM »
Thanks for the pics, Don't believe I ever saw either of these planes, but still remember Joe's "Chimpunk".
Seemed quite a bit closer to scale than the JVL and SIG Chimps.  H^^ Steve

Donny. I haven't seen Joe in eons, but we get Letsinger out of the woodwork once in awhile. I didn't realize he is so tall!

THE JOKE IS...THAT GARY LOOKS SOOOOOOO TALL BECAUSE JOE IS SOOOO DARNED SHORT!  LL~
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 04:48:38 PM »
Attached are three photos of Gary from 76-77 that I found in an old flight box of stunt-parts taken at our old Space Center BMA contests of old.

Gee what  kiddies we were...

First photo was of his modified  Novi? (is that right Gary!) Gary and I were really interested in fuselage side area studies.
 Gary being a retired Boeing Aerodynmaical' Engineering Wizard...and his equally impressive skills in building so really unique and outstanding stunt models...gave us lots of FUEL N' FOOD FOR THOUGHT when it came stunt model design configuration.  We often went to his pool of knowledge many many times.
He made so many interesting concept-design stunt models and it was always exciting to be around when it came to TEST FLIGHT TIME. This model shown was a very successful model and flew as good as it looked.

Check out the 2nd photo: Gary really enjoyed the PULL TEST THANG and really put his body and soul into it huh?

The LAST SHOT of Gary and Joe Dill discussing  how lucky that Joe's beautiful and elegant Crusader series stunter was still around after a near disaster in letting ol' Shultzie test fly that model the week-end before.
I think that is the same model that Joe let me put "red beauty stripes" onto an alumininmineeumum light pole...just like the one in the background when he let me test fly that purty model a week earlier?

Can you believe that I "nicked" that pole twice without destroying that beautiful model of his?
I do remember feeling a small "tick" vibration both times. at the handle..when that outboard wing marked the pole. (Only the red paint was rubbed off at the very end of the  wingtip. Only a small skuff mark remained to show just how close a CAT=AZZZZ=TUFFFY'---EEEEEEE and how fortunate that I didn't blow that wing tip into balsa confettiii????

After that close call.....I became more aware and not try to waaaaaaaaaaander around and stay put at the center of the flight circle.

Sorry to say...that pole is no longer there with the proof of that LUCKY STRIKE IN RED because that property is long been sold off by Boeing and now has many new buildings standing where we once flew our purty little toy airplanes. How sad!

but "TIME FLY'S WHEN WE'RE HAVIN FUN!"

No wonder Gary remembered my Ruffy that looked like a jet. I didn't remember that he was crazy about jets. I have been flying a ruffy latley that has a FP worn out 40 in It. It realy flys good with modern power in it.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here