News:

• April 26, 2024, 07:07:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Someone who has influenced your life of stunt.  (Read 4973 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Someone who has influenced your life of stunt.
« on: November 06, 2006, 06:44:10 PM »

Exactly the kind of folks that we need to talk about...how they influenced our lives..etc/

**) I have been railroaded into moderating this section.  SH^

« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 07:32:48 PM by Robert Storick »
Don Shultz

Offline Richard Grogan

• AMA Member 85745 Stunt Hangar
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Someone who has influenced your life of stunt.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 07:44:00 PM »
Shultzie,
Since your just getting started, how about show us some of the fantastic artwork (wing art/ nose art) your so well known for? :-X We've only heard about it from those who have, so show us some! :o

I'll try to get a picture together of my mentor, in the meantime....
Richard
Long Live the CL Crowd!

AMA 85745

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 07:45:12 PM »
Shultzie  :! Do you like your section? You didn't even know what you started...  ~~>
AMA 12366

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 10:16:09 PM »
I happen to have this piece of Schultzie's handywork on my confuser. You may recognize it as being on PW's 2002 WC B-17 (9th).  #^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Richard Grogan

• AMA Member 85745 Stunt Hangar
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 10:45:52 PM »
I happen to have this piece of Schultzie's handywork on my confuser. You may recognize it as being on PW's 2002 WC B-17 (9th).  #^ Steve
Now thats pretty cool! Is there other examples out there?? I dig that sort of thing!! n~
Long Live the CL Crowd!

AMA 85745

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 09:29:18 AM »
Now thats pretty cool! Is there other examples out there?? I dig that sort of thing!! n~

YO! RICH-STEVE-BOB!!!
WHAT A SURPRISE!!!
Guess that will teach me to stop HIJACKIN-N'GRUNT -NAPPIN' and lurkin' on this great cyber-pipe line for the dope sniffin addicted stunt-junkie?

First,  %^ %^ ??? ~^ and most importantly---this "STUNT-GRUNT" of the day is here for only ONE PURPOSE ONLY!!!  Simply an opportunity to recognize someone that is on your mind...that has been an influnce in your life......
and this will only FLY if we take the time to throw a photo under the scanner or a few moments to convey your thoughts and type a few sentences etc,  about those that come to mind, while reading these posts by fellow modelers.

NEW RULES???? Not many, really. Over the years, each and everyone of us have been influnced by someone or something in our lives...that pattern our lives.

Remember, the STUNT GRUNT OF THE DAY, doesn't mean that the person you wish to illustrate to us, hs to be directly involved in model making or the hobby. Be bold and bravely share a few moments sharing what makes them important in your world...and perhaps, just might make our own lives, today...a bit betta' than the day before.

As you can plainly see....writing and spullin' and thimkin' is not one of my gifts...perhaps why I spent so many years doodling in school, instead of readin-writin-rithmaticology'
Perhaps...this is the main reason, I continue to share my thoughts in photos and doodles.
Perhaps the title "STUNT-GRUNT OF THE DAY" may appear that we select only one each day...when in fact, I would much prefer that it be "MY STUNT-GRUNT OF THE DAY!"

STUNTMASTA-BOB!!!
SINCE IT'S YOUR FAULT....SLAM A PHOTO UNDER THE SCANNER AND LET'S START THIS THING OFF THE RIGHT WAY and share with us your choice for the day?

(Don Shultz-Exiled by high wata' in Gig Haaaaba' Wa.)

Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 09:55:39 AM »
-------------------uhhh?------------ Thanks Steve, but but but----------I only repo'd air pistol doodled  that little decal onto PAUL WALKER'S OUTSTANDINGLY BEAUTIFUL AND RARE PIECE OF FLYING ART, that only Paul Walker could recreate with such gifted skill.
Additional option...
is a retirement toon' of one of our beloved professional modelmakers who was also a celebrated B-17 pilot. Like Paul...he was an addicted model maker and flyer. Pat (we called him Paddle-foot,due to his HUGE SHOE SIZE) loved anything that flew. His expertise as a Boeing flutter modelmaker at the Wind Tunnel, it was priority one and "FOOTING'...to show him with our famous "5000th B-17 built since Pearl Harbor."
I foolishly thought I was a pretty good model maker until I met both Pat C. Young  and Paul Walker...THE REST IS HISTORY
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 05:03:03 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 11:05:34 AM »
Don,
I love your stuff. The details are the coolest. I don't know the men, so I can't comment on those details that I'm sure are so cool to them, that I have missed....

...But...telephone batteries?! Who can even find them!  How cool, I haven't seen those in forever! Just the thing to be used in image by some old school, cool guy like you. I dig it, thanks for coming back and livening up the event.
Hope to see you soon, it has been a long time and I think I speak for everyone when I say, you were missed.

Chris...

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 12:04:23 PM »
Thanks Chris...
Bein' a Biplane flyer...this is a quickie  2day toon that I drew for our beloved Flight Test ICON. (who became a really good friend, partly because his son...worked as a colleague with us)

Before retiring Lew Wallick was a test pilot for the 757 and 747 Extended range and was copilot on the first 747 City of Everett
He enjoyed our wind tunnel stuff and stopped often to see what the latest ideas were not only on my drafting table but also what stuff was being built  in the windtunnel model shops...where we were  involved in many many flutter model projects and tests.

He and our model friend...Pete Bowers is how I first met Lew...when they were doing research on Boeing's beautiful P-12 restoration.

Pete Bowers, as you know made the little "FLY BABY" ever so famous and was often use in all kinds of modeling projects...be it stunt, scale, RC etc.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 04:59:28 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 02:41:26 PM »
Al Culver was not there when during the years that I was a journeyman display Modelmaker but yes...
Bob Parker and I were mere children...waaay back in those early days of stunt-grunting and from the looks of this photo of Bob and I... REALLY LOOK LIKE A COUPLE GEESTERS'(I had this combo photo of us..pinned up along time ago in my garage workshop, JUST FOR LAUGHS!

I was into black n' white stuff with my 4x4 old Rollieflex 2.8 twin lens reflex crappola camera.
  Photo of Bob starting up his Ringmasta' n' Me...showing of some of my first plastic stuff.
That was the same day that I entered by 1st Sting Ray in Slow Combat, with Bob Parker...He won...I crashed straight into the rain soaked turf...stuffed it straight in...all that happened was a broken prop and cowling. Talk about a miracle? n~

The geek with the Shark is me, stylin' YUK! with my first... second place plastic which took place at the Willamette' Eugene. Oregon contest.. and the other stake-lookin award was my first-first place Canada Internats plastic..that I won with an old skyblue Nobler, powered first with a Fox...and then with a Merco 35.

The Shark was extremely ill fated and the WMC was the only award it ever gleaned....
sadly I flew  it into a crowd barrier pole...after take-off. at the next Boeing Field contest that next week end.
I have built and owned only two Shark 45's and both were powered with what else....K&B Green head 45's.

Bob Parker is truly an amazingly gifted "genius" and life long family and model building friend. 
 Carol, my beloved CFO wife to be....was a friend and baby sitter of Bob Parker and his wife...and in 1970 we were married and hummm? That year was my last trip to the nationals...What a wuzzzzzzzseeeee;  :o

Hummm? See what can happen!!! I flew only local events after that?later.
Rare indeed, BOB PARKERS beautiful workmanship and mind bending beautiful finishes and many awards both in scale and stunt were truly works of art which made so many of us sooooooooo ENVUS.

(Uhhhh! Don't tell anyone...but he was and is virtually BLIND!)
 Typical for a stunt judge, huh?

Ever watch BOB examine a model or a young purty girl????
 His eye sight is perfect at--------3 to 12 inch away from the model...but after that he is pretty much blind as a bat.
How often in this life when we were lucky enough to have this Phd.Nucleeerrrr'Engineer, as a model friend and fellow flyer. Also Bob  with coke-bottle glasses...is a pretty gooooood stunt judge of note.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 05:23:36 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 04:03:21 PM »
Just got back from voting!!!
After seeing these last two photos of Bob Parker and I!

We both could easily be voted....STUNT-NERD-GEEKS OF THE DAY **)
Gads we looked funny....even with greeeeaaaaseeee' hair!! n~
Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 04:08:55 PM »
HELP!!! WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF "STUNT-GRUNT OF THE DAY?"
Think of some other grunts that U you would like to mention. Send a photo with it.

Scan something...type your words...
click on the blue "Additional Options...
pick a photo from your picture files...and attach them before we run this website outta rammmmmaling-a-ding dong memory?
Don Shultz

Offline Ralph Wenzel (d)

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 05:10:36 PM »
Just got back from voting!!!
After seeing these last two photos of Bob Parker and I!

We both could easily be voted....STUNT-NERD-GEEKS OF THE DAY **)
Gads we looked funny....even with greeeeaaaaseeee' hair!! n~

"Voting these days is somewhat like picking your favorite mosquito from a swarm." Don't know who said it first, but I'm envious . . .

(Too many irons; not enough fire)

Ralph Wenzel
AMA 495785 League City, TX

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 05:44:48 PM »
"Voting these days is somewhat like picking your favorite mosquito from a swarm." Don't know who said it first, but I'm envious . . .

RALPH.."LiKE PICKING A FAVORITE
 I really never intended to consider that we should or should  not   make it a vote....instead,
just a place that we could  honor or even razz another human being that has helped us...been an influence...and someone that has changed our lives, for the betta' etc.

RALPH!!!!  DIG OUT A PHOTO...put a few words on it......
For a fact...each and everyone has many many equally favorite human beings that has changed our  lives forever...
STUNT GRUNT LOUNGE
STUNT-DADDY-MOMMA-STUNTGRUNT...

That goes for lurkers also....GOT- PHOTO? GOT STORY!!! POST UNTO OTHERS BEFORE THEY POST UNTO U?
(Gads....THAT SOUNDS ALMOST BIBLICAL..OR PURE POSTAL?  n~

Don Shultz

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 08:55:44 PM »
Well, now. Bob Parker was my coach when I decided to try Judging. I stood behind the official judges with my own clipboard and watched and Bob 'splained what I missed...for about a year. He's good with those weird things that can happen, especially in the lower skill classes...three square loops or four round loops, what do ya do with Pattern Points? Bob knows. I really like to share judging duties with Bob. At Sand Point NAS contest in '05, some (even) older geezer drove up in a '35 Ford Roadster. It wasn't a convertable, it had no top, and the guy said he'd had one just like it as a teen. Very rare, now. As soon as we finished judging a flight, we booked over there and just made the fliers wait!  SH^

Did anybody know Don Zipoy? Don was my mentor, when I started flying FAI Free Flight. Don flew AMA Gas and CL Speed back in the old days in Mineapolis. Mostly AMA Gas out here, but he could build and fly anything he wanted. He had a Green Box Nobler that was done in red tissue with red dyed dope. It was real pretty. But it had been totalled a couple of times, already. Real good craftsmanship to do that without resorting to pigmented paint. Don died at 57, of lung cancer. WAY too young. He'd smoked since he was a teen. If you do, please stop! I've got a picture...I'll have to dig it out.  :!  Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 02:56:17 PM »
Right on about Bob Parker....
He, by his very nature...is the most picky-picky-(perhaps PERFECTIONIST is the correct term.
My wife Carol, myself and so many of our mutual friend have found BOB TO BE ONE OF  THE MOST INTERESTING HUMAN BEINGS that we have ever known in our lives.
He zest for life...fun....be it his hobbies or his job and seems to almost have a photographic memory...for details...places...things.

He seems to have knowledge on just about ANY SUBJECT...and willing to share these things with you.
 Certainly you have noticed that when he get excited or thrilled about something.....he starts smilin ear to ear...his eyes start to squint....and his voice becomes LOUDER AND LOUDER.
Also he goes to the max....to help any of his friends....in need. He knows every skill one can imagine, be it plumbing, fixin' a car, or just need a close friend to talk about something that seems to be a mountain...he can make a mole hill out of it...and gives support...when you just need to have someone to listen to ya.

The great stories about our Bob Parker could fill a best seller Book!

Keep the info coming about Bob's passion for stunt flying, and modeling in general.
We are all betta off...just knowing this complicated and interesting human being.
Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 03:31:11 PM »

Did anybody know Don Zipoy? Don was my mentor, when I started flying FAI Free Flight. Don flew AMA Gas and CL Speed back in the old days in Mineapolis. Mostly AMA Gas out here, but he could build and fly anything he wanted. He had a Green Box Nobler that was done in red tissue with red dyed dope. It was real pretty. But it had been totalled a couple of times, already. Real good craftsmanship to do that without resorting to pigmented paint. Don died at 57, of lung cancer. WAY too young. He'd smoked since he was a teen. If you do, please stop! I've got a picture...I'll have to dig it out.  :!  Steve

I had no idea that DON ZIPOY has passed......Let me check..my demented memory...and my large slide collection of stuff.
My free-fright' friends surely must have more info?
I will E you soon as I hear something?
Thanks for bring up this ICON of Modeling....
Don Shultz

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2006, 07:51:42 PM »
Schultzie...Don must have died in the mid-'80's. I took John Mace to the memorial service, in Bellevue, someplace, and John's been gone for quite a few years now.  A bunch of Boeing types were there. His ashes were spread (illegally) at Harts Lake Prairie. Ray Chalker may remember the year. I like to stop by HLP occasionally, at least to say "Hello, Don, I miss you".  We all miss Don. 

I suppose you knew Phil Hainer Sr., since he worked as a model maker at Boeing. Wind tunnel, I think. He's gone, along with Doc Dona. Jim Walters and Joe Deady are still kickin'. Who do you know in NW FF? Joe's up in Friday Habaaa, I think. Jim's still in Normandy Park, AFAIK. John Crosetto is living over in Cle Elum, where he's one of the few natives still there. John Kamla is still around, AFAIK.  :-\ Steve

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2006, 10:13:58 PM »
Yes...Don was truly an amazing gent....
What U say about Don and Harts Lake Prairie was and is a great place for reflection of so many folks that gave and shared  so much of their lives through their modeling.'\

Phil Hainer Sr. (I worked with and for him at Boeing and traveled on many tests with him.
We have lost so many wonderful modelers...gone but not forgotten.
Phil Hainer Sr.
Timothy Dunlop (Portland)
Mel Winters
Jim Parsons
Rollie Speed merchant
My own beloved friend---Doc Dona'
Doc Ralph Brooks...
Hey....so many folks gone but never forgotten....
This list could go on and on...huh

HEY GANG...KEEP THIS LIST OF OUR PAST STUNT GRUNTS...THAT HAVE CROSSED OVER in our thoughts...and  add a few favorites of your own and HIT THE REPLY BUTTON WITH THEIR NAMES?
Don Shultz

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2006, 11:33:30 PM »
Stunt Grunts that have passed on that influenced me in many ways!

Bob Palmer
George Aldrich
Ed Southwick
Jim Kostecky

Their designs are among my all time favorties!
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2006, 11:02:42 AM »
Don Bambrick
Bob Baron
Gene Matheny (Portland Oregon)

Don Shultz

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2006, 09:57:51 PM »
"Rollie Speed merchant"...you must be thinking of Rollie Hillsland? He died of cancer of the spleen in '67, right about the time I got married. Rollie had a history of back problems, and thought this pain was back trouble again. Took too long to get it checked out, and was dead in a month.

Chuck Stohlmeyer didn't fly stunt, but flew about everything else. He was killed in Viet Nam the same year, I think. Chuck's Dad, "Sarge" was a Veteran, and as I understand the rules, Chuck didn't have to put himself in harm's way, as the only child/son of a Vet. But he did.

Do you know if Gene Matheny might be Chuck Matheny's father? Chuck lost his son Charlie in Iraq. Dirt, Rush, Buzz and myself attended the services...with hundreds of others. The procession was roughly a mile long.

I met Jim Parsons many times, down at the Space Center. I kinda remember a Smoothie of his. Larry Dona was my Dr. for awhile, depending on my insurance at the time, ya know. He patched me up several times, mostly self inflicted stuff.

Most these guys are in a better place. I doubt I'll ever see them again.
 f~ Steve

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 11:35:21 AM »
"Rollie Speed merchant"...you must be thinking of Rollie Hillsland? He died of cancer of the spleen in '67, right about the time I got married. Rollie had a history of back problems, and thought this pain was back trouble again. Took too long to get it checked out, and was dead in a month.

Chuck Stohlmeyer didn't fly stunt, but flew about everything else. He was killed in Viet Nam the same year, I think. Chuck's Dad, "Sarge" was a Veteran, and as I understand the rules, Chuck didn't have to put himself in harm's way, as the only child/son of a Vet. But he did.

Do you know if Gene Matheny might be Chuck Matheny's father? Chuck lost his son Charlie in Iraq. Dirt, Rush, Buzz and myself attended the services...with hundreds of others. The procession was roughly a mile long.

I met Jim Parsons many times, down at the Space Center. I kinda remember a Smoothie of his. Larry Dona was my Dr. for awhile, depending on my insurance at the time, ya know. He patched me up several times, mostly self inflicted stuff.

Most these guys are in a better place. I doubt I'll ever see them again.
 f~ Steve
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, Rollie Hisland, stunt grunt or not, was one great gentleman who often helped me work through some really low peaks in my valleys of life.  I was single, new to the Tacoma Seattle area and he was always there for me and so many of the rest of us.

If you needed some one  that would just listen to you and his advice on both life and modeling, Rollie man was an amazing friend.

Although a "speed-deeemon" and not a stunt grunt......He helped so many of us stunt flyers work out our engine, fuel, tank, glow plug, and engine performances.

He was truly the MODEL ENGINE DOCTOR of the NW.

Speaking of Doctors...
Yes, Doc Dona helped me and my young wife and kids get through some pretty difficult times, especially when we were sadly under insured, as most outside sales jobs I had in those early days.
  Although some didn't like his fatherly bedside manner...he was always bluntly honest and caring and when we needed medical help, best of all,  he always knew exactly the best specialists that could provide the expertise that his patients needed.

I have a slide that I took of his very young son....holding his daddy  Doc's beautifully crafted semi-scale model at the Eugene Ore. contest.

When he passed.....I COULD NOT BELIEVE THE LEGIONS of human beings that attended his memorial. It looked like the entire Tacoma Seattle area had turned out.

HE TRULY MADE A PROFOUND  DIFFERENCE IN SO MANY LIVES!

"Charlie"
What a tragic story that was as sad then as it is today...with so many of our country's  best, giving their lives..simply for our leaders of the past, as well as their miss guided    beliefs that everyone deserves our western world concepts on the rest of the world.....
NOW IRAQ! (I promised I would cuss' policies or pollytickin' f~ n~
Like the song says: "When will we EVER learn." Sadly seems like we will NEVER learn.

That brings me to  Chuck and the tragic loss of him son Charlie!!!

Gene Matheny...of Portland, was single....when I knew him and stayed with his invalid mother for most of his life. I thought he remained single? Maybe not?
His model building and stunt flying expertise were so paramount in both Tim Dunlop and me...
when I lived in Portland  Oregon. He helped Tim and I develop our model finishing skills and always was available to help us with our "lifting fillets and blushin-paint peelin paint jobs?  y1
Jim Parson....my wife and I loved that panoramic view of the Kent Valley from his beautiful home and observation deck.
Jim could see our flying site at the Space Center from his deck. Like clock work....Jim would show up to my "stoogie-practice sessions" out of no where.

Truth is...he would look through his spotting scope...see who was flying, and within 3 minutes..he would show up and offer his help and seemingly endless supply of new plugs, fuel, props, and best of all...his VERY SOBERING AND HONEST ADVICE...

about my errors in flying, from MY DOUBLE D'S on my both my vertical and Horz. 8's.

He had a very good eye memory for not only seeing mistakes...but also could convey them to you.....virtually before my old Sting Rays, Avengers, or that ol' Super Chipmunk even stopped rolling after a botched landing approach.  n1

STEVE, GOD KNOWS WE ARE ALL FALLEN CREATURES...and because of his promises...

I have little or no doubt that we'll both see them again when its time for our golden chariot ride in da mornin'LORD!"
So keep the faith...and keep lookin' up. Surely these guys must be lookin down and laughin at our mortal ways...n' woes.

I choose to remember this:

'THEY ARE NO MISTAKES...JUST LESSONS TO BE LEARNED"
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 12:44:28 PM by Robert Storick »
Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2006, 12:03:48 PM »
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, Rollie Hisland, stunt grunt or not, was one great gentleman who often helped me work through some really low peaks in my valleys of life.  I was single, new to the Tacoma Seattle area and he was always there for me and so many of the rest of us.

If you needed some one  that would just listen to you and his advice on both life and modeling, Rollie man was an amazing friend.

Although a "speed-deeemon" and not a stunt grunt......He helped so many of us stunt flyers work out our engine, fuel, tank, glow plug, and engine performances.

He was truly the MODEL ENGINE DOCTOR of the NW.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I HAVE ONLY ONE PHOTO OF ROLLIEMAN!
There he is on the left...I would never have taken home that 1st place hardware that day, without his help earlier during my first test flight.

Rollie walked over to me...while I was fussin'-fummin' over my sick runnin beloved ol Merco 35.
 He leaned overand handed me a brand new Fox Idle bar plug and said...

"Hey Smotzie.....this oughtta' work for ya. TRUST ME!"

Gads...UGLY HATS WERE THE RAGE, IN THOSE DAYS... (Hey Steve!!!! be my brain again...who is that gent...handing me that hardware..that should have gone to Gene Matheny or Tim Dunlop of Portland.
The young black man on the right? Is that our DYNA JET guy that flew a dynajet powered Shark...(again, if it hadn't been for Rollie's help. that Dyna jet stunter would have never happened. Rollie made a tank that was finally successful, that would allow a full stunt pattern. (talk about one loud heavy-hard to fly stunt model..WOW! That young man must have been one great stunt-grunt to keep that heavy stunter flying...besides keeping the engine running.
Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2006, 12:11:24 PM »
GADS! LOOK AT THOSE PURTY WHITE PANTS N' SHOES!" **)

I can still hear Rollie yelling at me....right after this shot was taken!

"HEY NURSE!!!! MY BACK IS KILLIN' ME...GOT ANY PAIN PILLS IN YER POCKET?"
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 02:50:54 PM »
Man, was Bob Parker ever that young? I've known "Bloody" Bob for quite awhile. Ask him sometime about his carrier days.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2006, 12:14:01 PM »
Man, was Bob Parker ever that young? I've known "Bloody" Bob for quite awhile. Ask him sometime about his carrier days.
------------------------------------------GARY, WHERE ARE THE KEYS??--------------------------------

As you can see...Parker can not communicate until Gary Letsinger finds the keys that bind this poor soul. Perhaps??? Then he will share his carrier days? ~^
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2006, 08:14:40 PM »
That's the Bob I know.

Addressing the topic; probably the most influential person in my stunt life was Bill Mayo. He was my cousin and got me started in all this in the first place. Long story on how that happened, but he influenced me enormously. He was a meticulous builder and very good flyer. He watched me build my first couple of planes and was quick to point out when it wasn't good enough or something wasn't right. He went with my parents to the hobby shop to select the wood, engine, wheels, tank and various bits and piece, even glue, for my first real stunter; a Coyote. Got the stuff for my birthday.

He died about 8 years ago after a long illness and I miss him something fierce.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2007, 12:57:59 PM »
I think all of the bulders and flyers in the nortwest influenced my building and flying just by being my friends. Ben Madson, Shultzie. Ed Knutson,Tim Dunlap. Ted Fancher, Bob Emmet, My  main friend was Gene Matheney, He  showed me how to build tanks and brush dope.How to mix fuel, prime my engine and I showed him that the ureely was not a good stunt handle. When I first met Gene he did not know the pattern. I taught him the pattern and we put in a lot of training session at Delta Park. He took his ureely and cut the handle off and made a stunt handle with it. I liked it  so much that I aked him to do mine. These people were all impotant to me! I think of all the good times that I had and still have with these People and I think I am the luckiest guy in the world.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here