News:

• May 02, 2024, 05:45:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Shultzies Arctic Fox  (Read 3796 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Shultzies Arctic Fox
« on: August 09, 2008, 10:31:46 AM »
Seeing I gave Shultzie a new set of Arctic Fox Plans he should have it built by now. So where is it Shultzie or is this plane to complicated for you? HB~> HB~>
PS The plans are drawn for counterclockwise flying.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 02:58:19 PM by Leo Mehl »

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
Re: Shultzies Arctic Fox
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 06:08:10 PM »
Seeing I gave Shultzie a new set of Arctic Fox Plans he should have it built by now. So where is it Shultzie or is this plane to complicated for you? HB~> HB~>
PS The plans are drawn for counterclockwise flying.
I thought this might get a rise out of Shultzie or Maybe Just Maybe he is again out flying Kites. In any case this was meant to get him rilled up But if he is playing with kites again he hasn't got time to give me a bad Time so am Going to get my likes in while I can. Buld it and put a Enya 35 in it or  Fox 35, We all have one of those lying around. OR MAYBE he died. Any clues? HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~>

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 09:38:26 PM »
Hi Leo,  I have tried and tried to download the electronic plans you sent to a disc, but, to no avail.  So is there a way to get a paper copy.  I will gladly pay for plans and postage/handling.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Wynn Robins

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 10:14:00 PM »
Hey Doc,

Give me your address - I'll send you a copy - all the way from New Zealand

Wynn
In the battle of airplane versus ground, the ground is yet to lose

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 09:01:43 PM »
I thought this might get a rise out of Shultzie or Maybe Just Maybe he is again out flying Kites. In any case this was meant to get him rilled up But if he is playing with kites again he hasn't got time to give me a bad Time so am Going to get my likes in while I can. Buld it and put a Enya 35 in it or  Fox 35, We all have one of those lying around. OR MAYBE he died. Any clues? HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~>
We had a little problemo with Comcast......we had a KANSAS-IOWA GULLY WASHER come through here in Gig Haaaaaaaaaaaba and we were without cable for a couple of days.
I have your beautiful plans up on the wall of my studio....and in truth, they are so darned beautiful and well done, I haven't taken them off the wall to make a copy for cuttin and whittle dittlin'....but build a NEW AIRPLANE? ME??? My right hand is still giving me a bunch of pain and agony and have to go back in for another look see with the surgeon..BUT THIS TIME...I THINK I NEED TO ASK FOR A MONEY BACK WARRENTY ON ANY UPCOMING WHACK JOB!

I did go out to the Pudy Spit and do a little kite flying with a kite buddy at low tide the other day...
attached are three photos...
The wind was virtually dead calm. Steve was flying his Quad Revolution...and I was flying my Shadow in air that was changing directions every few minutes.
The last shot looks pretty bad...but while waiting for the wind to pick up I found a piece of old drift wood that LOOKED EXACTLY LIKE AND OLD PEACE PIPE..(even had a little hole running down the middle of it..
Steve took a piece of twig...set it on fire...AND I TRIED LIKE HELL IN A HEN BASKET TO SMOKE IT...
BUT...TRUST ME BUT HAIL' BROTHA'S N' SISTA'S ..."I DIDN'T INHALE!!!!"
Don Shultz

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 09:07:22 PM »
OH YEH....
Although I didn't get high on that seaweed soaked pipe...I did manage to get ALOFT with a few left over balloons.
attached is a photo of me....FLYIN HIGHER THAN ANY OF MY KITES OR OLD STUNT MODELS...
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 05:05:08 PM »
OH YEH....
Although I didn't get high on that seaweed soaked pipe...I did manage to get ALOFT with a few left over balloons.
attached is a photo of me....FLYIN HIGHER THAN ANY OF MY KITES OR OLD STUNT MODELS...
Shultzie, You been flyin high every since I first met you. As far as building, the hand is no excuse. I know this RC flyer with 1 arm that builds his own planes. If ya need a short kit I can get ya one. Thats what pals are for. Keep flyin high  my Man. S?P S?P S?P S?P HB~>

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 02:07:56 PM »

I did go out to the Pudy Spit and do a little kite flying with a kite buddy at low tide the other day...
attached are three photos...
The wind was virtually dead calm. Steve was flying his Quad Revolution...and I was flying my Shadow in air that was changing directions every few minutes.
The last shot looks pretty bad...but while waiting for the wind to pick up I found a piece of old drift wood that LOOKED EXACTLY LIKE AND OLD PEACE PIPE..(even had a little hole running down the middle of it..
Steve took a piece of twig...set it on fire...AND I TRIED LIKE HELL IN A HEN BASKET TO SMOKE IT...
BUT...TRUST ME BUT HAIL' BROTHA'S N' SISTA'S ..."I DIDN'T INHALE!!!!"
[/quote]

I to fly Kites.  It's a great combination.  If the wind is up I fly the kite -- If not I fly the Ringmaster.   The kite I own in the one on the left - Yellow & blue.  No that is not me holding the kite  - I was born 1940.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 12:51:23 PM »
A couple of really great lookin Griffin Kites!!! Great color combos.  What a visual combination your Great-Griffins would  make flying in a stack of two on one set of lines.

Years ago....one of my Boeing kite buds and his wife flew "Pairs Choro" with Griffins kites at the Longbeach Wa. kite festival.

Actually these kites were manufactured quite a few years ago and were the rage around the mid 1990's?
Not to vurry...time flys when were having fun anyhooooo,huh?  LL~
Don Shultz

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 01:08:54 PM »
A couple of really great lookin Griffin Kites!!! Great color combos.  What a visual combination your Great-Griffins would  make flying in a stack of two on one set of lines.

Years ago....one of my Boeing kite buds and his wife flew "Pairs Choro" with Griffins kites at the Longbeach Wa. kite festival.

Actually these kites were manufactured quite a few years ago and were the rage around the mid 1990's?
Not to vurry...time flys when were having fun anyhooooo,huh?  LL~

Believe it or not the Griffins are still for sale.  See: http://www.foreverflying.com/griffin.html

I must admit mine is 10 years old but unlike my Ringmaster it is crash proof!!!!  n~

The thing I like about the Griffin is it is noisy and heavy pull.  All of us control line fliers like noise and pull.  LL~
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 03:05:57 PM »
The only place to fly an Arctic Fox would be in McMinnville, OR. They have an Arctic Circle there. Actually, I think the spelling is "Artic", maybe. It's a chain of Drive-In Hamburger joints...not sure how widespread they are, or were, but they seem to be shrinking. The one in Kent is gone now. Danny Dirt claims to have grown up at the one in Yakima, which may 'splain something or t'other. Pullman had an A&W and a "Burgerville"...the latter was not a chain, and apparently not related to the current chain by the same name. The Burgerville in Pullman is now an espresso stand.  :'(  Steve
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 09:49:28 PM by Steve Helmick »
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 05:25:33 PM »
The ony place to fly an Arctic Fox would be in McMinnville, OR. They have an Arctic Circle there. Actually, I think the spelling is "Artic", maybe. It's a chain of Drive-In Hamburger joints...not sure how widespread they are, or were, but they seem to be shrinking. The one in Kent is gone now. Danny Dirt claims to have grown up at the one in Yakima, which may 'splain something or t'other. Pullman had an A&W and a "Burgerville"...the latter was not a chain, and apparently not related to the current chain by the same name. The Burgerville in Pullman is now an espresso stand.  :'(  Steve
Alas, they moved my lifeline Dairy Queen on 82nd And Siskyou. Now every time my wife is gone for a few days I get to eat my own cookin. Thats revotin! HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> mw~

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 08:45:30 PM »
there is an artic circle in spokane,, the expresso stand here in pullman that used to be the burgerville closed, something about the building sluffing down the side of the hill,,,,,
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Scott B. Riese

• AMA Member
  • Captain
  • Just a student of stunt
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 04:21:30 PM »
ANYTHING witrh an expresso stand YOU are there TWICE a day...........FU FU
Scott Riese
Portland, Oregon
AMA 528301

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 10:19:56 PM »
Scott, the worst part about it being closed now is that it was on the way to work every morning, what a drag, ,now I have to go the long way around to flirt with the,, I mean get my coffee,,
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 06:59:25 PM »
>>y right hand is still giving me a bunch of pain and agony and have to go back in for another look see with the surgeon<<

Whine, whine, whine. Donnie should be building.   ;D
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 09:41:20 AM »
>>y right hand is still giving me a bunch of pain and agony and have to go back in for another look see with the surgeon<<

Whine, whine, whine. Donnie should be building.   ;D

It would appear after my last visit to my semi-gifted sawbones Doc....his sawboney hands are about as lame as my right hand is now. Amazing how much the nerves in my right hand have reduced my doodles..to mear scrawls. HB~>
Randy, you are right...WHINE, WHINE n' WHINE....I am not going to hold my breath, but it looks like its about time to start giving art lessons again...so that I can plunk down some $$$ for a ARF model, huh? :'( LL~
Don Shultz

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 10:04:35 PM »
Don...did you get any PT for your hand after the operation? I did, and enjoyed it quite a lot. A cute young therapist would dunk my hand in melted parafin, wrap it in a towel and in hot pads. Felt great, with a nice view to boot. Then, she'd remove the parafin and such, and massage my hand soooooo nice! Yeah, I was supposed to do that myself, too, but you know how that goes. My insurance was good for a certain number of visits, and I took every one of 'em...recommended! Besides, I think it actually helped my hand.  LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 10:14:21 AM »
Don...did you get any PT for your hand after the operation? I did, and enjoyed it quite a lot. A cute young therapist would dunk my hand in melted parafin, wrap it in a towel and in hot pads. Felt great, with a nice view to boot. Then, she'd remove the parafin and such, and massage my hand soooooo nice! Yeah, I was supposed to do that myself, too, but you know how that goes. My insurance was good for a certain number of visits, and I took every one of 'em...recommended! Besides, I think it actually helped my hand.  LL~ Steve
That'l never fly LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ HB~>

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 03:24:57 PM »
Steve.....
Uhhhhh? I remember a pretty young lady who lived in the same apt. house where I lived on NW Flanders hippie neighborhood in Portland years ago...who enjoyed having me drip hot candle wax onto her----------------! OOOPS! Perhaps that is an aquired rough love thang? ~^ LL~ VD~ H^^
Don Shultz

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 10:21:49 PM »
Geez, Don...you're a sicko...proud to know you, my man... VD~ Steve

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 10:28:51 PM »
I knew I liked you for a reason Don!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 04:31:05 PM »
Mark...Steve...Leo and gang!
"Birds of a featha'......not to change the subject...(good idea perhaps) that reminds me of a wind tunnel test that we conducted for a group of weirdo Phantom Works aerodynamical' wizards...that were testing a wing & flap configuration...that actually had a surface that was coated with "Turkey feathers" that were imbedded in rows that could be lifted with a blow up bladder configuration that we ran at the UofW lowspeed wind tunnel.
Talk about a difficult task that was....attaching all those teenie-weeeeeeeenie tygon blow tubes that were connected to a main flexible spine that ran the full length of the wing and flaps.
After a week of plunking turkey feathers...we no longer had a taste for roast turkey sandwiches.
Sad thing however was that they "gassed" the poor  innocent turkeys....in order to keep the feathers as undamaged or ruffled...and skuffled. LL~ LL~ H^^
Don Shultz

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 09:05:03 PM »
I always thought Don had been "gassed" recently. Wot a turkey! No second opinion needed, Don, except about your gimpy hand... S?P Steve

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 09:00:07 PM »
I always thought Don had been "gassed" recently. Wot a turkey! No second opinion needed, Don, except about your gimpy hand... S?P Steve
Hey Gang...
tell me bout the this week end at the gathering of stunt grunt eagles? Friday night I was asked to attend the P U allup' fair and sit in with my old Boeing Dance Band group. "Touch of Class" and had to stick around to sell my old 99 Infinti with 198,8997 miles on it...took the bucks down to the VW dealer put it toward  a newer old Jetta 2.0t for my beloved to drive to her work.
Nice looking and driving Bug...but in noooooooooooooooo way shape or form on the quality and touch of Class that that old 10 year old G-20.
A lot has changed since I owned a  brand new 62 VW beetle bomb and then got married in 70 with another brand new beeeetle-bomber. Here we are a decades later and back to VW's again LL~ LL~
Don Shultz

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008, 07:57:51 PM »
No. You had to be there!  y1

Welllll, ok. Leo cut his flippin' finger (THAT flippin' finger). Howard broke his (glass) fuel overflow catch bottle. Mark did ok with his electron powered Brodak P-40ARF in Profile Stunt and won Intermediate, plus won the Hi-Point "Crock Pot" Award ($155.29), courtesy of Gem Patterson, niece of the late "Crock" R.F. Stevenson. But it was windy. Motels are cheap, food fairly reasonable. All the essential goods and services are close by. And it was windy, at least after the fog burned off about noon Saturday (OTS and Classic got calm conditions).

Sunday was breezy from the git-go, and got worse. Randy put up his usual one official and left. Paul flew his Electronic ImpAct into 1st. Howard flew his carbon fueled ImpAct with the cubist paint scheme into 2nd, with a potentially winning flight...but for a mediocre OH8. I looked at the score sheets, and I thought they were too kind on the OH8, and I was standing behind them, watching. The rest was spectacular...as was the Meany's flight. LL~

Pete Peterson (new Jaimison) won OTS with Mike Haverly 2nd (old Barnstormer), but they were the only entries.
Pat Johnston won Classic with his Shark .35 (OS .46LA!). Bruce Hunt flew his Southwick Lark (OS .46LA!) effectively, and I suspect he placed 2nd. I was one of the Classic judges, so couldn't look at the scoreboard, and then got really busy. I think D.Dirt won Profile Stunt with his new PIPED .21FP "Wimpact". It really flew quite well, and a whole lot better than the Dirtmobile Flite Streak ARF.

I flew 4 flights in two events, no test/practise flights, which makes 8 flights for this year to date. Last Fall, I bought Mike Haverly's "KISS" (or "Profile Centennial", as I like to call it). But it's really a Fancherized Twister with a Magnum XLS .36. Flew it 3 or 4 flights last Fall.  Hey, here's the pics I took of it with Jack Pitcher's "Centennial". Jack was kind enough to let me put it near his model (temporarily) this weekend. So, I'm still trimming it, with a list of experiments to go, including a new tank, control ratio change, LO's, etc. Leo got to see me fly, finally. It's not like he has been missing much, but I kinda had fun, plus some serious puckering moments in the wind. I think this was my second Stunt contest ever, tho I flew tons of contests in a variety of other events. It's like brand new, tho...nervous. Had to remember which tricks to do, count laps....who has time to watch the wind direction? Lots to learn...and maybe some Free Flight tricks to bring to the event.  But don't hold your breath!

Plan on flying Saturday at Tacoma Narrows Airport, given decent weather...   010! Steve

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2008, 08:31:50 PM »
decent report Steve,,, I may add a couple things for old
Shultzie though
highlights from my side of the fence. Saturday I really flew better than I think I have in the past. finished third in profile suprisingly since there were no division of classes all flew together.Ok so some great pilots had some problems but , the record shows,,,,,,,

BUT the real highlight for me, two of them,first, I finally got my electric stunter airborne friday, and with four flights on it, and some help from trim advice, thanks Paul! It was flying pretty darn well. Still room for improvement on trim, and I am not thrilled about the prop, but its functioning and well I may add. plus, its nice not to have to carry anything to the ready line except the plane. However I do need to work on my flying, I can really hear the ooohhss and awwwws as I fly,, but they are always where I get close to the ground or really blow it,, its way quiet and you can even hear the chuckles under Leos breath,,,, sigh,,
second thing, Jessica, my 15 YO step daughter flew a bunch this weekend, did her first outside loops, her first consecutive inside loops, her first wingovers oh and her first lawn dart,, Thanks to Dan, she got to fly in beginner for her first contest. Unfortunatly she made a small mistake that resulted in the demise of the Dirtmobile,, so very sorry Dan . Oh and I forgot to mention that she got to play combat with Jeff Rein and others. just one flight and several props but considering shes only had a total of 15 or 16 flights in her short learning curve  of flying, she showed no fear and was trying her hardest to snag Jeffs streamer, got a couple cuts to I may add! and the grin on her face OMG it was priceless. Many thanks to all the guys at the contest, (and wives) that made it a point to bolster her saggin spirits after her fatefull flight, or uh, crash? On the way home she was talking about how much she needed to practice to be ready for Fall follies,,
guys I couldnot be happier,,
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 10:20:48 AM »
SUPA THANKS! Worthiest Grunts...STEVE n' Mark...for my stunt model fix for today....about last week ends FWF..."Flying Wind Fest" 

I will FOREVER, IN THIS LIFE TIME...always remember Stevenson that habitually "Whaaada crock" words and just how much he loved our hobby-sport addiction.
 Speaking of ADDICTION..
 I can think of few model addicted souls who loved-lived and breathed control line stuff more than this dedicated R&rounder?

Years ago....after a funny fly session at Carkeek park...

Steve invited a bunch of us over to his over-flowing model infested home...(that out shelved just about any retail hobby shop in the nation at that time) and I still wonder today just how many of us were helped and  truly blessed by Steve's generousity.

Soooooooooo many times I can recall, not only me...but other R&rounders could alway bank on Steve to come up with some hard to find model part that was totally UNAVAILBLE anywhere else in NW Wa. or the ENTIRE NATIION (for that matter)
 Wow! What memories that JOGGLES UP? LL~
 that the first time I met Steve and heard that "Whadda Crock" expression.
 It was a that little teenie, but stuffed to the walls GREEN LAKE HOBBY SHOP?  BW@

(Any one lurking that is OLD ENOUGH to remember than little shop with BIGGEST HEART AND SOUL...that was the ALPA-OMEGA-MECCA shop for the tattered model junkie in those early daze-days???

How many of us remember Steves other blessed expression, when he would hand us that "hard to find model part from his collection--------- "WHAAADA CROCK!" "YA JUST GOTTA HAVE MORE THAN ONE OF DEE'S!" (these)

Again Steve... POSO-LUTEEEE' BEAUTIFUL BLUE STUNT MODEL PHOTOS!!!
Mark....great photos and congrats to your beloved offspring for her support in your addiction to modeling and flying.

Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2008, 09:58:54 AM »
Im tellin Ya better go to the hobby shop and buy some wood and get to buildin and put a Enya 30 in the A Fox and get out and fly with the boys.I know ya can do it. I suspect you dont want to mess the house up but you have paid your dues. Give it a try,Ya Might like it. HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> mw~

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2009, 12:27:28 AM »
Will it ever work, Leo? Will Donaldo, the worlds hottest artist of the airbrush and handle, give up the siren song of the RTF kite and resume the dance of the handcrafted, powered air-sheen?
Chris... 

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2009, 10:27:19 AM »
Will it ever work, Leo? Will Donaldo, the worlds hottest artist of the airbrush and handle, give up the siren song of the RTF kite and resume the dance of the handcrafted, powered air-sheen?
Chris... 
Thanks for the kind words Chris...
Actually I can still use the airbrush..but the use of a scaple to control the precise outlines on the thin mylar and frisket maskings...is quite another difficult,fustrating task.

I am left with such little feeling in my right hand, it seems virtually impossible for me  to control just how much pressure that is needed so that damned scaple handle in order to control the depth of the cuts. I find myself using my LEFT PAW...more and more every day.

OOOPS! GANG!!!STAY WITH ME! THE STARBUCKS JAVA is just now reaching my left lobe!
FOR EXAMPLE!!!!
Give this some thought? I should take up a new style of scribbling.  Called "Impressionistic Loonietoonizzum", then start building stunt models in a new VINTAGE CLASSICAL SPECIAL OLYMPICAL STUNT EVENT designed especially for lame old stunt grunts who have lost most of their stunt-facilities.... Perhaps we could name this new event for lameolddo's---

"IMPRESSIONISUMZISSUM-NERDOCLASSICAL GIMPSTUNT"

This event rules would DICTATE that the models will be judged on NOT just how beautiful they look and fly...but JUDGED IN HOW UGLY AND POORLY THEY FLY.

The winner who can perform the SLOPPIEST, BUGGLIEST' PATTERN and then and only THEN..that gimpo modeler will be awarded those coveted extra PATTERN POINTS by dead sticking their buggliest model up to the top overhead center of the circle..
until that model loses all forward momentum.
 Then and ONLY THEN the pilot will be given pattern points if their model either floats down into the hands of the flyer.
Last of all: ( GADS, I hope so) for even the more handicapped of competitors can be given another choice for landing points .
That poorly deprave-deprived pilot can earn those golden bogus bonus points by simply after performing their buggly pattern...
power that model  up and over the top of the circle...perform a FULL SCREAMIN ENGINE POWERED DIVE....NOSE FIRST...STRAIGHT INTO  TAPED OFF BIG RED X  TARGET that is laid out on the tarmac.

The judging staff will count either the number of crashed model parts...OR simply tape measure off the distance of the models impact zone.... OR to the model part that lands the farest' away from that impact zone will also gain ANOTHER EXTRA 2 POINTS.

My dearly adopted son Chris: See just how far my demented mind has taken hold of me this morning?
WITH THIS:
WELCOME ABOARD THIS MORN...DOOTY & MADSEN GRUNTS!Captain HOWARD Lynn DOOTY of Tacoma Wa. and if he and BEN MADSEN do not reply..
lets FLOOD Captain Dooty with E mails until they both register and sign into SPARKY'S PLACE?
Howdy2@comcast.net

I promise to share with one and all...the score sheet from one of  Lynn's most famous big firsst place win.
Lynn...I can't remember? Did you and Ben have a FLY OFF..for that tie for first place or did they use the highest score from both your first qualifing flights of that First Tacoma Mall contest waaay back in the early 60's?
Don Shultz

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2009, 08:38:56 PM »
Don...I'm pretty sure the rulebook says that the highest score on the other flight wins. Except in Canadah, where they resort to glowplug distance spitting. I kinda prefer the Canadan method. (sic, sic, sic)

So, like what year was that contest? I started my Excalibur in summer of '68 and finished it summer of '69, I think. Didn't think anybody was flying stunt in Seattle at the time. I lived on Queen Anne, and flew at Ft. Lawton (on the Parade Ground...no objections, either), Marymoor, and Sammamish HS. I don't know Doody. Or Diddley Squat. I did know a Joe Deady, but no Doody or Dooty, whichever is correct.   :-\  Steve

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2009, 09:40:30 PM »
That was still flying a funny looking twin tail Blue Nobler at that contest...The was the year before I went to the first Nats.....and our Tacoma Mall's first contest so I would think that year had to be 1966.
In Tacoma..our first choice was CHENEY STADIUM PARKING LOT. Then that little park in Lakewood that now is a skate park. (Where I first met Riley Wooten and George Lieb.

We flew almost every week end at that large Park waaaaaaaaay out South on Pacific Ave..
 In Seattle... Carkeek Park was always the firstchoice, because we would meet at that little hobby shop a Greenlake....and in the Plant 2 Boeing Parking lot. In south seattle we flew in Burien at the High School ball fields.
In
Yes...That is HOWARD Lynn DOOTY! Lynn is my age...70 and Ben is 72 (both started flying Jim Walker Fireballs n'Babys...when they were babies.. LL~
HE TAUGHT SOOOO MANY  FOLKS TO FLY CONTROL LINE...including the gifted builder and flyer Edward Knutson.
Don Shultz

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2009, 09:14:57 PM »
"Then that little park in Lakewood that now is a skate park. (Where I first met Riley Wooten and George Lieb)."

What were Riley & George doing in Lakewood? I met Riley at the Bladder Grabber a few years ago...the one that was billed as "The Last Bladder Grabber"...which may be the case, it seems. I had traded a few emails with Riley about his "Slick Stunt Ship", which I heard from GMA was actually named "Lonestar", I think. Anyway, I went up to him when he was alone and introduced myself, and said that I had thought he'd be taller...which was kinda funny, since he's pushing 6'6". I really thought he'd be about 5'8", but it just goes to show ya, you never know what to expect. VERY nice fella, tho. The Mears clan was all there, too. Those ol' guys can start a Nelson just as good as a Johnson CS, it turns out.

But hey, we went out to TNA this morning, and there was no Schultzie sightings made. No Randy sightings, neither.  The Freedom is flying better, the Venus was CG Shifted, and I had the Profile Centennial along for you to fly. I flew it a few times for you, to warm it up for your usual late arrival. Had leadout cable for Randy, too, but he was busy shovelling out the barn, ya know. Wot a NICE day!!!!!!! And no FOG!   ~> Steve

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2009, 10:36:48 PM »
WOW!
Sorry Steve, Mike, n gang...It was my son's birthday...we had a house full of my son Ryan's friends..my daughter Joy and her husband. 

When I got back from the store mentioned you dedicated grunts CALLED ME that all you dedicated CLPA junkies...were out bravin' the sunny cool air.
Bye the time the party broke up around 3 in the afternoon, I thought everyone would have been dialed in for Tucson.

WOW! STEVE...YOU ARE MY MAIN MAN... BW@
TO THINK THAT YOU WOULD EVEN BEGIN TO TRUST ME TO TAKE A RIDE ON THE WILD SIDE WITH ONE OF YOUR MODELS......especially that nice  Centennial of yours?
Believe me..I AM NO WORTHY LL~

Hey brotha in paint fumes....Just think? You probably save that equipment that might not have survived this old kite-koots style n' profilin. 

gads....it seems like that might have been waaaay back around in 64 or so....when Riley heard the whine of our combat engines. He was visiting relatives...near Mike's home.
Too bad I didnt date these old slide mounts

Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here