News:

• May 02, 2024, 12:03:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rusty Brown  (Read 898 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Rusty Brown
« on: June 29, 2009, 11:44:34 AM »
Maybe I missed it.  I did a search and do not find where Rusty was ever named Stunt Grunt of the Day.  In actuality he should be named All Around Modeler of the Day.  I think he flew anything that had a set of lines on it.  I don't know how many NATS awards he has.  But, I know he was very helpful when ever you needed it.

The high light was when he asked my son to fly for him in Denver the first year we were there.  Needless to say they got first place.  He was one terrific pilot in the racing circles until the knees started going on him.  Never got to fly against him combat.  In Carrier he was always there pushing you for a win. 

I truly beleive stunt was his love from all the different planes he built and flew.  Especially in Old Time.  But, in reality you could not relax in any event he entered as he was going for first place.  He was also the first to congradulate you if you happen to beat him. 

Sure miss him alot.  Yes he did not have time for computors or forums.  He was too busy building and flying.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Re: Rusty Brown
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 05:37:21 PM »
Yes...Rusty Brown was truly an amazingly gifted modeler and made a huge difference to our world.
Perhaps an EMPTY SPACES forum heading should be included somewhere on SH but here is a link to stories and photos of Rusty on the General discussion board.

www.stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=11866.0

attached is one of my favorite photos that I saved...
Don Shultz

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Rusty Brown
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 07:25:39 AM »
Here's my favorite one of Rusty ... taken at one of the VSCs several years ago.
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here