News:

• April 27, 2024, 01:34:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PAUL TOPNESS..STUNTGRUNT OF THE DAY!!!  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
PAUL TOPNESS..STUNTGRUNT OF THE DAY!!!
« on: January 10, 2007, 03:54:34 PM »
Paul Topness was a fellow long time friend colleague at The Boeing Wind Tunnel.

A gifted Aerodynamics Engineer who truly was the Jack-n'-Paul of all trades during the days when I struggled with that black art of engine silencing--- without sacrificing power or fuel tank suction problems, that I was having with my Bob Wilder modified ST.40 light weight muffler's pressure tap location.

(I was experimenting with crankcase pumpers at the time.)

I would have moments  during windtunnel run times...to fret and doodle ideas on paper and often I would seek his advice on everything from my golf swing, trumpet playing, and stunt models.
It took him...all of about 30 seconds, looking over my shoulder to help me find the perfect spot to attach that pick up  pressure tap point. After that minor location change suggestion, what an improvement!!!
Paul was one of those kind of human beings that seem to help everyone...rise above their daily pains, n' workday stress. It was always great working with Paul.

I have been experimenting with a few new Google Picture program called "Picasa 2. and thought I would use Robert's website, just to check out its photo enhancement googleee's that I have so little knowledge about.
Here is a photo I made up for his retirement wwway back in 96!
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
Re: PAUL TOPNESS..STUNTGRUNT OF THE DAY!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 08:49:43 AM »
Don,

Hope you made it through the most recent blow. The ice is a little much.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here