News:

• April 26, 2024, 07:37:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My pick for stunt grunt  (Read 1666 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
My pick for stunt grunt
« on: November 13, 2006, 06:26:24 PM »
Back in the late 70's or early 80's there was this couple that would come to Sope Park to fly stunt.  This person would fly my plane thru the pattern and then tell me I need to fly stunt.  His beautiful wife would set in the lawn shair and do needle point or read a book while we were playing.  Anyway he talked me thru the complete pattern.   I could never talk him into competing.  The last I heard from this person was at the first Chickopee Nats in Massechusetts.  Him and his wife settled in Connecticutt.  His name if I remember right is David Addleman.  We used to keep in touch, but, I got lax in that department.  Later, DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Re: My pick for stunt grunt
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 03:03:33 PM »
Hey GRUNTS...
I couldn't find NUTTIN-ON MR. DAVID ADDLEMAN.
Please feel free to jump in with any info or photos...
Don Shultz

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 04:38:18 PM »
The old DOC here.  Dave was one of those individuals that was there when needed when it came time to run a contest or help with some problem at the flying field.  I could never talk him into competing.  He built and flew for the fun of it.  His models were always gorgeous and his flying I beleive could have been in the top three of any contest.  He was the influance I needed to fly stunt.  Later,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 10:21:30 PM »
The old DOC here.  Dave was one of those individuals that was there when needed when it came time to run a contest or help with some problem at the flying field.  I could never talk him into competing.  He built and flew for the fun of it.  His models were always gorgeous and his flying I beleive could have been in the top three of any contest.  He was the influance I needed to fly stunt.  Later,  DOC Holliday

-------------------------------Thanks John!---------------Nice comments, sounds like Dave truly deserves our STUNT-GRUNT OF THE DAY!

Don Shultz

Online James Lee

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 09:01:16 PM »
Doc
I remember him also!!  Been forever since I heard of him...  I think he was a Pampa member for awhile back when.  You are right in saying he was a very nice, helpful person.  Well done!!!
Later
Jim

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 11:43:52 AM »
Doc
I remember him also!!  Been forever since I heard of him...  I think he was a Pampa member for awhile back when.  You are right in saying he was a very nice, helpful person.  Well done!!!
Later
Jim
\

---------------Hey Grunts out there!!! Someone must have a photo of him? Dig it out and post it???  y1
Don Shultz

Online Dick Byron

• Vendor
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 06:16:42 AM »
I remember Dave. He did buy one of my first handles. He was in inspiration to many fliers.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here