News:

• May 10, 2024, 04:30:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My favorite stunt Grunts  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
My favorite stunt Grunts
« on: August 16, 2008, 11:19:58 AM »
Here is a pare of stunt grunts that are just there at the Puyallop contest. The good lookin one is Shultzie.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: My favorite stunt Grunts
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 10:09:51 PM »
Boy, Leo, I'm having a tough time figuring out which one is "the good looking one". S?P  Besides, it's Pulleypoop, and I thought surely you would have a picture of me posted. What up wit dat? See ya in Centralia next weekend? I know Howard will be there, and we're working on Schmaltzy.  n~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 11:50:36 AM »
That's "smiling Don" on the left. #^ y1 n1 D>K H^^ Man, he went and got olde. Like the rest of us.  LL~ LL~
Got old is right....and that young kiddie on my left? Hummm? I could have kicked the crap out of his cradle, huh? Hummm? Rushski' still is such a youngin!! LL~ LL~ H^^
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 02:11:15 PM »
Woe. Seems to me everyone is younger than me! Dang it anywho!!!!!?????@@@@@

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 06:04:05 PM »
Leo....

Great lookin' SHADES!!!! H^^
Don Shultz

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 10:24:55 PM »
Ty...I know both Donald and Howard...I just can't decide which is cuter. Both have a good (sick) sense of humor!  LL~

Thanks to the photog for cropping Leo's picture so much. Needs a bit more, tho.

See ya Saturday, Leo, Don, Randy and the other NW sicko's.  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 10:01:30 AM »
Ty...I know both Donald and Howard...I just can't decide which is cuter. Both have a good (sick) sense of humor!  LL~

Thanks to the photog for cropping Leo's picture so much. Needs a bit more, tho.

See ya Saturday, Leo, Don, Randy and the other NW sicko's.  H^^ Steve
Dom't know whether I will make it or not,  Dang it I wanted to see you fly. Who Knows? HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> H^^

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 03:29:47 PM »
Hey...
The latest rumor I just heard about n' hour ago...that PAUL WALKER has donated his WORLD CUP WILLY STUNTER for next week end and that EVERYONE ENTERED WILL HAVE TO FLY HIS BEAUTIFUL  MODEL FOR THEIR FIRST QUALIFING FLIGHTS? VD~ VD~ #^ LL~ LL~
Don Shultz

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 04:11:46 PM »
uh yeah right,, hes seen me fly I doubt it,,
although Jessica will be there, my 15 YO stepdaughter, she may be flying her first contest depending on how comfortable she feels maybe he will let her take a ride on it, whatcha think Shultzie?
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 09:32:45 PM »
uh yeah right,, hes seen me fly I doubt it,,
although Jessica will be there, my 15 YO stepdaughter, she may be flying her first contest depending on how comfortable she feels maybe he will let her take a ride on it, whatcha think Shultzie?
Just razzzin n'jazzin...trying to get a comment out of Walker **)LL~ LL~ %^ **) AP^ ~^!!!!!!!!
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 05:56:58 PM »
Hey Steve, It looks to me like I may be There to watch you fly so don't screw up. Your pal Leo HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~>

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 09:00:03 PM »
Leo...Way Cool! I'm almost ready, the truck's loaded. I'm getting loaded n~ ...naw, just kiddin'. Having a can with dinner, such as it is. You can be my coach, buddy. I do need one, that's obvious... y1 

Has anybody run a Magnum XLS .36 with an OS .46LA muffler? I'm about to do that...it's on there, right now...the plane's a tad tailheavy, I think...this should help. Signs of tailheavy: slows very quickly when the engine quits, but also lifts off too quickly on takeoff, without being nose-up. Hmmm? Also doesn't quite go where I want it to. Corner is not a problem, but sometimes the after-hop is. I'm using a Tom Morris handle with spacing at minimum.

The OS muffler weighs 84 grams while the stock one is around 50 (both from memory) . I may need to move the LO's forward about 1/8". The XLS .36 is VERY happy with the Thunder Tiger 11 x 4.5 prop. If you're running one, be sure to try that prop! Given time to experiment, I might also take off the green Bruline air filter. But I also need to dial in the fuel load. I guess I could just run it on the ground and get close. It should run longer on the ground, than in the air, huh? Maybe 15 seconds longer?  H^^ Steve

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here