News:

• April 27, 2024, 03:14:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lake Worth,FL C.L. oldtimers?  (Read 990 times)

Offline Doug Morris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Lake Worth,FL C.L. oldtimers?
« on: November 25, 2010, 07:07:41 PM »
  Hi guys in the Palm Beach area, Back in about 1976 or 77, I was working in Lake Worth on a big pipeline job. My name is Doug Morris buy the way and I'm from Jacksonville. I fly with the X47 bunch out of St.Augustine. Well , theirs a StatePark I think it's called Osborne ,Lake Osborne maybe, on Lake worth rd. The park had a C. L. flying site maintained by the State, . It's their where a small group of guys taught me how to fly, These guys were super nice and very good flyers. The problem is I don't remember any of there names, I just would like to know if any of them are still active, if so maybe we could hook up one of these days. This might help jog someones memory. While I was there the group started to organize we merged in with the local RC club, the Palm Beach Aero Country Club. We took the name but we were pretty much separate from the RC guys. I believe the Man that owned the Hobby Shop was the RC Club President at that time, However I don't remember his name either.  They were all good folks down there though I do remember that much. If this rings a bell with someone it would be great to here from you,all.  To the rest of you guys you should think about making the KING ORANGE ,I think it's gonna be great this year, and wait till you see our new flying site..
     Take care everyone
     Doug M. AMA 863718

Offline Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
Re: Lake Worth,FL C.L. oldtimers?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 09:31:05 AM »
Doug,
It's called John Prince Park, operated by Palm Beach County.
I can recall a few faces but no names.
I was actually there a few months ago, to check it out.
The area is open but no more planes. Since the guys stopped flying there years ago it has been designated, since about 2003, for "golf practice".
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here