News:

• May 06, 2024, 11:14:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: John Miske  (Read 1029 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
John Miske
« on: May 31, 2009, 07:30:24 AM »
I did a search on him and discovered he has never been named "STUNT GRUNT OF THE DAY".  He is the stunt grunt of Old Time Stunt and had help from the GSCB.  I requested a person that I thought that knew him better should post something about him here.  As has been noted in several posts he is having health problems.  Maybe a little recognition my help him come around a little faster.

The first Old Time plan I got was from him for the Bob Palmer Mars.  I think I met him at the Chickopee NATS where I tried to fly it in competition.  He seemed like a guy a person could spend a lot of time with.  I know pictures have been posted else where. 

Now lets hear more about this fine gentleman.   DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Re: John Miske
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 09:30:03 AM »
I did a search on him and discovered he has never been named "STUNT GRUNT OF THE DAY".  He is the stunt grunt of Old Time Stunt and had help from the GSCB.  I requested a person that I thought that knew him better should post something about him here.  As has been noted in several posts he is having health problems.  Maybe a little recognition my help him come around a little faster.

The first Old Time plan I got was from him for the Bob Palmer Mars.  I think I met him at the Chickopee NATS where I tried to fly it in competition.  He seemed like a guy a person could spend a lot of time with.  I know pictures have been posted else where.  

Now lets hear more about this fine gentleman.   DOC Holliday
Thanks Doc....I couldn't agree with you more. Let me repost those two borrowed photos from the post made by Tom in the other forum to remind folks to give a few stories about John.
Don Shultz

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 02:58:29 PM »
When I saw John was on the ballot for PAMPA HO last go arround my reaction was (cleaned up) you kidding me, he should hav ebeen there about 20 years ago!  OTS seems to be wildly populare, and when you mention John you are talking the eye of the storm, the burning bush!

THe HOF election was LONG LONG overdue recognition, as for Stunt Grunt of the day, indeed for all days - John is the man!  H^^  8)  BW@
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline tom hampshire

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 06:48:46 AM »
     I'd like to add something that only local NJ flyers know about John.  Despite all of the hype about OTS at present, and its popularity, there were quite a few years after it started when there wasn't much support.  I'm as guilty as any, was off chasing money and family during that time.  John should get at least as much credit for persistence as for invention.  He kept at it, with occasional help, for 15 or 20 years before it got to be popular outside of GSCB.  There were plenty of lean times.  So John, Here's at ya.  A diamond is a lump of coal that stayed on the job.  Tom H.

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 10:52:38 AM »
Doc,
Thanks for getting this thread going. When you sent me an email a few days ago, I started searching for this photo of John. I only recently scanned it from a photo that I still have.  My hard drive crashed, but I just found another place that I had saved it.
I was not able to find the original negative.

I took the picture at a GSCB contest in October 1992 or early '93 and then had an 11x17 print made. Over several months the border for the framed picture was signed by close to 100 people, and we then presented it to John. The picture hung in John's Hobby Shop until he retired. John still has the picture and it now hangs in his home. It was ironic that John quicky noted that the border had been signed by George Gaydos, who passed Sept. '93, just before we gave the picture to John.

Note: I have reduced the photo quality using photoshop to use on the forums, but I have it saveed in full quality if anyone wants it.

When John started Old Tyme Stunt as a fun club event, no one could have dreamed that it would be flown world wide.

We pray for John's quick recovery, and we should thank him everyday for his contribution to stunt.
AMA 7544

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 11:09:08 AM »
I just got off the phone with Elaine Miske.

John will be in rehab for who knows how long. They are still working to control his blood pressure and sugar levels. He is talking and recognizes people and is very thankful for the many many messages of concern, good will and prayers.

Elaine said that cards and letters can be sent to their home:

John Miske
33 Kirky Lane
Manchester, NJ, 78759-6677

John and Elaine have been together for a long time. She told me "John is my husband, but you know, he is such a nice guy"

AMA 7544

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here