News:

• May 04, 2024, 06:38:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: JIM MAYFIELD...WHERE OR WHERE ARE YOU!!!! THOSE WERE THE DAZE@  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
JIM MAYFIELD...WHERE OR WHERE ARE YOU!!!! THOSE WERE THE DAZE@
« on: November 16, 2007, 09:02:06 PM »
JIM MAYFIELD!!!
WHERE IN THE HECKITY DARN ARE YOU HANGIN...THESE DAYS?

Old Don the ol' toot exiled here in Gig Harbor Wa....has slides of your beautiful stunters from the mid 60 nats n' then some.
I hope to get my messed up scanner either replaced or fixed so that I can show them soon.

ANY ONE HAVE PHOTOS OF JIM OR HIS BEAUTIFUL CREATIVE STUNTERS and stories about JIM??? '
JUMP ON IN HERE AND LET'S ROAST HIM ON OLD STUNT GRUNT OF THE DAY...THANG?

It was on this scan of Roger Barrett's beautiful white PLAYBOY's horrifical' tarmac-mistake that not only shows one of the worst stunt model crashes ever that have ever seen...it was SOOO BAD THAT IT EVEN CRASHED MY SCANNER ON THIS SAME PHOTO...
ANY OF YOU PUTER-NERDALDO'S KNOW WHAT KIND OF ERROR CAUSED THIS STRIPE?
see attached photo?
Don Shultz

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
Re: JIM MAYFIELD...WHERE OR WHERE ARE YOU!!!! THOSE WERE THE DAZE@
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 11:57:55 PM »
Shultzie,
try the age old windows fix, uninstall it, then reinstall it. 90 percent of the time, this method of paying homage to the windows god of spitefull electrons will cure it. Have you offended the gods of windows recently byasking them to recognize new software? new hardware? is there any chance that your computer suspects that you were playing hanky panky with a macintosh or apple? This will surely throw them in a tizzy. My computer once became offended when I used my palm pilot to create a spreadsheet, it took, me a week to get it to beleive that the PP meant nothing to me, it was a passing fad. (psst do me a favor, dont tell my puter that I have a new case in the living room to build a new machine with ok, I dont need the hearache from her right now)
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 07:31:59 AM »
As stated, unplug everything and start from scratch again.  I tried for days to find/pull up instructions for non-stock radio in my Ford vehicle to no avail.  The wife gets on the machine and pulls up everything you ever wanted to know about the radio while I was on crossing duty.  This machine also decides it is not going to do anything for me and she has to take over.  You want me to send her out your way?  No way as then I could not get anything done on the machine.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 10:11:14 AM »
This morn. the Comcast guy came by to hook up our new DVD high def. recorder and he also does puter checks... He spent about 15 minutes of fiddlin on my printer and scanner and he couldn't erase my "racing stripe. Forwarded this print to Epson support and they told me it was time to buy a new all in one! "GOOD ANSWER HUH?" Typical huh?
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 10:54:19 AM »
This morn. the Comcast guy came by to hook up our new DVD high def. recorder and he also does puter checks... He spent about 15 minutes of fiddlin on my printer and scanner and he couldn't erase my "racing stripe. Forwarded this print to Epson support and they told me it was time to buy a new all in one! "GOOD ANSWER HUH?" Typical huh?

YA,try the install uninstal method or else don't be a cheap skate and buy a new one or send the slide to me and I will scan it. Mybe you p2222d your computer off. I swear they can here you're thinking. Go give it a big hug. HB~>

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 11:46:18 AM »
Thanks Leo...He did give it an uninstall and the re-installed it with the same results...Humm?
No big deal...it still works on some photos if I cropp out that bar that shows....and then re-pix' the size but so far changing the size hasn't changed things, except make the copy too large in size...and if I reduce the pix' size...the print is vastly too blurry on the smaller sized copies..\

Guess its.."CRAP IN...CRAP OUT CRAP N'ALLTHATJAZZ. LL~
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 11:59:43 AM »
Aren't computers fun? Nothing makes you more humble than a puter. When my folder wouldn't work right at work I would give it a kick. Most of the time i didn't work,but sometimes.....!!

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 03:00:46 PM »
Donaldo,
Picture it, 1968. SoCal, early morning. 67 Country Squire wagon with a sheet of ply across the reardeck, Dad's 68 Shark on top, Jim's Playboy underneath. I'm sleeping in the back seat, cold as can be as it is January. I awake to see nothing but snow through the windshield!
WHAT? is going on here?
Jim says, "Stay in the truck's tracks, Jerry" as they slip and slide along (no radials back then) behind the big rig through the Banning Pass (which isn't that high, but it was a heck of a storm). "I can't see!", says Dad. The wipers are full tilt, defroster not even coping. Jim asks me for the paper towels, wiping the windshield as we go. The truck is throwing heavy wet snow all over the car. If Dad hangs back, the snow is so deep the car starts slowing in the slush! Dad guns it back to the "draft" position. Wild.
We punch through to the desert and as the sun rises. The high desert seems unaffected. Jim tells of how the desert will look completely white for a moment. As if it is covered with snow. It doesn't, and I'm disapointed. But were going to a contest, so all is well.
Jim says the Southwest Regionals are the big thing, flying against the west's best. Dad complains bitterly of the cold (he hates cold, moved to Florida because California is too cold). It's windy too. The field is an old Luke AFB auxiliary airport laid out in a triangle with pavement made of 1 inch gravel minimum. My old two inch Perfect wheels on the Flying Clown were barely adequate.
Jim is unaffected, puts in a practice flight and is ready for anything. Gordy Delaney is there with Two Much, and Dad has the Shark. I don't remember who was where, or any other flyers except Bart was not there because he was in Viet Nam.
Jim's presence was cool, though. He seemed so up beat and ready to compete. He kept a positive outlook on the whole event, and coaxed me to try some loops with the Clown (if he only had known about the handling of it with the McCoy 19 on a 9x6 with 65 foot .015 lines on Dad's Hot Rod City brew of 1% nitro 30% castor and he'd have known better to try). He was slim and trim, just like his models.

I miss that guy. Hope he shows up someday.

Donaldo, I'll raid some more of Dad's albums this winter and get some pics of Jim's ships. I think there are pics of the Playboy and the Toronado in color.

Chris...   

« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 03:36:46 PM by Chris McMillin »

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 03:44:13 PM »
THANKS CHRIS..
hat was quite a story. U write with such illustrative humor......and thanks for posting that old Toro' of Jim's. Gads what a builder and flyer!
It would be great to see those old photos.

Anyone out there in cyberworld...have any Jim Mayfield photos and stories...JUMP ON IN HERE! H^^
Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here