News:

• April 27, 2024, 01:57:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jim Lee ought to be a STUNT GRUNT  (Read 2857 times)

Offline Steve Raney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Jim Lee ought to be a STUNT GRUNT
« on: December 05, 2007, 05:30:44 PM »
I think Jim Lee ought to be a stunt grunt. This pic was from out last September contest. The pic was taken by Elwyn Aud he is as all know fantistic with the camera.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Jim Lee ought to be a STUNT GRUNT
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 08:03:10 PM »
Thanks Steve,  I agree he should be a stunt grunt.  He has helped I don't know how many people including me.  Now if I would only listen to him.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 08:26:26 PM »
I think Jim Lee ought to be a stunt grunt. This pic was from out last September contest. The pic was taken by Elwyn Aud he is as all know fantistic with the camera.
Steve...
GOOD IDEA! HEY GANG! THROW OUT YOUR OWN STORIES ABOUT JIM AND DIG UP SOME PHOTOS..
Don Shultz

Offline Lee Thiel

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 08:55:51 PM »
Have only know Jim a few years, but I think he is a super guy.  He sure makes some much needed tool to keep us builders happy.  He is always fast to answer and help with our questions. Here is a shot from our TGD Contest is September this year flying his Primary Force.
LeeTGD
AMA791773CD

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 10:40:04 PM »
I'll try to post some more when i am more awake! LOL!!  But I will say that Jim Lee is one of the finest gentlemen I have ever met.  Bar none!  The times I have spent with Jim and Lila have always been outstanding!

As to giving help, he is also unequaled.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Joe Gilbert

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 01:08:25 AM »
Bill you are so right. Jim and Lila are great. And if you go to one on Jim's stunt clinic pay attention ,you will learn something. If you see him drag out his planes you better fly real good because he sure will.
Joe Gilbert

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 09:23:27 AM »
Bill you are so right. Jim and Lila are great. And if you go to one on Jim's stunt clinic pay attention ,you will learn something. If you see him drag out his planes you better fly real good because he sure will.

Hi Brother Joe,

I *think* I saw Jim fly the Sunflyer at the '93 NATS for the first time.  He's still winning with it, isn't he?? ;D 
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 09:25:53 AM »
When Todd isn't around Jim wins with almost anything he gets his hands on.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline catdaddy

• catdaddy
  • AMA Member
  • Commander
  • The Dude Abides
    • Tulsa Gluedobber Control Line Club
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 04:13:20 PM »
Have only know Jim a few years, but I think he is a super guy.  He sure makes some much needed tool to keep us builders happy.  He is always fast to answer and help with our questions. Here is a shot from our TGD Contest is September this year flying his Primary Force.
LeeTGD

Hey Lee
That's the Wichita contest. Elwyn took that photo from the tall embankment on the south side of the beginner/intermediate circle.
regards,
Rick"catdaddy"Blankenship

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 06:52:32 PM »
About all I can ad to what has already been said is WHEN JIM SPEAKS I LISTEN. He has forgotten more than I will ever know about control line. He is also one of the few guys I know who can pick up the handle to about any plane and put in a barn burner flight. Switch planes, and do it again. Doesn't matter if it's old time, profile, or Pampa, he just goes out and does it. Jim and Lila have given alot to the hobby, and are just two very nice people to know.
Jim Kraft

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 12:18:10 AM »
Great photos of Jim Lee by Elwyn Aud.....Thanks for keeping these stories coming.
Don Shultz

Offline James Lee

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 03:12:01 PM »
All  -  I just want to thank you for all the kind words   y1   y1   We have always approached this hobby as a lot of fun with some of the most wonderful people in the world.  And as a side note to Schultzie, I still have one of his original drawings on the shop wall that he sent in reply to a question from an unknown fella from Kansas that he sent MANY years ago... 
 And Jim K I would like to remember some of that stuff I've forgotten also  LL~  LL~   LL~
That picture Elwyn took of me and Dee Rice is one of my favorites, He is such great friend!!  Well, of course,  so are all the rest of you tooo  H^^
Thanks
Jim
PS Bill - the Sunflyr started life at the Lubbock Nats in '94...   looks every bit of its age, but I like the way it flies

Offline Marvin Denny

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 06:38:43 PM »
  Yes Jim is a great guy--- but he will go to ALL lengths  just to win "free style"  Stunt contest.  One time at Tulsa,   things got a mite "stickery" in that event.   He was flying a Bi-Slob, and so to not be out slobbered, HE took one out of the old Indian Faaker's book (those that lie down  or sit on a bed of sharp pointy spikes) and laid down in a patch of Sand burrs while flying his Slob .  I didn't even  TRY to best that one.

Bigiron
marvin Denny  AMA  499

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 07:02:25 PM »
Hey Marvin...Question?
El' took this great photo of you...but you must be ONE HELL OF A GREAT STUNT FLYER TO BE ABLE TO FLY THAT BEAUTIFUL RED STUNTER...WITH YOUR BACK TO IT?
HEY GANG!
HOW'S THAT FOR AN EXAMPLE OF REAL TRICK FLYING WITH EXPERTISE? LL~

Give a man a NOVI AND HE CAN FLY ANYTHING?
just razzin n jazzin ya Denny LL~
Don Shultz

Offline Marvin Denny

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 08:32:16 PM »
  Really, it is a "no-brainer".  I am from the OLD school that used to fly the "other" direction--- so--- instead of turning the handle upside down, I just fly with the plane behind me--  you see--- then down is up and visa-versa.  also the glasses I am wearing are really  mirrors so I can see the plane.

got that?

Bigiron
marvin Denny  AMA  499

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 08:54:38 PM »
  Really, it is a "no-brainer".  I am from the OLD school that used to fly the "other" direction--- so--- instead of turning the handle upside down, I just fly with the plane behind me--  you see--- then down is up and visa-versa.  also the glasses I am wearing are really  mirrors so I can see the plane.

got that?

Bigiron

LL~ LL~Are you sure you and our Leo Mehl are "long lost "siameesto-twins"...seperated at----or before birth. However our beloved balsabustinbutcher still flies the old school bass-akwardly direction #^
Don Shultz

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 08:49:54 AM »
Shultzie,

What Marvin didn't REALLY tell us is that those glasses are not really mirrors.  They are blacked out so that he can't see the airplane at all!  He's been flying soooooo long that seeing the plane and flying just isn't much challenge anymore.....................

Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 08:52:05 AM »
(snip)
Thanks
Jim
PS Bill - the Sunflyr started life at the Lubbock Nats in '94...   looks every bit of its age, but I like the way it flies

Well then, Brother Jim, I must have seen it first at Muncie in '96.  I missed '94-'95. 

A good plane just flies forever!
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Elwyn Aud

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Inferalandings Photo Page
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2007, 06:57:12 PM »
I've had the pleasure of watching Jim fly since the mid 90's. He always seems to bring out the neatest Old Time ships for me to photograph. Here's his Spirit of St. Louis on a gray drizzly day in Tulsa around 1998 or 99.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here