News:

• May 08, 2024, 09:36:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: JERRY WORTH...STUNT GRUNT OF THE DAY  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
JERRY WORTH...STUNT GRUNT OF THE DAY
« on: June 02, 2008, 10:44:39 AM »
While surfing through some old magazines this morn.
 I found the MAN FEB 69 issue with JERRY WORTH'S beautiful model, The MIRAGE 3 was the CLPA model of that month and like my Avenger, Jerry states that his model, "that although the Mirage 2 and 3 are not the product of evolution of a particular species.

The MIAGE IS A COMPOSITE OF MANY DIFFERENT DESIGNS. (*thanks Bob Gialdini & Mario Rondinelli) which all have one thing in mind in common: this, to fly the pattern as precisely and smoothly as possible.
If you look closely at the MIRAGE  I think you will be able to see the definite influences of other designs.
(*the Gialdini & Mario Rondinelli school of stunt.)
Bottom line:
THIS ARTICLE HAS INFORMATION THAT HAS STOOD THE TEST OF TIME..even after almost 40 years of time...and has some really great words of advice and truths that should be well worth a RE-READ for anyone who strives to inprove the building and flying practices.
Jerry Worth's models and flying were always something to behold.

Anyone with stories or photos of Jerrys OUTSTANDLY BEAUTIFUL STUNT OR SCALE MODELS..IT WOULD BE A PLEASURE TO SEE THEM AGAIN...so scan them and attach them to a few of your own JERRY WORTH STORIES.

(I have typed this drivil with my left hand and only my right "nose pickin' finga..and pain demented brain from carpal T surgery.)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 11:59:56 AM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
Re: JERRY WORTH...STUNT GRUNT OF THE DAY
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 10:19:28 PM »
What a guy. Shultzy it's a long reach from the shift lever and the parenpheses key and you made the trip. you are a jeaniouuuussss. now if you could button your shirt that would really beee sooommmtthhhinnnn.glde to seee you are so ammmmmerdectorissss. LL~ LL~ LL~ HB~>

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 09:55:18 AM »
Jerry's models were all drop-dead gorgeous.  The Mirage was a WONDERFUL flyer too.  My Swea Pea used mirage airfoils and flew like crazy.

Wish I could find some more pix: Electra X-35, Spitfire, Apteryx (or was it Apetryx?)... etc

Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 03:25:15 PM »
You can see the evolution of the Mirage to the Apterix and so to the USA-1. I have had plans for the Mirage for 30 some years. I hope to build it one day. I have a partially built X-35 that, like so many other projects, just got side tracked. Jerry Worth was a premier designer and I've always liked his stuff.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here