News:

• April 25, 2024, 06:49:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jamie Robertson...remembered  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Jamie Robertson...remembered
« on: October 13, 2010, 06:13:07 PM »
The late Jamie Robertson...master modeler and Boeing Model Design Engineer was truly one of the most creative modelmakers that I had ever known and had the pleasure of working with Jamie during my early years with the Boeing Company.

Sadly just a few years after he retired...he fell from his roof while treating moss. While up on my roof today...(doing the same thing...suddenly memories of Jamie came pouring back to those BOEING WIND TUNNEL FLUTTER MODEL TEST TRIPS TO SAN DIEGO.
We roasted n' toasted him in a Loonie toon...and after climbing off my roof this afternoon. I dug through my old Polariod photos and found a shot that I took of that old Roasta-Poster!
Here is a test scan of that little fading Polariod 3.5 x 5

(EDITED this post this morning)
Last night I found a small 5&7 color print of that old Jamie Robertson photo in my box of crap that I packed up on my last day before retirement.
Sadly...I lost so many photos that were stored on my Boeing Computer and were quicklydeleted by the Boeing Geek Security clearance MOD-SQUAD the night after my debriefing session.
I had soooooo many interesting test flight photos of special projects during those Phantom Works daze-days...that I would love to have kept for old times sake.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 11:31:46 AM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Jamie Robertson...remembered
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 06:58:23 PM »
Hey, Schultzie...was Bob Duffield before your reign of terra at Boeing? He was an F1B flier of some note, Boeing Engr., and died at Boeing, glide testing some sort of official Boeing glide-test model...which seems very strange.
He was to launch from some sort of structure, but then got onto a different part of it, that looked sturdy, but wasn't. Fell to the concrete floor, landed flat on his back, crushed the back of his skull. Weird way to check out...
 :'( Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Re: Jamie Robertson...remembered
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 11:20:43 AM »
Hey, Schultzie...was Bob Duffield before your reign of terra at Boeing? He was an F1B flier of some note, Boeing Engr., and died at Boeing, glide testing some sort of official Boeing glide-test model...which seems very strange.
He was to launch from some sort of structure, but then got onto a different part of it, that looked sturdy, but wasn't. Fell to the concrete floor, landed flat on his back, crushed the back of his skull. Weird way to check out...
 :'( Steve

Wow Steve...THAT IS A HORRIFIC WAY TO END A CAREER.
No, I haven't heard that story before...but I will bring Bob Duffield's name up at our next RATZ bi monthly meeting and report back to you about Bob!
I have heard similar stories about such accidents at the Flight Test Center.
Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here