News:

• April 30, 2024, 05:18:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: GARY LETSINGER- U ARE APPOINTED!  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
GARY LETSINGER- U ARE APPOINTED!
« on: November 23, 2006, 12:13:47 PM »
Hey Gang..
Gary is giving us a THANKSGIVING GIFT! He has been "APPOINTED?" to dig into his amazing archives of beautiful photographs and hopefully he will soon be sending some really great shots...to jigity-jog the memory banks of model stunt-grunts: from Thanksgiving past and present.

The beautiful thing about photography...and the addicted stunt-grunt:
Our lives, whether we realize it or not, are sooooo inter connected by not only our passion for stunt flying, but for modeling in general. From there-----------we share so many other hobbies passions, sports, etc.

Who cares if I or Mr. Billybong' stunt flyer doesn't care about skiing, cars, kites etc. If he is a brotha' or sista' or friend of modeling, who just may share a similar passion for somethin' else.
In the  past I have found so many folks that are passionate about other things....also at one time where addicted  model flyers.  Every one of these modelers have contributed so much....whether they be an addicted indoor, free flighter, control line speed, combat,  stunt, or R/C.

I would encourage anyone with a love or passion for any kind of model sport, to feel free...to bring a memory of that special person or persons that has made OR IS MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN OUR LIVES!
lurking..scan them...send them and share your story.

HAPPY TURKEY DAYS...GANG! Speaking of turkey's....today would be a great day to post a photo of one of your memorial stunt model turkeys that you had a HATE-LOVE relationship toward. Years ago...I can remember the most beautiful stunt model...that was built by a certain celebrated stunt flyer from (oo0Ps-stricken to protect the guilty) that gave away his beautifully crafted and 40pointer stunter.....that was payed forward...hand to hand, modeler to modeler all over the Seattle Tacoma area.
It just didn't fly right...it seemed to have a posessed mind of its own
As beautiful a model as it was....it was just down right SCARY?
THEN ONE DAY....
One flyer gave this model to JOE DILL.....after flying it....he took it home with him....
He cut into it....and tweaked a bunch of things and the next week end he brought it to the Boeing Parking lot...and all its previous "custodians' were invited to fly this TURKEY...THAT NOW FLEW LIKE AN EAGLE!

From that day forward...Joe was the guy we brought our TRIM-TROUBLES TO.

GARY LETSINGER...DIG OUT SOME OF THOSE PHOTOS, and bring back
some of those  good, bad and great memories and share them with us.. #^
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
Re: GARY LETSINGER- U ARE APPOINTED!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 11:32:22 PM »
Hey Gary, I know you have a lot of pictures because I think you were the only one that could aford a good camera, anyway I would like to see what you have. You and Ben should collaborate on this. I bet you can come up with some dussies. A real old expression there.

Offline Gary Letsinger

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 07:59:05 PM »
The best pictures I have were taken by Shultzie.

Gary

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 08:44:08 PM »
Hey Gary, I know you have a lot of pictures because I think you were the only one that could aford a good camera, anyway I would like to see what you have. You and Ben should collaborate on this. I bet you can come up with some dussies. A real old expression there.

Hi Leo,

Wasn't "dussies" a slang expression referring to the Dusenburg automobiles that were so cool??  I kow I ain't as "old" as you guys, but I was "born old"..........

**)
Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 09:02:47 AM »
Bill, I knew I was going to get feedback on the word Duzzy. I am not sure where it originated but I am from Montana and us old hicks use words like that. like when you get any kind of new machinery you tell the guy, that is sure a Duzzy. Gary you are being modest. You have always taken good pictures.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 09:53:19 AM »
Bill, I knew I was going to get feedback on the word Duzzy. I am not sure where it originated but I am from Montana and us old hicks use words like that. like when you get any kind of new machinery you tell the guy, that is sure a Duzzy. Gary you are being modest. You have always taken good pictures.

"Right on Leo....You should see the beautifully printed B&Ws that Gary printed in his dark room. For an example, check this one out.

Hide the children...n' the dirty ol' men.

I posted that first one from another file by accident...SURE!!! RIGHT!!!
Nice printing anyhoooo?

« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 03:12:49 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 09:14:57 PM »
The Airplane is not bad either but now i think I have forgotten the pattern. Or I have something in my eye. Now I remember that is a female type women without------??!!!****""@@@!!///

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 10:20:32 PM »
Uhhhh?
Mel...Do you think this will PUNCH GARY'S PHOTO BUTTONS to turn loose some of those beautiful B&W that he took with his Mamma-meeya 120 format camera and so beautifully printed in his home darkroom that looked almost as professional as Byers labs where you did your amazingly artistical stuff.

YOU SHOULD WRITE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR PETALIN' ACROSS AMERICA STORIES and include some of your photographs that would surely illustrate your photography.

Guess I'll have to buy Gary Breakfast and dig through his archives of great photos, huh?
IF HE'S STILL NO TOO UPSET WITH ME...PUBLISHING HIS 4X4 light n' curves photo. I messed up the print...actually the print is much darker...with only the highlights showing...
I was a bit TAKEN BACK...WHEN I SAW HOW THIS NEG PRINTED WAAAAAY TO LIGHT ON MY SCANNER FROM HELL. VD~ ~^
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 10:31:18 PM »
Looks good to me, but who can miss with this kind of subject. And here I thought Gary was a quite bashful kind of guy. The cats out of the bag. Nice photo Gary, Done in very good taste. and the lighting is very good.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here