News:

• May 02, 2024, 11:37:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DALE KIRN...WELCOME ABOARD THE STUNTHANGER PLANE!  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
DALE KIRN...WELCOME ABOARD THE STUNTHANGER PLANE!
« on: May 16, 2007, 10:08:34 AM »
THIS JUST IN! LET'S WELCOME DALE KIRN ABOARD OUR STUNTHANGER PLANE!
It is with great pleasure to welcome DALE KIRN through the STUNT HANGER DOORS.

Model Airplane magazines have been my other BIBLE since waaaay back in the early 50's I first saw my first issue of MAN in our grade school library.
 It wasn't long before I managed to get a subscription to every model magazine I could find in those days....and it wasn't too long after that that the name DALE KIRN started appearing about his winning ways and accomplishments. It wasn' long before we began to see his name on a regular basis. Little did I know at that time that through our mutual love of modeling..that both our passions for anything that flys, would become a lifelong addiction.

Enough drivel.... y1
DALE KIRN as a new member we welcome him that he might  be on stand by from time to time...to answer any questions or share some of his knowledge and history with us.

He is one reeeeeeeeeeeallly busy guy on his own website. I encourage one to check it out...but be fore-warned!!!
 TIME FLIES WHEN YOU ENTER THE WORLD OF KIRN AT:
 http://Kirn.hypermart.net/dale_oty04.htm
Don Shultz

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: DALE KIRN...WELCOME ABOARD THE STUNTHANGER PLANE!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 03:35:56 PM »
Welcome, Dale!  That B-25 is still one of the most AWESOME C/L planes I have ever seen! y1
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 06:18:57 PM »
Hey Dale I saw you pick up an award at VSC 10 For some of your accomplishments. You do not know me but am sure we are prtty close to the same age. Mine being 75 On the 30th of the month. I too saw all the neet stuff you have done over the years as monoline stunting and a whole bunch of monoline stuff you have done. We need you here for obvious reasons so WELCOME. Leo Mehl Born just before goerge Aldrich!

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 10:07:31 PM »
Today at our BWT RATS Boeing Wind Tunnel Retired Aerodynamic Testing Systems Engineering and Model Makers meeting and luncheon we had as a guest speaker...John Wimpress.
 John was the Director of Engineering on the amazing YC-14 program. Boeing experimental STOL aircraft that was tested in the early 70's & 80's. What a crowd teaser and pleaser' that YC-14 was to watch on its early test flights. Until you see that aircraft in full take off and landing performance mode....it is hard to grasp just how little runway space is needed...even when fully payloaded.

This meeting was scheduled for a two hour show...but the presentation was filled with pictures and video's of the YC-14 from the early drawing concepts.....to our model testing...to the final test flights and Combat evaluations. I had the pleasure of refinishing and refurbing the flutter model of that STOL that would be used as a demo display model.

HEY DALE...IF YOU ARE LURKING..... At todays meeting I sat with ROBERT "BOB" BATIE..an old control line speed flyer and a  retired windtunnel modelmaker and manager followed your modeling career and even flew with you at the nationals...years ago. HE SAID TO SAY HELLO! Gads...he loved Dyna Jets...

Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here