News:

• May 09, 2024, 09:42:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bob Emmett Stunt Grunt  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Bob Emmett Stunt Grunt
« on: January 15, 2007, 09:18:39 PM »
A new grunter

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
Re: Bob Emmett Stunt Grunt
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 11:09:06 AM »
I loved Bob Emmet, Bob was always a direct to the point kind of guy. I am going to tell one of my favorite stories about Bob. I told this one to Howard Rush. I told someone that Bob had died and Howard said he was alive and well so he called him on the cellular phone and asked him about this story This all happenned at the fall follies in 2005. Heres story. I told Howard that I beat Bob with my Jr. Nobler at a contest held at delta park and Bob was walking around saying an I quote. Got beat by a G-- damn J. Nobler. Actually I did not beat him. His motor quit and did some damage to his plane so he couldn't fly again. End of story. Bob was always opinionated and I think that is what I liked about him the most. What a guy that Bob Emmett!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 09:06:16 AM by Leo Mehl »

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 12:01:27 AM »
You probably misquoted him.  I don't think Bob would cuss. (I'll pay more attention, though.)  It was fun, but a little awkward, calling him to ask him if he was still alive.

Bob was grouchy for the first 30 years I knew him.  Then he retired.  He's been smiling ever since. 

The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 01:38:16 PM »
You probably misquoted him.  I don't think Bob would cuss. (I'll pay more attention, though.)  It was fun, but a little awkward, calling him to ask him if he was still alive.

Bob was grouchy for the first 30 years I knew him.  Then he retired.  He's been smiling ever since. 

Here is a photo of his SMILE? As much as we loved our  beloved brotha-in-balsa. I preferred at times to call that smile...a SNYLE'  ;D  Proven sooooomany times that it was just his way to hide that caring-and most giving and forgiving inner nature. He truly makes this world a better place. GAAAADS!  My son and I so much---- MISS RAZZIN' N JAZZIN HIM. He was soooo good to all of us and was always there, especially in those difficult and hard times that we needed a friend (a meal...or an old stunt job to practice with...that brought me through some really horrific long down time...due to my errors in flight judgment n' baskets full of crashed stunt models.
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 02:47:43 PM »
I always liked Bob. He gave good feedback after a contest in which he judges. He is very good at recognizeing trim problems.

I recognize that plane. Bob flew it a long time.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 09:21:05 PM »
Here is a photo of his SMILE? As much as we loved our  beloved brotha-in-balsa. I preferred at times to call that smile...a SNYLE'  ;D  Proven sooooomany times that it was just his way to hide that caring-and most giving and forgiving inner nature. He truly makes this world a better place. GAAAADS!  My son and I so much---- MISS RAZZIN' N JAZZIN HIM. He was soooo good to all of us and was always there, especially in those difficult and hard times that we needed a friend (a meal...or an old stunt job to practice with...that brought me through some really horrific long down time...due to my errors in flight judgment n' baskets full of crashed stunt models.

LEO...THE ONLY ONE THAT COMES TO MIND HERE IN SEATTLE WITH THAT BOSTON ACCENT WAS BOB EMMETT?
He flew those Howard Ike airplanes and of  course Thunderbirds-T birds and Noblers.
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 12:12:41 AM »
Nope, this guy was skinny and lived out on 136 off of Powel. He was the one that always said Paak instead of park. Bobs accent was not quit as radical. He also drove a willy car.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 11:05:27 AM »
Nope, this guy was skinny and lived out on 136 off of Powel. He was the one that always said Paak instead of park. Bobs accent was not quit as radical. He also drove a willy car.

Wow! Leo  ???
I can not remember that guy for nuttin? Who is still alive n' kickin' that would remember that old Willy's? I think I do remember an old dark-green Willy's but not the gent or the planes he flew?

Another sad example of what years of sniffin' fumes can do to our minds? :X
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 03:53:05 PM »
There is just no hope for us is there!  We think we are on the verg of something an whoof its gone. I guess i have breathed too much paper dust over this last 58 years. Fact is I use the airplane dope to help me with a lot of problems. I have been in the tunnel without enough wind.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 11:26:46 AM by Leo Mehl »

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 03:44:17 PM »
Noticed another shot of our beloved ICON GRUNTMASTER...BOB EMMETT Judging in the sunny southwest. (photo by Dickey Bryon)
HEY LEO! CHECK THAT THERE CAAAABOY HAT OF BOB'S?

AND SPEAKING OF COWBOY HATS...MY HAT IS TRULY OFF to Dick Bryon for his amazing stunt models in flight photography. Lot of folks take good pictures..but DICK HAS THAT SPECIAL GIFT in knowing exactly when to PUNCH THAT SHUTTER BUTTON. That seperates the snappy shotskin's from the gifted photographers.
GREAT WORK...DICK (if you are lurking) THANKS!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 03:19:05 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 03:54:08 PM »
Yea, Bob's become Tucsonized
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 11:04:24 AM »
I think because Bob worked for Boing he could afford better hats tha I. You will take note it is white, this puts him in the good guy category.

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 01:00:38 PM »
I think because Bob worked for Boing he could afford better hats tha I. You will take note it is white, this puts him in the good guy category.
Gene Lockwood, an old retired gentleman who was a gifted Boeing colleague and also an outstanding modeler and wood craftsman...who loved to wear a cowboy hat to work...and wore boots.
 Gen loved horses and never missed a chance to talk about them or ride in all the local parades.
I wonder if we could put Gene into the Gruby-Mehl-Shane gene poooool?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 09:30:26 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »
Hey Art, Richards not the only guy thar paints his sunglasses Black!

Offline Art Zehner

• Art Zehner
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 03:15:04 PM »
  Leo,
  Richard didn't paint his sunglasses black.  I snuck up and painted them after he laid them down and wasn't watching.  Funny thing is he hasn't noticed yet.
  Art
AMA 814545

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here