News:

• April 26, 2024, 05:52:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bob Dart honored by AMA at Fun Fly  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Dalton Hammett

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Bob Dart honored by AMA at Fun Fly
« on: May 25, 2008, 08:20:19 AM »
   On May 24th Bob Dart schedueled a fun fly at his little airport in Mayville, N.Y.  with a few fun events for awards.  For those of you who don't know Bob,  he owns a small airport along with an aviation museum for full size and model airplanes and memorabilia.   I have known Bob for about ten years now and he has been a major supporter and member of our C/L club ----  I didn't know he had been a model flying supporter for fifty years.
Representatives from AMA's districts 2 and 3 were there to present Bob with an award for his years of service
and there was a great turn out of flyers from New York, Pennsylvania and Ohio.   If you have never been to Dart Field, it's a great place to visit and Bob is always ready to grab a control line and fly with someone and if you have something break,  he will be able to find or manufacture the part in his workshop.   I just love to see people like Bob who are always in the background working to support whats going on get recognized for their efforts even though it is what they just naturally do.

Dalton H.
Dalton Hammett  
Albion, Pa.
Bean Hill Flyers
AMA  29918

Offline Joe Maxwell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Re: Bob Dart honored by AMA at Fun Fly
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 08:20:36 PM »
I must agree, Bob Dart is a great man, and a good friend. I have known him for many years. To visit his airport is to be transported back in time! He has one of the largest collections of model planes as well as full size aircraft, and you can spend hours there, and have a good lunch there too! Congratulations, Bob, 50 years, WOW, you deserve it.   Joe Maxwell, AMA 51811.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here