News:

• April 27, 2024, 11:26:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anyone remember this BIG GUY Stunt flyer from the mid 70s?...  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Gads..Talk about losin' my long term memory....daaaaaaaaaaaaa?
I found another slide that I can't pin a name onto the builder and flyer on this model.
I seem to remember that his name was Roger and we would often see him down at the Kent Space Center parking lot one weekends.

He was a prolific builder for a while....He often used a stoogie and burned huge amounts of fuel...and after he would run out...Roger?  often would pull out an old dirty looking coffee mug and would laugh and ask to "BORROW A CUP OF FUEL?" (Humm? In those daze days...I too was known to "borrow a cup or two of fuel from time to time?  H^^ LL~ :-[
Don Shultz

Offline Jim Pollock

• Admiral
Re: Anyone remember this BIG GUY Stunt flyer from the mid 70s?...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 09:13:53 PM »
Hey Shultzie,,,,,

Did you do the captions on the photo after consuming a keg of brew?  Just wondered how you got the word Borrowed so out of kilter???

Jimbo 

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 12:39:33 PM »
Hey Shultzie,,,,,

Did you do the captions on the photo after consuming a keg of brew?  Just wondered how you got the word Borrowed so out of kilter???
Jimbo 
LL~ LL~ DK^ 010! HH%% "Words of wisdom....taught to me by my beloved GODFATHER IN PAINT FUMES...(The late Timothy Dunlop from Portland.) 
Never mix Pactra paint fumes with a bottle of Raaaaaaaaaaaaaineeeeeeeeeeeeer or BUD LITE' ~^
Finally Jim...someone noticed that scribbled caption.
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 09:43:10 PM »
Gads..Talk about losin' my long term memory....daaaaaaaaaaaaa?
I found another slide that I can't pin a name onto the builder and flyer on this model.
I seem to remember that his name was Roger and we would often see him down at the Kent Space Center parking lot one weekends.

He was a prolific builder for a while....He often used a stoogie and burned huge amounts of fuel...and after he would run out...Roger?  often would pull out an old dirty looking coffee mug and would laugh and ask to "BORROW A CUP OF FUEL?" (Humm? In those daze days...I too was known to "borrow a cup or two of fuel from time to time?  H^^ LL~ :-[
Are you sure that was fuel or was it Moonshine? LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ HB~>

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 07:04:07 PM »
Are you sure that was fuel or was it Moonshine? LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ HB~>

MAYBE...BOTH N' EVEN MORE....(that young lady friend of mine that made the best "Alice B. Toklas Cookies" when I lived up on NW Flanders Hippy District on W. Burnside...a block North of the Ringside pub club. LL~
Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here