News:

• April 26, 2024, 11:02:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 49 years between loops  (Read 1160 times)

Offline GEOFFREY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • Northwest Fireballs
49 years between loops
« on: July 11, 2009, 09:41:24 AM »
Well i have seen it all now. Bill Adair yesterday at delta park, funny wind like in a washing machine.  brought up his McCoy 35 plane fired it up and took half a lap and quit . i thought he was probably done . told him to let it warm up a little.. up again and 2 laps a loop !!!  wow another and it started a loop and then it look like he lost it, but no! he was going into the last half of a figure 8  . the rest  of the flight was filled with some rusty stunts         insides outsides lazy eights   amazed we were told by his launcher he short fueled so he would not get dizzy..we hollered no more Bill no more . we wanted the day to end on a up note.... when he greased his landing , his comments were well i knew how 49 years ago so what the big deal.. was a good day was fun to see Bill fly in  the circle instead of the lawn chair ..  GREAT DAY for a FIREBALL
GEOFFREY L CHRISTIANSON  AMA 824607             DELTA PARK Portland Or.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 49 years between loops
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 10:20:56 AM »
That is great.  As they say, "Just like riding a bicycle, you never forget".  Now if I can only figure out all those levers and gizmos on my daughters bike.   Nobody sells the old Schwinn like I learned on and rode for years.  No gears to change and was the only one in the neighborhood that could make it over our hill on 74th street without stopping to push.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Richard Entwhistle 823412

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 08:54:23 PM »
Bill has been a reluctant flier for about two years.  I thought for sure someone else was flying Bill's plane but no it was indeed Bill.  He showed it no mercy.  Insides, outsides and figure eights, one after the other.  I think he could be a contender!

Richard
Richard Entwhistle 823412
Scappoose OR

Offline GEOFFREY

• Commander
  • Northwest Fireballs
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 05:28:52 PM »
Bill Adair Monday flying with Doug powers and the fireballs

Offline GEOFFREY

• Commander
  • Northwest Fireballs
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 05:34:05 PM »
last try on this one

Online Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 09:17:23 PM »
Leo better start practising! Those Skyrays are "Da Bomb".

Hmmmm. Richard had better get a coach, too.  LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Bill Adair

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 11:01:46 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words, guys!  H^^

Without the patience, and enthusiastic support of all my fellow club members at Delta Park, I'd still be sitting on the side lines in a lawn chair, wishing I could fly!

Now, I'm having so much fun flying again, that I can hardly believe it's really happening! It's every bit as exciting as I remember my very first control line flights as a kid, and possibly even more enjoyable this time around, because of all the encouragement and support from my friends at Delta Park.

However, I will always cherish my time in that lawn chair, and always look forward to being there, and chatting with such good company! The stories bring back memories of all the wonderful times I've had with model airplanes over the years, and make me so very thankful that I'm in such good company!  H^^

Bill

Not a flyer (age related), but still love the hobby!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here