News:

• April 27, 2024, 06:54:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tongue muffler for Brodak 40  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Mike Foley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Tongue muffler for Brodak 40
« on: April 17, 2007, 12:59:54 PM »
  Recently purchased your tongue muffler from Brodaqk for the Brodak 40.  Muffler fits the motor perfectly however the mounting bolts do not line up. Off by approximately 1/16 to 1/8.  Obviously the muffler mounting holes need enlarging.  What is the proper way to do this?

Thanks!

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: Tongue muffler for Brodak 40
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 12:05:53 PM »
  Recently purchased your tongue muffler from Brodaqk for the Brodak 40.  Muffler fits the motor perfectly however the mounting bolts do not line up. Off by approximately 1/16 to 1/8.  Obviously the muffler mounting holes need enlarging.  What is the proper way to do this?

Thanks!

Hi Mike

The way to enlarge holes is with a larger drill bit, or a reamer
I just went and measured a Brodak 40 it is 1.115 inches, my muffler bolt spacing is 1.115 inches, all of them I looked at were the same, However the muffler was  made  to fit the HP 40   FSR 40-45 and some of the FOX 40s  so opening up the holes  slightly is no problem. If you do have a muffler that is off by 1/8 inch I would like to see it. If you  feel that it is a big problem you can ship it back to Brodak or to me

REgards
Randy

Offline Mike Foley

• Lieutenant
Re: Tongue muffler for Brodak 40
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 08:59:11 PM »
  Thanks for the reply Randy.  The bolt spacing is maybe off by 1/32" after looking closer with my glasses on. No biggy, I will drill it out slightly and it will be fine. I will say very nice quality and feather light.

Thanks!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here