News:

• April 27, 2024, 01:34:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Control Line Venturi for GP Thunder Tiger .25  (Read 7492 times)

Offline John Fitzgerald

• No longer an AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Control Line Venturi for GP Thunder Tiger .25
« on: March 10, 2012, 04:55:19 PM »
I have a TT .25 about 11yrs old that was recently NIB that I am now running with the rc carb wired open.  The carb is held on by a bolt that goes thru a hole that is offset to the front of the Venturi opening under the carb.  Is a regular Venturi and nva available?  How much?

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
Re: Control Line Venturi for GP Thunder Tiger .25
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 10:15:06 PM »
Thunder Tigre did at one time make C/L venturis and NVA's for their engines. The venturis were a little on the large side for the displacements but the needle valves were fine. They were apparently dropped for lack of sales.
That front hole puts the needle valve uncomfortably close to the spinning prop. Thats one engine where a rear mounted assembly and fuel nipple would be fine and the one from the OS LA 25 will fit fine. Any of the after market suppliers including the forum host can help you with a proper venturi, Cost is reasonable on the Venturi and you can probably pick up the rear mounted NVA from someone who has converted their OS or as a last resort get one from Tower Hobbies.
Others I'm sure will have more help for you.

Dennis

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: Control Line Venturi for GP Thunder Tiger .25
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 10:46:03 PM »
I have a TT .25 about 11yrs old that was recently NIB that I am now running with the rc carb wired open.  The carb is held on by a bolt that goes thru a hole that is offset to the front of the Venturi opening under the carb.  Is a regular Venturi and nva available?  How much?

Hi John

I will need to check Monday when I am in the shop if I have a TT25GP so i can size the venturie NVA, I do have several OS Rear Needle setups should you want to go that way

Regards
Randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here