News:

• April 27, 2024, 02:33:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ARC Vector 40 control throws  (Read 4588 times)

Offline Tom Strom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
ARC Vector 40 control throws
« on: March 30, 2012, 12:29:47 AM »
Hi Randy.  I am assembling a Vector 40 ARC, and just wondered what the control throws should be.  I have about 35 deg. up and down flap deflection, and 30 deg. up and down elevator.  I used the Tom Morris horns, with the stock kit bellcrank.  I used carbon pushrods.  Thanks

Tom

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: ARC Vector 40 control throws
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 10:59:19 AM »
Tom

I use a 4 inch BC with the output at 3/4 inch, then the pushrod goes to 1.25 in on the flap horn, the pushrod from flap to elev is either at 1in to 1 in or 3/4 to 3/4, both are 1 to 1 ration  this is what is important.

Regards
Randy

Offline Gene O'Keefe

• 2014 Supporters
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 12:43:23 PM »
Thanks for asking that question Tom, I recently purchased a Vector ARF that was gently 'planted' and needs medium rebuild...so this info will help me out alot.
Gene O'Keefe
AMA 28386

Offline Tom Strom

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 02:52:58 PM »
You are welcome Gene.  Big thanks to Randy as well.  As always, everytime I talk to Randy he gives some excellent advice.  Randy, I was good on everything up until I hooked up the elevator pushrod.  I was definately not at 1 to 1.  I have fixed that problem now so I seem to be good.  I can finish assembly now.  Thanks again Randy.

Tom

Offline Doug Knoyle

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 01:21:00 AM »
Hi Tom,
Nice to meet you at the Stunt-A-Thon.

After my 2nd mishap in as many days (Sunday), and seeing you fly your Vector 40 (nice!), I figured there was no reason not to grab one for a quick back-up (or replacement) for the rest of the season.

So you used the Tom Morris controls, any other particulars you suggest?
Did you change/modify any of the flying surfaces?
...and what was the covering you used?

Cheers
AMA 60591

Offline Tom Strom

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 10:53:06 AM »
Hi Doug.  Sorry for the delayed response.  The Vector I was flying in Eugene and Stunt-A-Thon were actually the kit version.  I am having trouble with the ARC version getting it to fly right.  I have placed it on the back burner until I can get it trimmed.  The Blue one you saw was actually covered in Ultracote for the wings and stab.  The fuse is covered in 3/4 oz. cloth and finishing resin.  Then painted with auto paint.  And it flies very well.  I would recommend the Vector to anybody.  It seems to fly well with nitro power or electric.  Hope this helps.  And by the way, you are making incredible progress with your patterns.  Keep up the good work.

Tom

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here