News:

• May 20, 2024, 01:29:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TIME IS RUNNING OUT  (Read 839 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
TIME IS RUNNING OUT
« on: June 23, 2009, 05:42:31 PM »
      They will probably bump this off site but I wanted to remind you that the FREE kit giveaway will end in one week. Don't miss out!!!
Larry

Offline Rod Lamer

• Ensign
Re: TIME IS RUNNING OUT
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 07:07:20 PM »
How do I register for a free kit? Or is it randomly given away to a person on this forum? Wow that would be cool to get a free kit; what kind of kits are they and who are they from? 8)
AMA 906421

Offline Robert McHam

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 07:56:48 PM »
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 08:12:14 PM »
So, Rod, been out of town?  LL~
     Just kidding. Place a $50.00 order at Sam's Stuff and Hobbies and pick the model that you want, either a (CL) Pee Wee Pup or a tethered Hawk.

Offline Joey Mathison 9806

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 05:51:56 AM »
      They will probably bump this off site but I wanted to remind you that the FREE kit giveaway will end in one week. Don't miss out!!!
Larry
any time there is a post that is very important such as your free kit for the kids to get started i feel that it needs to have a sticky to keep it at the top of the page. why your post on the kits was removed after i put a sticky on it is a mystery it was up for a few days then gone.
200 mph man ama#9806 joey mathison

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 06:50:29 AM »
     Mr. Mathison, I meant no disrespect but I do realize that this post might be considered an advertisement for Sam's Stuff and Hobbies and be considered out of place here, as was a similar post I had put in the "Open" site. As to the one that I removed, I felt that it had server it's purpose and was no longer needed.
     This battle to get kids back to the hobby has been a long, hard and costly one. I work with organizations and clubs in several states, I brough beat magazine editors to include kids in the publications and yes, I even put items in the local newspapers directed at the parents. You see I know that it is not just enough to get the hobbyist involved the larger battle is to get the parents in to parenting.  Today young couples look at having kid the same as buying a car. You are expected to have one or two and to show them off, but when it comes to spending as little as one hour a day doing hobbies, sports or games they are placed in the garage/bedroom and given a video game to keep them quiet. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO ALL PARENTS PLEASE DO NOT WRITE ME.  R%%%%
     Maybe I just have issues. Thank you for letting me vent, I LOVE this site.
Larry

Back to sleep Z@@ZZZ

Offline Joey Mathison 9806

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 06:17:30 PM »
Larry what you have done and are doing for the kids is of the utmost importance. the survival of our hobby rests with the little guys. take a look at the ama website at the pre entry chart for the nats in muncie c/l speed has no juniors and racing is not faring to well either.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/nats/regstats.aspx
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 07:22:24 PM by Robert Storick »
200 mph man ama#9806 joey mathison

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 11:40:05 PM »
WOW! that is really bad. I looked down the whole list and man ....... That is really...... I am speechless. Does anybody else see the train leaving the station?
Larry

Offline minnesotamodeler

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • Me and my Chief Engineer
    • Minnesotamodeler
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 06:38:59 AM »
Looks like some really easy pickin's for trophie-collectors.
--Ray 
Roseville MN (St. Paul suburb, Arctic Circle)
AMA902472

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here