News:

• May 05, 2024, 11:05:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: THIS IS ONE FOR MUSCIANO FANS  (Read 1755 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
THIS IS ONE FOR MUSCIANO FANS
« on: May 03, 2008, 02:25:37 PM »
Note the plane that Walt is holding? We have had lots of inquires about when we will make it. The time is next week. It will be available to our dealers by next Friday and will ship to the dealers the following Monday.
CYCLONE
ws 21"
wing area 100 sq. in.
engine Beam mount .049, .060 or .09 can also use a Black widow from Cox. I will add a parts photo soon.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 06:14:35 PM by LARRY RICE »

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
Re: THIS IS ONE FOR MUSCIANO FANS
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 02:38:38 PM »
Okay so here are the parts.
There will also be all of the hardware, wheels and canopy.

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 07:46:13 PM »
FINISHED!

Offline Robert McHam

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 04:28:08 PM »
Larry, this looks great!

One thing that I noticed was that the one piece leading edge of the wing appears to be of a high density and therefore more durable balsa stock as compared to the TE wing panels which appear much lighter and less dense. I am supposing this from the coloration in the picture only.

If this is an intentional design feature, I think you have done very well.

Robert
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 08:51:42 PM »
          We try to use the hardest woods in the most critical areas, often as elevators and rudders. In this case the leading edge, which requires little shaping and is the most prone to damage. If we were making kits for competition we would use only the lightest wood but our kits are for sport fliers and beginners.
          Good eye, Robert.
Larry

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 11:42:19 AM »
When can we expect to see this product at our neighborhood hobby shops?
Paul Smith

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 02:21:06 PM »
Well, Paul, the first kits are on there way to George Ellison on Friday and Sam's Stuff and Hobbies the following Monday. So for they have placed the only orders. Tell your authorized Black Hawk Models dealer that you want one and he can order to.....or contact Sam's Stuff and Hobbies.
Good Luck
Larry

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 05:58:33 AM »
Robert,
        I am sorry, I tend to give short off the cuff answers and regret it later. Let me try to answer your question again.
       ALL kit manufactures try to use specific density woods in critical areas in their kits. Some are VERY good at it and some are not. The manufactures who make the fewest kits are far better than those of us who mass produce kits. When you are making a dozen kits a year you have the time to pick and choose the lumber that you want to put into your kits, also the higher priced kits have a much better wood selection.
         Here, at Black Hawk Models, we produce over 100 kits per month. This requires that we purchase large quantities of wood. When we purchase wood we tell them the size, quantity and type of wood we want, in general we look for a medium grade, not to light and not to heavy. Since we are not making contest models or expensive model kits we never ask for contest grade balsa. However do to the the quantity of wood that we buy we do get several different grades. When we are making kits we try to pick the wood that is best suited for the part that we are making, this doesn't always happen. Recently we fell three weeks behind on filling orders, at times like these we only try to not use a wood that will weaken or be unsuitable for the part in the kit. I wish that we had the time and space to sort the wood for each part that we are making but that is not going to happen.
          The kits that we produce are low cost and we give high quality for the dollar. If we were to double or triple the price of our kits we could afford to spend more time on each kit and since we would sell a lot fewer kits we would have the time. We, the whole crew at Black Hawk Models, are quite proud of the kits that we make.
Well that is it, the main point is that we ALL try to put the best wood into the kits we make.
Larry

This statement is made to keep me from being hung by John, Eric, Ray, Larry, Bill or any other kit manufactures.  LL~
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 09:20:01 AM by LARRY RICE »

Offline nobler

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 03:14:24 PM »
The Cyclone is one of the best stunt models of the 70 eligible Logs. It won First at both the Mi and Va Musicano last year. I also like the Bullet, which has been a winner (Bob Zembelli) and a 2nd once (yours truly).   Currell

Offline Bill Barber

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 10:59:13 AM »
    I am interested in buying the  Cyclone for a Musciano event .
 Since it has a beam mount would a Medallion or TeeDee be legal for the event ?
   Bill Barber
AMA 325076

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 12:09:26 PM »
In the unlimited only.
Larry

Offline nobler

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 06:46:27 PM »
A Black Widow (stunt tank, of course) is more than enough for the Cyclone. It flies well with a single lung Babe Bee, too. Currell

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here