News:

• April 27, 2024, 11:00:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Traveling .010 Engine  (Read 402 times)

Online Jim Carter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
The Traveling .010 Engine
« on: May 10, 2020, 01:59:04 PM »
Hi y'all!  Well, if ya don't mind, I'd like to share my most recent joy and experience.  On Tuesday, March 24, 2020 I received the package containing the Cox Traveling .010 Engine.  I was really impressed and I looked forward to using it, if for no other reason than to get a bench run.

Regrettably because of the COVID-19 disease lockdown here in Brevard County Florida, I was unable to enjoy my experience with this little engine for a considerable amount of time.  However, during this period I was able to build three models that were to be dedicated to that purpose the Tee-Nee Delta, the Flying Diamond and the Flying License Plate.

Saturday, May 9, 2020 was the first time I had been able to go to the field since Saturday, March 28th.  It was rather breezy by the time I arrived, probably 10-12mph.  Larry and Bill were already there by the time I arrived.  I took the three little “birds” and managed to get a good test glide on the FLYING DIAMOND but because it was so breezy, I decided not to risk the FLYING DIAMOND with a free flight test run for fear that the wind would carry it into the tall pines that surround our flying site.  I didn’t get an engine run on either it or the FLYING LICENSE PLATE.   And it was just too windy to try it on control lines even the 20 footers.  Heck, if the "big boys won't risk their 35's and 40's, I'm sure not going to risk an engine that doesn't belong to me!   We settled for a test run on the TEE-NEE DELTA with the little Cox .010.  It really fired up nicely and it ran consistently and I was able to get a nice video of it to post on the Cox forum.  After that, we fired it up three more times in efforts to make three attempts to get the TEE-NEE DELTA in the air but it just didn’t happen for us.  So, I decided to quit and put it away rather than risking any damage and then prepare to send it to the next person on the list.  When I returned home, I posted the videos of our attempts on You Tube.  If anyone would like to see them, here's the links:

I must admit:  I HAD A BALL!!

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here