News:

• May 12, 2024, 08:21:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Passing of Frank Macy  (Read 656 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
The Passing of Frank Macy
« on: June 09, 2009, 08:49:57 AM »
Frank Macy passed away May 29, 2009 at the age of 74.
     Who was Frank Macy?
     Frank grew up hoping that someday he would work for his idol, Jim Walker. Mr. Walker died before Frank got a chance to fulfill his dream. Years later Frank acquired the rights to all of American Junior's products and over the years he offered several of them to the modeling public. Keeping the dream alive he produced the original Fireball, Whip Powered Control Line planes, the "74" folding wing glider and many more of Jim Walker's models. Frank was one of the nicest guys in the hobby. He introduced me to Whip Powered models and gave me the Okay to produce them.
     Anytime anyone in the modeling hobby passes away it diminishes us all by one but when a kit manufacture, like Frank, dies we loose all of the modelers that he would have brought into the hobby too. I will sorely miss Frank, may he rest in peace.
    Funeral will be June 13, 2009 at 10:00 AM in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Eugene Oregon.
Larry

Offline Robert McHam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: The Passing of Frank Macy
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 01:37:45 PM »
Of course I never knew the man but I did visit the website from time to time. Lots of great pictures and history there.

He will be missed...

Robert
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here