News:

• May 01, 2024, 12:10:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tech Terror progress!  (Read 636 times)

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Tech Terror progress!
« on: March 03, 2009, 02:50:23 PM »
The TT is coming along, all construction done, ready for finish.  Weight still looks to be on target around 5.5 ounces.  Currently 5.25.  Finish will be clear epoxy (2 or 3 thinned coats) on the wood and Coverlite on the wings.

Here are some photos.  Note the internal booster tank.  I haven't done this before, but expect to be able to have the internal tank drain first, then the engine's tank, and thus get enough capacity to do the classic pattern.  If it works well and I am very lucky, I can go to one of the more powerful reed engines instead of the Golden Bee.  Or maybe even the RR-1 or a Space Bug.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline ray copeland

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Tech Terror progress!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 03:27:52 PM »
I have done the tank thing with a balloon feeding a Norvel tank mount, worked so so, not exactly what i wanted. Plane looks nice,, seems like a tall rudder.
Ray from Greensboro, North Carolina , six laps inverted so far with my hand held vertically!!! (forgot to mention, none level!) AMA# 902150

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 05:17:45 PM »
The tall rudder was desirable for the original purpose of the design.  It was flown from a static pylon, so no capability for backing up to maintain line tension was possible.  It isn't needed now, but is part of the design, so I am stuck with it.  I just hope it doesn't do anything wierd to the flight characteristics.

DesignMan

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 11:12:44 PM »
The model is painted and covered with Coverlite on the wings.  I need to build up an authentic Golden Bee ( oddly enough, I have the parts  VD~ ) and finish clear-coating and applying the decals.  Hope to fly it Wednesday, and fly it at the Vintage Stunt Championships the following week.   #^

If any of you ever get a chance to make it to that meet, do it!  It is way fun, possibly better if you don't have an airplane!  You wouldn't believe the world class talent that shows up!

I count any finish in the middle of the pack as a real achievement.

Larry

DesignMan

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here