News:

• May 01, 2024, 10:32:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tech Terror finished!  (Read 816 times)

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Tech Terror finished!
« on: March 11, 2009, 11:06:22 AM »
Well, here it is, completed.  Weight finished is exactly 5.75 ounces.  I'll fly it tomorrow.  More later!

As you can see, I have a 2nd tank inside the fuselage that feeds into the engine's own tank.   I expect I will be able to use the capacity of both to get a long enough run for the classic pattern.   

I think I should be able to pull the plug off the engine vent and fill both tanks at one time.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline ray copeland

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Tech Terror finished!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 05:21:45 PM »
Very nice Larry!!  Will be awaiting flight results.  y1
Ray from Greensboro, North Carolina , six laps inverted so far with my hand held vertically!!! (forgot to mention, none level!) AMA# 902150

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 10:19:41 PM »
Sad to say, I am not taking it to VSC.   I am not yet getting a consistent engine run from the two tanksl  I think there is a blockage transferring from the rear tank to the front.  Until that is resolved, no risk to the plane! I think that I have the rear tank clear, but there is a leak in the front tank, and blockage in the overflow vent that is making the situation worse.  More news at 11!

DesignMan

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 09:47:44 AM »
Would like to see details of tank set up.  Think it might work better with a smaller Baby Bee tank.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 07:14:59 PM »
Hi'ya Doc!  Nice seeing you at VSC.  Sorry about the Humbug, I hope you are going to fix it?  Give your pooch a pat for me (and I am not a "dog" person).  Also thanks for sharing your shade.  Any word about John Standing Bear?

Anyway, I have a couple of suspects in my engine woes with this plane, and need to replace the bottom vent tube in the engine's tank.  The original one had been bent, and thus constricted, plus it has a air-leak at the tank interface.  Hopefully, I will get to fix that this week and report on my progress.  At worst, I will throw an RR-1 on the plane, forget about the 2nd tank and fly it for fun.

DesignMan

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here