News:

• April 27, 2024, 01:53:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ringmaster motor mount  (Read 1574 times)

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Ringmaster motor mount
« on: June 16, 2007, 09:29:44 PM »
I have a Baby Ringmaster kit but the motor mount and landing gear are missing. Does anyone have a motor mount from a deceases Ringmaster? I can spin my own but an original would be nice.  I plan to run a TD .o51 with a tank mount. SO it will mount like a Bee #^
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Captain
Re: Ringmaster motor mount
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 10:38:01 PM »
The kit nylon T-mount really isn't worth the trouble.  Anything resembling a rough landing will completely fold the landing gear wire back, and it's pretty easy to break the entire nose off.  Build the front end up like a Skyray or similar with a 1/8" ply or 1/4" ply firewall and 1/2 balsa supports, it'll be much more durable.  If you need a landing gear, I'd recommend bending a new gear from 1/16" wire and install it the same as most profiles thru the wing cutout.  The nylon mount lasted one flight on the Baby Ringmaster I learned to fly on. 

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 01:53:35 PM »
The kit nylon T-mount really isn't worth the trouble.  Anything resembling a rough landing will completely fold the landing gear wire back, and it's pretty easy to break the entire nose off.  Build the front end up like a Skyray or similar with a 1/8" ply or 1/4" ply firewall and 1/2 balsa supports, it'll be much more durable.  If you need a landing gear, I'd recommend bending a new gear from 1/16" wire and install it the same as most profiles thru the wing cutout.  The nylon mount lasted one flight on the Baby Ringmaster I learned to fly on. 

Wow!

This is what makes this board great.  Sometimes the obvious is the best answer.  I am looking forward to flying my 1/2A Ringmaster.  The last one I had would take off from a card table and went like gangbusters.  Hope to build all 4 ringmasters (1/2A; JR.; Super JR; full size) and paint them all the same.  Be fun to show up at Ringmaster fly in with the four.

I may convert the nose to a standard profile mount.  The TD 051 I plan to use has regular motor mounts.  I can then use a standard tank with pressure from the TD pressure tap. 
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Robert McHam

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 04:52:20 PM »
I too would go without the tank mount. The LG advice seems more appropriate as well. You should love this!

Robert
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Offline George

• Admiral
  • Love people, Use things.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 10:13:23 AM »
...Hope to build all 4 ringmasters (1/2A; JR.; Super JR; full size) and paint them all the same.  Be fun to show up at Ringmaster fly in with the four.
I have a Ringmaster and a Ringmaster Jr. (later version) but what is a Super Jr. and how does it compare with a regular Jr? BTW, when I built my first Ringmaster Jr. the kits were $1.50.   :(

I may convert the nose to a standard profile mount.  The TD 051 I plan to use has regular motor mounts.  I can then use a standard tank with pressure from the TD pressure tap. 
I have never used that tap but have only heard bad stories about it. Apparently tubing jumps off the fitting very easily. You might consider running a baloon or just a vented tank. Perhaps someone has a fix to keep the tubing on. Good luck with it.

George
George Bain
AMA 23454

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 10:19:54 PM »
The "Super Jr." might be the "Flash". (??)  it's a built up fuselage version of the Jr.
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here