News:

• May 07, 2024, 09:43:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Quikee Stunt, Blackhawk style - new build  (Read 6595 times)

Offline Jim Howell

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Re: Quikee Stunt, Blackhawk style - new build
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2010, 06:36:54 PM »
SAVE THOSE APS film cannisters.  Harvest them wherever you can, they are obsolete!!!

Okay, Larry, just what does the "APS" stand for?  Looking at the pics, I'd be inclined to say that this is a standard 35mm film canister.  I just never heard it referred to as an APS canister.  So what's the difference?

Jim Howell
Jim Howell
Huntsville, AL  AMA 545805

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2010, 10:35:34 PM »
Sadly, the APS film format is no more.  It was a sub-35mm size format in cartriges that also contained the film AFTER processing.  You dropped off the film for processing, and then got it back in the same cartrige for long term storage.  Extremely convenient.  The film came in elliptical plastic containers with snap-on caps.  The volume was a bit smaller than the 35mm cannisters, but the caps were squared off!  As you can see from my photos, it makes for easy registration both with the tubing setup, and the installation.  Go to your local film processors ( if any, remember them??) and ask if they have any of the containers.  Probably not a bad plan to grab all the 35mm cannisters while they exist, too.

If anyone comes accross a treasure trove of these APS containers, let us know!  Pity we didn't know we needed them while they were plentiful.  Probably most of them are in landfills or have been recycled by now.  :(
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline George

• Admiral
  • Love people, Use things.
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2010, 07:55:59 AM »
APS is Advanced Photo System. I got a Kodak "Advantix C700" for my wife when they were popular. They were automatic, and much simpler to operate that my 35mm cameras. The roll could be automatically rewound before it was full so it could be removed to switch rolls. When you inserted a partially filled roll, it would automatically advance the film to the first unexposed spot. The idea was to have rolls for different subjects.

I kept my exposed film rolls and pictures in Kodak book-like containers, and STUPIDLY threw out the individual roll containers.

Then the whole world went digital.

BTW, I still have the perfectly good camera and a spare battery.  :-\

George
George Bain
AMA 23454

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here