News:

• June 15, 2024, 03:39:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question  (Read 1173 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Question
« on: October 13, 2009, 09:07:22 PM »
     Black Hawk Models has been getting a lot of write ups lately in magazines AMI, SAM 35 UK, Control Line World and another UK Club mag. I Have been wondering if anyone has seen any of these? Your answer will help me decide how much these items help.
Larry

Offline Ed Burkot

• Ensign
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 07:59:08 AM »
I've not seen any of the write-ups and have never heard of any of these publications either!!

Offline Russ Danneman

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 08:31:11 AM »
nope have not seen any.
FLY LOW FLY FAST  RISKY BUSINESS

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 08:42:49 AM »
I've seen your products in Control Line World (CLW).   

Also in contest reports on the web forums.
Paul Smith

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 09:35:39 AM »
    Thanks guys.
     We have also been in Flying Models Mag. but for all of that I have found that there is a Vast number of people who do not know that we exist.  HB~> I just don't know what to do to inform more people.  :(
Larry

Offline Douglas Ames

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 09:56:02 AM »
I originally found your website thru a search engine, also Sam's Stuff Hobbies' website.
You could try an ad in RCM, alot of R/C 'rs (adults) started out with Scientific kits.
AMA 656546

If you do a little bit every day it will get done, or you can do it tomorrow.

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 10:07:53 AM »
That is not a bad idea except RCM has been out of business since 2004 and I do not know what people read today.
Larry

Offline John Castle

• Commander
  • The Bent Pin
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 10:27:27 AM »
I think that your target demographic is primarily 50 to 70 y/o males. You should think out of the box a little and consider some of the national non-modeling magazines; the AARP magazine comes to mind but I am sure there are other examples. On the other end of the spectrum you might consider contacting some of the mail order and web retailers like Sharper Image and Amazon to see if they are interested in carrying  the complete with motor kits.  Just some ideas.....
John Castle
McMinnville, Oregon 
AMA# 589650

Alan Hahn

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 11:24:23 AM »
How about Model Aviation? I am not sure if you have had an ad there or not (I don't think you mentioned MA in your list either).

I would think something in the Old time column mentioning the Musciano events would be useful--again pardon if that has already happened in the last year or so.

I have seen the stuff in Flying Models.

Offline Dalton Hammett

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 01:48:29 PM »
Hi Larry

I've seen things in the Control Line World publication.   I likely got more information here that I actually acted on but the CLW is a great publication.

Dalton H.
Dalton Hammett  
Albion, Pa.
Bean Hill Flyers
AMA  29918

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 07:29:38 PM »
Just to show that I am paying attention I called Model Aviation and they are sending me a price quote. It sounded very expensive. We will see. I am also looking into other suggestions.
Thank You
Larry

Offline Ronald Borski

• New Pilot
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 12:14:29 PM »
Don't know how effective youtube is but I like what Banana Hobby has done, not that I like their products. Lots of reviews and stuff on youtube.

Some how to basics, flying videos. Youtube was responsible for my recent return. I have seen the articles in CLW and enjoy reading anything/everything.

Youtube has an "open" audience and may, not sure, bring back folks as well as new blood to the circle. Just thinking out loud.

Ron Borski
AMA 934080

Offline Wayne Collier

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 02:23:27 PM »
Don't know how effective youtube is but I like what Banana Hobby has done, not that I like their products. Lots of reviews and stuff on youtube.

Some how to basics, flying videos. Youtube was responsible for my recent return. I have seen the articles in CLW and enjoy reading anything/everything.

Youtube has an "open" audience and may, not sure, bring back folks as well as new blood to the circle. Just thinking out loud.

Some youtube videos with good content and well thought out titles that will get the right peoples attention may be a good way to get information out.  There may be add fees if postings seem to much like advertisements.  Maybe some folks that like Blackhawk models could post some building or flying videos. 
Wayne Collier     Northeast Texas
<><

never confuse patience with slowness never confuse motion with progress

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here