News:

• May 01, 2024, 01:36:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Prop Rods  (Read 597 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Prop Rods
« on: October 13, 2008, 12:14:07 PM »
Two cars from Black Hawk Models.
Pee Wee Racer (made of hard wood for long life)
Roger's Rocket Racer (balsa for light weight)
$20.00 each
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 10:28:05 PM by LARRY RICE »

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Prop Rods
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 04:55:10 PM »
That "Rocket Racer" looks like my first-ever contest model. 

Mine was painted dark blue and it went 72 MPH with an RR1 on Cox Red Can. 

Prop rod racing was a proper winter activity in the old Orbiteers MAC.  The "track" was in the back room of Royal Six Hobby Shop.  It was based on a threaded sleeve cemented into the floor and a bicycle front axle assembly as the pylon.
Paul Smith

Offline don Burke

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
Re: Prop Rods
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 05:02:23 PM »
When teenagers for winter activity my brother and I made a couple of wire frame three wheelers with Cox engines.  We ran them in the attic of the house we were in on a 2 x 6 board floor.  And since it was an attic storage space it had gaps between the boards.  We used about a 5-6' line anchored by a nail.  We would have run them in the basement but couldn't figger out how to get a nail to hold in concrete!

Made a heck of a racket.  And we just got to listen, we were too chicken to stick our heads out of the stairwell to watch.  Mom, of course, wanted to know what the heck we were up to THIS TIME!  The exhaust and tire wear left a circle on the floor of the attic.  I always wondered if the next house occupant wondered what caused the circle.  And we didn't think about taking pictures!
don Burke AMA 843
Menifee, CA

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here